The Student Room Group

Girlfriend of four years cheated on me, broke up with her 2 weeks ago

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RandomBadgerinoo
Update on this

Today she whatsapped me asking me to meet up with her so i can talk to her about us and try and clear the air and be friends, obviously thats out of the cards,

But i have also found out the guy she was sleeping with at work had shown the pictures and sent them around her work place, and also told everyone he'd been having sex with her, i feel kind of bad for her?

You can either make a drama out of this and waste time making sense where there is none or you cna take the path that will heal you fastest.

Imo theres no point meeting up or being friends as you havent decided what you feel about it all yet. Why clear the air?

Stay away, dont contact and heal yourself up, then you can decide what to do in 6 months +. How do you know everything she says wont just be to save her conscience and another pack of lies consistent with all the other stuff shes done behind your back.

You should also be considering if any of the people who slept with her and you knew are your friends as well.
Original post by 999tigger
You can either make a drama out of this and waste time making sense where there is none or you cna take the path that will heal you fastest.

Imo theres no point meeting up or being friends as you havent decided what you feel about it all yet. Why clear the air?

Stay away, dont contact and heal yourself up, then you can decide what to do in 6 months +. How do you know everything she says wont just be to save her conscience and another pack of lies consistent with all the other stuff shes done behind your back.

You should also be considering if any of the people who slept with her and you knew are your friends as well.

Yeah i understand that but i also just want to know why, i know if i asked her it would be lies but i just cant get over what i did to deserve it..
Original post by RandomBadgerino
Hey guys, as the title indicates, i broke up with my girlfriend of four years 2 weeks ago, i found out recently she had cheated on me 8 times throughout our relationship, she was always very cold towards me and very snide.

She would text me two or three times throughout the day at times, however when i was with her she always had her phone in her hand, to start off with for the first time,

She had gone out drinking with a friend and on that occasion saw someone she went to school with, she then went outside the pub with him and had sex with him, she was wearing a long dress however claimed it was a *Mistake*

Second Time, she met up with another guy they went to mcdonalds, he took her to the stables too see his horses, and they then had sex in his car

Third time, we had an argument, another friend of hers inboxed her asking her if she was okay, then then agreed to meet up where he then took her back to his and, surprise surprise, had sex with her.

Fourth time, she went out clubbing and saw ANOTHER Male friend where they started dancing and she started kissing him, then she went outside the club and got fingered by him

Fifth time sixth time and eighth time i had had enough at this point of feeling like there were many secrets, checked her phone, she had sent dirty pictures, texts and videos

It's emotionally damaged me for the worst part, i gave her everything i could and i tried to make her as happy as i could, i treated her like i thought she deserved to be treated, and all of this has made me really really damaged and confused.

However i cant stop thinking about it? and she also said it was my fault it all happened.
shes a sket, simple. You just gotta know that your worth more and deserve better. I would go out and have some fun ! **** her and tell her you can to way better then her ass, goodluck bro and stay strong
How can people live their lives like that? I'm talking about her.
Forget everything about her. She's not worth any of your sorrows, and I mean any. Go back and live your life, you'll find someone on the way. Someone worthy.
Leave her alone. Block/delete her off everything. You do not want her in your life. Stop this post-breakup drama and heal.

Do it for your own sake. Trust me mate; been there, done that, this is the best option.
Delete her out of your life. It's not your problem or your fault that the pics were sent around her work place. It's her fault and she bought it onto herself. Don't bother with her anymore because it's not worth it.
Yeah i understand that but i also just want to know why, i know if i asked her it would be lies but i just cant get over what i did to deserve it..

I agree with everyone else who says to delete, block and never hear from her again. It's hard at first because 4 years is not a short time.
You need to focus on yourself right now to make yourself happy. Right now you seem to feeling very short of self confidence because of this slag, but I would suggest finding a new (or ever old) hobby to keep you occupied.
HINT: Weight training helped me a lot after a break up.
Leave it for 6 months and probably a year+ until you have settled and resumed life. Trying to find answers through her wont help, especially when she has a track record of deceit. You seem to be chasing answers (creating more melodrama), when in fact you need to walk away and do something more productive. Everyone is saying the same.
Reply 48
You are so much better off without her. She'll probably never admit it, but a bitch like that, you're probably the best thing that ever has, or ever will happen to her, and she has thrown it away.
Original post by VannR
You are so much better off without her. She'll probably never admit it, but a bitch like that, you're probably the best thing that ever has, or ever will happen to her, and she has thrown it away.

