fun facts about yourself watch

(Original post by shawtyb)
    unusual!
    never heard of jollof rice

whats that

how tf did u do that?! make it i mean

id say thats bigger then a freckle lol

aw man! you shot me down

Yeah, a lot of people tell me that and Jollof rice is just orange rice which is super delicious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salamandastron)
    Pupils are always dilated
    iv only ever met one other person with this
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    That's not good :erm: Is there any particular reason why?
    Lack of sleep. :cry:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    I do
    Also I read it
    Cheeky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    Doctor didn't give me any medication for it. he referred me to hospital, the referrals arrived, i just need to book an appointment for myself lol - they're gonna scan my thyroid gland to see how bad it is... increases my appetite so much and i gain alot of weight from it

do you get low moods from it??
    Do you gain weight though? My understanding was that because your metabolism is literally on fiyah :headfire: you burn it super fast and therefore it's tough to gain weight?

Thyroid conditions, admittedly though, are not an exact science by any means.

When I am overmedicated though (which mimics a sort of synthetic form of hyperthyroidism) I can eat loads and still lose weight rapidly. However, palpitations, insomnia, and actually the constant hunger aren't so fun.

Yes indeed, hypothyroidism is characterised by being a bit low because essentially your body is just 'slower', but taking hormone replacement keeps me just fine most of the time.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Salamandastron)

well serah.exe can confirm i am another :lol:
    Can confirm. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    That's so cool!
    I assure you; it's a right pain. Officials always comment on it whenever checking ID anywhere and I have to explain the origin for the 9999th time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Lack of sleep. :cry:

Cheeky.
    That will do it. Insomnia = :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    • i nearly got hit by a train
    • i was a back ground dancer in one of Wretch 32's music videos
    • i have central hetrochromia
    • im left handed
    • im 1/4 jamacian on my dads side
    1. i will never get a good grade in physics
    2. no matter how hard i work i will never learn things nearly as quick as the average person.
    3. i have to put in at least 2x the time to understand stuff others do easily
    4. i am a mess
    5. wondering if i should euthanize myself bc my talent is 0

ReputationRep:
    Okay um

-Whenever I take the first sip or two of a fizzy drink I almost hiccup
    - I don't know how to skip /I literally don't/

yeah soz thts all i got

ReputationRep:

but i mean like how? as in did u have a business? did u sell yourself?
    lol if I sold myself the men would have had to be blind xD

I made a company, and I ran it for a few years.
    Some could say I sold my soul. I traded a social life for money.
    Im quite happy seeing all the drama people are involved in these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    2. no matter how hard i work i will never learn things nearly as quick as the average person.
    4. i am a mess
    At least you're confident

ReputationRep:
    Do you gain weight though? My understanding was that because your metabolism is literally on fiyah :headfire: you burn it super fast and therefore it's tough to gain weight?

Thyroid conditions, admittedly though, are not an exact science by any means.

When I am overmedicated though (which mimics a sort of synthetic form of hyperthyroidism) I can eat loads and still lose weight rapidly. However, palpitations, insomnia, and actually the constant hunger aren't so fun.

Yes indeed, hypothyroidism is characterised by being a bit low because essentially your body is just 'slower', but taking hormone replacement keeps me just fine most of the time.
    I eat enough for a family of four sometimes, i've been over weight/obese all of my life - so some people can gain it.. I recently lost 4 stones but gained back 1 stone in like 2/3 weeks.. LOL

Yeah i get insomnia and at night heart beats so fast, used to get extremely anxious too - but controlled that. The low moods are inevitable though - never leaves, some days are worse than others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    At least you're confident
    confident to get those U's in physics because my brain refuses to understand physics

ReputationRep:
    I'm bisexual
    Am left handed
    I enjoy helping others with problems, whether it has got to do with studying or personal problems.
    I never take on board the good avdice to others to myself :lol:
    I do yoga sometimes
    Aliens and area 51 interests me, I don't know why lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    I have hyperthyroidism and i can eat 3000 calories worth of food in one sitting.
    Do you eat it off your forehead because that looks be the only place big enough?
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    Yeah, a lot of people tell me that and Jollof rice is just orange rice which is super delicious.
    like orange flavoured?

