Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student9977)
    I did Bernstein and Schoenberg too and then the one about melody and rhythm...I thought the essay section was pretty nice but the listening section was horrible!

Question 2 in section A was really hard...what did everyone put for composer/date?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What did you think about melodic dictation?

ReputationRep:
    For the Cadence, I put Perfect in A major, then for the next key I put F#m and then E major. For the chord I put Augmented 6th but it is probably wrong, my friend put dim 7th, but tbh, it's only one mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eeyore_17)
    Was it definitely Mozart? I put him but wasn't sure!
    Yes it definitely was! I just Googled Mozart string quartet 1789 and found his 21st string quartet, which was the one used for our exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllieDavies)
    Yes it definitely was! I just Googled Mozart string quartet 1789 and found his 21st string quartet, which was the one used for our exam.
    You have actually made my day 😂 😂

ReputationRep:
    What did people get as answers for the comparison?
    The accompanying instrument
    Forces/texture
    Differing features of rhythm and metre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freyaip)
    What did people get as answers for the comparison?
    The accompanying instrument
    Forces/texture
    Differing features of rhythm and metre?
    Accompanying instrument I think accordion

Forces texture, monophonic at start,melody dominating homophony, pedal note can't remember what instruments

What did you think about melodic dictation?
    I thought it was a really hard part of the excerpt to give actually because there were a lot of parts playing at once...think I might have got the rhythm but messed up on a lot of the pitches. Needed it a couple more times! What about you?

(Original post by feebs97)
    For the Cadence, I put Perfect in A major, then for the next key I put F#m and then E major. For the chord I put Augmented 6th but it is probably wrong, my friend put dim 7th, but tbh, it's only one mark.
    Think I did the same for the keys and cadence (note sure) for the chord I put neopolitan 6th but it was a complete guess!!

ReputationRep:
    Accompanying instrument I think accordion

Forces texture, monophonic at start,melody dominating homophony, pedal note can't remember what instruments
    Yeah I got accordion as well, monophonic at beginning, then homophonic and also that there was a counter melody (but not sure if it's right) then forces I got bagpipes, flute and then drum but didn't know what type.
    I had no idea what to write for the rhythm and metre question, think I just put a was duple, b was triple b was more sustained and a had cross rhythms but I was guessing tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freyaip)
    Yeah I got accordion as well, monophonic at beginning, then homophonic and also that there was a counter melody (but not sure if it's right) then forces I got bagpipes, flute and then drum but didn't know what type.
    I had no idea what to write for the rhythm and metre question, think I just put a was duple, b was triple b was more sustained and a had cross rhythms but I was guessing tbh
    I think I put one had a varying time signature? But yeah I put one was in compound and the other simple time.. But I can't remember which way round they were! Oh I also said one had a faster tempo, but literally just made stuff up haha!

ReputationRep:
    I think I put one had a varying time signature? But yeah I put one was in compound and the other simple time.. But I can't remember which way round they were! Oh I also said one had a faster tempo, but literally just made stuff up haha!
    Yeah the whole comparison question was so weird tbf, I was expecting like Renaissance vocal music and that came on and I was like wtf

ReputationRep:
    sorry anxious mother alert......did you guys all do ok in your a level music, my daughter was predicted an A* but did badly in unit 5, the whole class has been sent for a remark, anyone else had this problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warbis66)
    sorry anxious mother alert......did you guys all do ok in your a level music, my daughter was predicted an A* but did badly in unit 5, the whole class has been sent for a remark, anyone else had this problem?
    I asked for remarks for Unit 4 and 5 too, so yeah im sure your daughter was not the only one

ReputationRep:
    Have u had it back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warbis66)
    Have u had it back
    good luck if waiting

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.