Muslims: Do you believe homosexuality should be illegal/criminalized? Watch

• View Poll Results: Only Muslims because I want to get an accurate result
    Yes, it should be illegal
    26.50%
    No, I am a tolerant person who believes in "live and let live"
    73.50%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaminiZindagi)
    Would you want pork and homosexuality banned in Muslim countries ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can't say for certain. But under Islamic ruling..... etc. Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaxalottl)
    1-sex in general can spread STD's. for you to group an entire variety of diseases to one sexuality is quite ignorant. straight people have sex and can get std's. they can spread it too, think of a better argument. also condoms prevent STD's so i dont know where you were going with this

2-it will not lead to the extinction of the human race because there are 7 billion people on earth. homosexual couples still want to have children, again wtaf are you going with this

3- homosexuality was a thing since the beginning. there was a time when being hetero was considered weird, so...

4-wrong! there are loads of gay animals, just google it.

5-its not a disease your a disease to soiciety in general smh

this is from a muslim btw. from what I know the Qur'an says that people cant control who they are attracted to, so its only homosexual acts (gay sex basically) which is a sin. and it mentions loads of times in the Qur'an not to judge other people because we all have our own sins. A gay muslim man might be a bettermuslim than you and in the end its only up to God to decide ya know??

also i cant decide if youre a troll but of you are go away m8 :borat:
    "sex in general can spread STD's. for you to group an entire variety of diseases to one sexual.." Sexual intercourses between males and females have less STDs percent compared to Sexual intercourses between males.
    "it will not lead to the extinction of the human race because there are 7 billion people on earth..." Hence I said 100+ years.
    "homosexuality was a thing since the beginni.." And these people were punished in a very painful way.
    Good on calling me a disease..
    Oh and you can't be a Muslim and Gay at the same time..

ReputationRep:
    Statistics clearly demonstrate that majority of Muslims wanna live under Sharia Law which goes against the values diversity and tolerance

Secondly I dont get how some people believe in superficial stuff like unicorns. I mean come on..

And Yes Islam does contain a lot of inhumane punishments which I think is ******** in my opinion

Maybe I should stop being such a ********.. You kinda right tough
    I am gonna compose myself now.
    I often make these comments when I am tipsy or drunk. not even kidding

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Glad you agree, that's all I meant. And I agree with what you say, I'm an ex-Muslim myself

ReputationRep:
    I think so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhmedMA99)
    Yes I do think it should be criminalized. And here is why I think it should be.
    1- It spreads STDs (Most people don't use condoms in NORMAL relationships because they feel awkward buying a condom. So Imagine buying one with your male friend)
    2- It can lead to the extinction of the human race (not on a period of 20-50 years, but 100+ years)
    3- It is not how humans were made.
    4- Even animals DON'T have sex with the same gender.
    5- It is a disease and people should get treated.
    Actually some animals are gay so that point is invalid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    1) Everybody feels awkward buying condoms. Let's just ban sex outright - it's the only way to be sure.

2) Homosexuality is reasonably rare, and its prevalence does not seem to be increasing. Reporting of homosexuality is certainly increasing, as it becomes more acceptable, but there will never be enough gay people to jeopardise the human population. In any case the world is already heavily overpopulated - if it does cause the population to grow a bit more slowly, more power to them, I say!

3) I don't know exactly what you mean by that, but I'm pretty sure by your standards people weren't "made" to use condoms, either.

4) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonobo...ocial_behavior

5) Homosexuality doesn't cause any harm to people, other than stigmatisation from people like you, so it isn't a disease. It has no "treatment" that doesn't leave its victims mentally and emotionally scarred. And if it was a disease, since when have we criminalised diseases?
    What about STDs? Don't they cause victims to be mentally and emotionally scarred?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGGUS)
    OP why don't you ask someone on Islamic forum rather than this student forum where most people are children
    The student room is for students who are taking GCSEs and A levels and I think even uni so no one can be children .......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGGUS)
    OP why don't you ask someone on Islamic forum rather than this student forum where most people are children
    I want to know what yiuth thinks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    I can't say for certain. But under Islamic ruling..... etc. Yes.
    :hand:
    anyway....
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :hand:
    anyway....
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol what was that?

ReputationRep:
    Lol what was that?
    lost my respect for u..just saying... why cant you just live and let live. gay ppl dont harm anyone. srs.:hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_Hope_X)
    The student room is for students who are taking GCSEs and A levels and I think even uni so no one can be children .......
    okay point taken

ReputationRep:
    1- It spreads STDs (Most people don't use condoms in NORMAL relationships because they feel awkward buying a condom. So Imagine buying one with your male friend)
    2- It can lead to the extinction of the human race (not on a period of 20-50 years, but 100+ years)
    Tell that to my dog, he loves other male dogs.

ReputationRep:
    lost my respect for u..just saying... why cant you just live and let live. gay ppl dont harm anyone. srs.:hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ummm... Ok?

Let them be gay in their own house according to Sharia.

ReputationRep:
    A recent documentary revealed that 50% of British Muslims believe such a thing
    Saudi's belive in eradicating homos. As much as i dont like gays i hate muslims more

ReputationRep:
    Ummm... Ok?

Let them be gay in their own house according to Sharia.
    Still disagree. Why do you guys need Sharia. Pray your salah and fast on Ramadan and let people live and let live. srs.

Sharia is the reason why the Islamic World is a mess. A big time mess

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A recent documentary revealed that 50% of British Muslims believe such a thing

No, everybody has freedom of choice, so if someone desires to be homosexual then that's their choice. In Islam homosexuality is forbidden however, I don't think a fellow human being can judge someone based on their sexual orientation

ReputationRep:
    What about STDs? Don't they cause victims to be mentally and emotionally scarred?
    Sure, but they're by no means limited to gay people.

What about all the points I just raised that you've failed to address?

ReputationRep:
    and actually, to address your other "points"

1. All sex has the possibility to transmit STDs. Vaginal, anal and oral. Do straight people not have these kinds of unprotected sex?

2. Ridiculous argument. Firstly, that would require 100% of the worlds population to be homosexual, and even if that were the case, the human race could be furthered by artificial insemination.

3. I don't even get what this point means.

5. Attitudes like yours are the disease sweetheart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hann95)
    Tell that to my dog, he loves other male dogs.
    Really? I'll be darned. How do the other dogs feel about this, purely out of curiosity?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.