Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the worst movie adaptation you've ever seen? Watch

• Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I hear the ratchet and clank film is supposed to be ****

that being said...G saviour, Dragonball evolution, most live action batman films, most superman films, all fantastic 4 films, spiderman 3, amazing spiderman 1 and a few others spring to mind of the films I have seen. also add the 2nd divergent film and any twilight film

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zara_ruby)
    The Mortal Instruments, was not a big fan of a lot of the cast amongst other things. The netflix tv series Shadowhunters I don't love but is a lot better
    i really didn't like the guy who played jace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by defenestrated)
    In the movie???, I think Jamie Campbell Bower had the sarcasm and 'empty inside thing' down but looked a bit.....just not how I imagined

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zara_ruby)
    In the movie???, I think Jamie Campbell Bower had the sarcasm and 'empty inside thing' down but looked a bit.....just not how I imagined
    yeah i agree, he had the right attitude but just didn't look like jace

ReputationRep:
    Also Percy Jackson because I loved the books and they could've been so good, but I think they really should've started them out actually as 12, like they did in Harry Potter because it would've been so much more accurate and I think it would've been so cool to see them grow up!

ReputationRep:
    Stormbreaker - the Alex Rider series were one of my favourite and they had a huge opportunity to make this a lucrative franchise (like Harry Potter, Twilight etc.) and they blew it by messing up the original plot and poor casting.

The Mortal Instruments, in terms of books I've read. It could have been so much better. :sad: I haven't read the books, but Beautiful Creatures was awful. :noway:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Not technically a movie as it was intended to be a TV series, but the Delirium pilot. It's one of my favourite book series and it could have been done beautifully with a TV show, yet they chose to squash one book into the first episode and ... just completely ruin the chance Delirium got at being translated to screen. :grumble:

Damn right I'm still bitter about it. :huff:

(Original post by defenestrated)
    I agree. He didn't have that Jace way about him. :yep:

I hate to be that person, but I do think Alex Pettyfer would have suited the role much better (although the guy playing him in the Netflix series is quite good, I think, even if I'm not that fond of the series itself :laugh:).

(Original post by quasa)
    add the 2nd divergent film
    When the movie deviates so much from the book you watch the trailer and wonder if you read a different book. :laugh:

What the hell was with the percentages and Divergents? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    The Mortal Instruments, in terms of books I've read. It could have been so much better. :sad: I haven't read the books, but Beautiful Creatures was awful. :noway:

I agree. He didn't have that Jace way about him. :yep:

I hate to be that person, but I do think Alex Pettyfer would have suited the role much better (although the guy playing him in the Netflix series is quite good, I think, even if I'm not that fond of the series itself :laugh:).
    I've heard that the Beautiful Creatures books are muuuch better than the movies, I haven't read or watched them but I read the comic for the first book and that was pretty good

I agree omg!! Alex Pettyfer in Beastly was kinda how Jace should've been
    (and he has better hair)

ReputationRep:
    One Flew Over Cuckoo's doesn't even scratch the surface of the book, so little depth in comparison, and I preferred hearing the story from the Chief's perspective

ReputationRep:
    The Harry Potter movies were pretty terrible IMO, but that's probably because I followed the books so religiously.

Also, the old BBC adaption of the Chronicles of Narnia.

I saw an Egyptian Oliver Twist a while back, it was bad.

Edit: everything in the OP I agree with 100%!

ReputationRep:
    I found Inkheart goddamn disappointing. I watched it not long after reading the book which was so much more exciting. It was a long time ago though, I should watch it again to be certain.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.