(Original post by thefatone)
    4. i am a mess
    i dont understand alot neither and i left school with no grades

(Original post by Inexorably)
    Okay um

-Whenever I take the first sip or two of a fizzy drink I almost hiccup
    - I don't know how to skip /I literally don't/

yeah soz thts all i got
    skipping is pretty weird, u cant even explain how to do it

(Original post by ripjonsnow)
    lol if I sold myself the men would have had to be blind xD

I made a company, and I ran it for a few years.
    Some could say I sold my soul. I traded a social life for money.
    Im quite happy seeing all the drama people are involved in these days.
    same haha i look like a squashed potato!
    tbh,i have no social lift so id sell it for money lmao!
    what was ur company in? like what did u do

(Original post by imaninja)
    I'm bisexual
    Am left handed
    I enjoy helping others with problems, whether it has got to do with studying or personal problems.
    I never take on board the good avdice to others to myself :lol:
    I do yoga sometimes
    Aliens and area 51 interests me, I don't know why lol
    im bisexual and left handed too.
    mermaids interest me and vampires too
    id love to do yoga

ReputationRep:
    i want a koenigsegg ccx
    and another dozen cars
    and a private jet
    and a biz-heli
    and a dozen watches
    and a lot of gold in assorted formats
    and quite a bit of platinum too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    i want a koenigsegg ccx
    and another dozen cars
    and a private jet
    and a biz-heli
    and a dozen watches
    and a lot of gold in assorted formats
    and quite a bit of platinum too
    a what?

ReputationRep:
    I'm vegan
    I play cello and saxophone
    I'm from Glasgow
    I want a new face lol
    I have no idea what I want to do with my life

ReputationRep:
    Here are some not so fun facts about myself.

1. My great-great grandfather fought in WW1 with the Allies and his body was never retrieved. At least he didn't live to see his son fight for the Nazis. I essentially have a conflicted family history.
    2. When my parents went swoosh in the UK and abandoned me without knowing if I would survive encephalitis, my grandparents took me in and my grandfather essentially wanted me to enrol in the military when I grew older. He kidnapped me when I was 7 in the woods and we lived fo about two weeks out of what we found. Both of them rationed my food for a while (good old Commie memories) as they wanted me to be accustomed with very little.
    3. As an outcome of my grandfather's upbringing, I used to run towards boys in primary school with a massive dictionary and ask them why didn't they want to play with me. I hated being called a tomboy but I was one in all but name. (I even liked wrestling older boys :ashamed2:)
    5. When my aunt eventually adopted me for almost two years, she converted me to opera and ballet. I had the opportunity to become a pretty good performer in either, but my parents decided to return from abroad and force me to stick to school and become top of the class at math.
    4. That happened for a year, when my parents were pretty sure I was to become a prodigy in algebra (100% in every assessment that year), then I discovered anatomy. For the following 7 years I was determined to become a doctor, won science olympiads in anatomy, discussed with actual doctors in hospitals (out of work hours) about medical conditions, essentially identified my grandmother's non-hodgkin lymphoma in an early enough stage to still have her thank me for taking her (almost by force) to the hospital that day, started tutoring seminars prior to biology exams where I would help some of my colleagues pass. Some apparently ended up loving biology so much from then on, that they're now keeping my seat warm in medical school.
    5. My parents insisted that I took mathematics and programming as a profile in high school, despite me wanting to take either natural sciences (because biology and chem used to be my life) or humanities, as I loved Latin and History. I essentially have a baccalaureate diploma in Mathematics- Advanced Calculus and Algebra, Anatomy, and Literature with which I can wipe my arse, as I'm now doing History and IR
    6. I picked up a brown bear cub in front of a mama bear (she was about 100m away) and lived to tell the story. Take that, Glass.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.