This.
Original post by mrhedgehog
I agree with everyone else who says to delete, block and never hear from her again. It's hard at first because 4 years is not a short time.
You need to focus on yourself right now to make yourself happy. Right now you seem to feeling very short of self confidence because of this slag, but I would suggest finding a new (or ever old) hobby to keep you occupied.
HINT: Weight training helped me a lot after a break up.

I've been an aesthetic weightlifter/Crossfitter since i was 16, i enjoy having a body to work on, and thanks man, that means alot,

I passed my OSB For Officer entry into the british army and thats what im focusing on, i just cant get over how somene can be so cruel!
I've been an aesthetic weightlifter/Crossfitter since i was 16, i enjoy having a body to work on, and thanks man, that means alot,

I passed my OSB For Officer entry into the british army and thats what im focusing on, i just cant get over how somene can be so cruel!

If you meet up with her it will drag you back in and take longer

If you want to keep searching for answers, when they dont really exist or you cant handle or accept them it will take you longer.

Make your own mistakes by all means, but people have tried to point you along the right path. It will get better if you leave it alone and do soemthing else. Pick at it and it will hold you back.
Hey guys, as the title indicates, i broke up with my girlfriend of four years 2 weeks ago, i found out recently she had cheated on me 8 times throughout our relationship, she was always very cold towards me and very snide.

She would text me two or three times throughout the day at times, however when i was with her she always had her phone in her hand, to start off with for the first time,

She had gone out drinking with a friend and on that occasion saw someone she went to school with, she then went outside the pub with him and had sex with him, she was wearing a long dress however claimed it was a *Mistake*

Second Time, she met up with another guy they went to mcdonalds, he took her to the stables too see his horses, and they then had sex in his car

Third time, we had an argument, another friend of hers inboxed her asking her if she was okay, then then agreed to meet up where he then took her back to his and, surprise surprise, had sex with her.

Fourth time, she went out clubbing and saw ANOTHER Male friend where they started dancing and she started kissing him, then she went outside the club and got fingered by him

Fifth time sixth time and eighth time i had had enough at this point of feeling like there were many secrets, checked her phone, she had sent dirty pictures, texts and videos

It's emotionally damaged me for the worst part, i gave her everything i could and i tried to make her as happy as i could, i treated her like i thought she deserved to be treated, and all of this has made me really really damaged and confused.

However i cant stop thinking about it? and she also said it was my fault it all happened.

This will obviously be emotionally damaging on you, but you have to keep in mind that all of this is on her and not you. You did nothing wrong and she acted upon her own will to cheat, so there's nothing to say that you forced her to cheat. Find someone that will make you happy OP, it'll take time but it's worth it.
Update on this

Today she whatsapped me asking me to meet up with her so i can talk to her about us and try and clear the air and be friends, obviously thats out of the cards,

But i have also found out the guy she was sleeping with at work had shown the pictures and sent them around her work place, and also told everyone he'd been having sex with her, i feel kind of bad for her?

As with everyone else, don't even bother to reply to it. Its a common method for exes to use to try and weedle their way back in eventually, youll just be sucked back into being friends then trying again with a clean slate and then the whole cycle again. Even if you think it wont happen that's what she will try to do as she thinks youll have forgiven her enough to let her back in.

who cares what that guy at work did, don't feel bad for her, she wants that so you forget a bit about what she did to you and start focusing on how her lifes turned to **** and how you can help her. she deserves it, if she didn't cheat she wouldn't be in that situation
Thanks man, just a waste of four years unfortunately!

This is one of the greatest injustices in the world. Betraying someone who gives you their attention, life, time and love just for... What?

I'm glad you're taking it so well, but something breaks inside me whenever I hear these sort of things...
Update on this

YEASSSS

why do you feel bad for her? She deserves all that and more, ****ing whore

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending