Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    n-o

swear if he does imma beat him so hard he wont get no girls
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    Allow any of this I would cut his **** off, divorce him and marry someone else.
    The prophet had many wives and concubines, is that what his wives should have done to him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    You Sir, are in dire need of checking your privilege.

I dislike you deeply, mostly due to your gender which is common amongst us feminazi's but also after your vicious attempt of shattering my dreams of being a writer. I cannot stand your presence on these forums, as a man you have misunderstood in thinking any choices are being taken away from you, you are a man and already as a privileged gender promoting my downfalls as a woman due to your disgusting patriarchal constructs. Take your misogyny elsewhere, it is not welcome here.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Just trying to kill some time as I wait for my oven to finish cooking my waffles )
    Woman, you are not entitled to an opinion. :smug:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Look at you, thinking you're a woman just because you can get some waffles from Waitrose and toast them. Some marks for knowing how to cook, even though it's just waffles but at least you're trying to be a good girl. Your father must be proud.

(Original post by Serine Soul)
    Holy mother...
    Oh Bhagwan!

(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    My therapist is in an asylum for the insane.

*evil laugh
    What a horrible way to talk about your mother. I'm going to stay well clear of you. It may run in the family and it's probably contagious as hell.

(Original post by Rhythmical)
    No, despite being Muslim, I could never go through this. How can you love someone if they have four other wives? Some women have no clue their husband has other wives and modern Muslim women would never go through.
    Love is a Western-centric social construct.

There is only duty and the duty of every female is to lie in bed and think of England whilst her husband finishes what he was doing, and then make his sandwiches. :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    Are you really expecting people to say yes?:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erebor)
    The prophet had many wives and concubines. Wouldn't any good muslim girl aspire to that instead of letting their own selfish feelings prevail?
    Not even going to reply to that. You're clearly trying to create an argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    no, and the prophet didnt have many wives for the bants, there were reasons, do your research rather than cherry picking please cheers
    So if there were ''reasons'', you'd be fine with your husband having many wives and concubines and having sex with them?

ReputationRep:
    it isn't even fardh to get married to four different wives. he needs to practise the fardh first, dumbo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Look at you, thinking you're a woman just because you can get some waffles from Waitrose and toast them. Some marks for knowing how to cook, even though it's just waffles but at least you're trying to be a good girl. Your father must be proud.

Oh Bhagwan!

What a horrible way to talk about your mother. I'm going to stay well clear of you. It may run in the family and it's probably contagious as hell.

Love is a Western-centric social construct.

There is only duty and the duty of every female is to lie in bed and think of England whilst her husband finishes what he was doing, and then make his sandwiches. :fuhrer:
    my duty is to curl up under the blanket thinking about England- what like the crappy ever changing weather ?? lol

ReputationRep:
    The prophet had many wives and concubines. Wouldn't any good muslim girl aspire to that instead of letting their own selfish feelings prevail?
    You should stop being nosy, first of all. Any person with complete sense would understand that just because it's written in the holy book, doesn't mean that every man has to put it into action and marry 4 times. If his wife does not satisfy his needs then that's acceptable. We're not being selfish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    Surely a weapons made from ice would work better? Once it's melted they'd be no evidence at all.

But on topic - lets hope these women are financially independent or he's going to paying fro twice as many shoes, handbags etc.
    Materialistic women.

(Original post by alkaline.)
    Point 1. No his choice existed before marriage. Once married he will know I do not approve of any other female being involved, if he does not agree with this he has a CHOICE to not marry me.

Point 2. Yeh so what lololol he deserves it if he does that, he will know the rules pre-marriage, if our mindsets on this issue were different to begin with I wouldn't be marrying him.
    God, you must be horrible to live with.

Spoiler:
    Show
    So controlling, so authoritarian

(Original post by MevMev)
    lmfao
    its in a girls nature dude we can't help it haha
    but on a serious note like if a boy didn't like me u can't force attraction otherwise its not really love so i would just allow t
    live and let live
    Yet, you'd batter him so it's not really "live and let live".

More like "I'll live and I'll castrate you if you look at another woman".

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    At least my mother doesn't have to cook for me, you men act like the whole world runs in your presence when in reality you can't make a simple sandwich on your own. Share your opinions when you understand how to butter some bread.

Goodbye!

P.S The first book I'm going to write will be on the degenerative, exploitative, repressive nature of men.

Go make me a sandwich, I'm hungry :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haj101)
    Not even going to reply to that. You're clearly trying to create an argument.
    I'm not. I'm just saying that muslim men can, in the right circumstances, have several wives. The prophet also had concubines on top of that. Are you denying any of these facts?

ReputationRep:
    TheArtofProtest I'm feeling Nutella

ReputationRep:
    Materialistic women.

God, you must be horrible to live with.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So controlling, so authoritarian

Yet, you'd batter him so it's not really "live and let live".

but why is this a bad thing?
    right you're a boy let me ask you :
    wouldn't u feel unloved by your wife if she didn't give a damn and didn't burn with jealousy every time u looked at another woman
    i personally think my hubby should feel privileged that i feel jealous it means he's done a good job on me

ReputationRep:
    I'm not. I'm just saying that muslim men can, in the right circumstances, have several wives. The prophet also had concubines on top of that. Are you denying any of these facts?
    Yes and none of us were denying that. We were just merely giving our personal opinion

ReputationRep:
    TheArtofProtest I'm feeling Nutella
    TheArtofProtest I'm feeling an apology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maria.x)
    You should stop being nosy, first of all. Any person with complete sense would understand that just because it's written in the holy book, doesn't mean that every man has to put it into action and marry 4 times. If his wife does not satisfy his needs then that's acceptable. We're not being selfish.
    The prophet had 11 wives plus concubines/sex slaves. Most of the times he married it was because they were widows and needed a man to support them. So you'd be ok with your husband marrying other women (and having concubines as well) and ****ing them if those circumstances occurred?

Here's a list:

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/List_of_M...and_Concubines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest;64449231
    God, you must be horrible to live with.[spoiler
    )

So controlling, so authoritarian [/spoiler]Yet, you'd batter him so it's not really "live and let live".

Nope. I am actually the one who gets told what to do and hate it. I'd rather people let me live, as long as they stay away from me I have no need to control anyone. Start involving yourself too much in my life & I'll start to have expectations.

I'd rather live on my own and have people come to visit than live WITH people.
    Spoiler:
    Show

In terms of marriage, I don't think I would ever get married unless I was CRAZYYYYYY in love with someone because I wouldn't want to be bound to someone: in reality you can't control anyone like it's emotionally dangerous imo if I get married I know ill become emotionally attached so how I do know they're not gonna even an ******* n decide to marry someone else? Exactly. So if I ever did get married (which will happen bc under Islam u can't do certain things without marriage) I'll set the rules beforehand and obviously marry someone who has the same mindset.

Do I really want to be *controlling* my man? Hell no!! He's my man I'm not his man lmao, but he better know how to control himself or I'll have to do it for him n I'm not afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    At least my mother doesn't have to cook for me, you men act like the whole world runs in your presence when in reality you can't make a simple sandwich on your own. Share your opinions when you understand how to butter some bread.

Goodbye!

P.S The first book I'm going to write will be on the degenerative, exploitative, repressive nature of men.
    Perhaps using salted butter has rubbed off on you?

You'll make more money plagiarizing the dictionary than you would writing such a book.

Do you prefer to eat it from the bin or steal from the homeless person?

my duty is to curl up under the blanket thinking about England- what like the crappy ever changing weather ?? lol
    My Dubai friend is looking for a wife.

You could always sheikh your booty there?

(Original post by samina_ay)
    it isn't even fardh to get married to four different wives. he needs to practise the fardh first, dumbo
    It isn't even fardh to get married.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And I can now hear your tears of lonliness and desperation

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps using salted butter has rubbed off on you?

You'll make more money plagiarizing the dictionary than you would writing such a book.

Do you prefer to eat it from the bin or steal from the homeless person?

My Dubai friend is looking for a wife.

You could always sheikh your booty there?

It isn't even fardh to get married.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And I can now hear your tears of lonliness and desperation
    but is he a sheikh though?????
    don't judge me I'm a goldigaa oh the shame

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.