Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    so much for your revision

lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    For me it `s between Darker than Black and Death note.Right now Im watching One piece.Can`t wait for Luffy vs Kaido,King of the Beasts.
    It's so rare to see someone liking Darker than Black. It's one of my fave too.

Some of my fave include
    -Texhnolyze
    -Claymore (though manga is better)
    -Daily Lives of Highschool Boys
    -Guilty Crown
    -Ghost in the Shell
    -Bakuman
    -Beelzebub (they should've continued with it)
    -Durarara
    -Samurai 7
    -Gantz
    -Hellsing
    -Hajime no Ippo
    -Rurouni Kenshin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    I get you about maid-sama. Used to be my favourite but it seems so unrealistic now.

What about Ao Haru ride and Tonari-no kaibutsu- kun? And also ore-monogatari- one of my favourite! And Lovely complex!
    Oops, I'm getting carried away
    no no please get carried away! lol I've added ore monogatari to my list already, and lovely complex too, and I've already watched the other two. Really like tonari no koibatsu kun because it was a bit different, and ao haru ride was so good!

ReputationRep:
    I rarely watch anime but one anime that boggled my mind (in a good way) and a bit weird and different from most current animes that I watched, and slightly realistic was Ergo Proxy. It was kind of depressing but overall it was great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMadHatteress)
    I'm mostly into shoujo. Actually, scratch that- shoujo is all I watch. When I was little, my absolute fav was Ranma 1/2- it's a classic. And in my preteen years I really liked Maid Sama, but I recently rewatched it, and it's a tad bit sexist lmao. Nodame Cantabile is an all time fav.

Can anyone recommend some good shoujo + slice of life animes? I feel like shoujo and slice of life together almost always make for very cliche plots, and actual good ones are quite rare.
    Barakamon is a really sweet slice of life anime/manga. Dengeki Daisy, Skip Beat!, Fruits Basket and Namaikizakari are all funny, although Dengeki Daisy and Namaikizakari don't have animes so you'd have to read the manga. I must admit that I tend to prefer manga to anime so I would recommend the manga for these series over the anime, but that's just my preference ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancing Samurai)
    & Kancolle I presume!
    Well, the KanColle anime adaptation was pretty disappointing, but I really enjoy the game ^^

ReputationRep:
    You can probably tell mine from my username and icon
    Another fave is zankyou no terror. Tragedy is a common theme in my faves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RCLeahcar)
    Well, the KanColle anime adaptation was pretty disappointing, but I really enjoy the game ^^
    Ah interesting, I've never played the game but enjoyed the anime.
    The abyssal fleet ships in particular were very impressive.
    There's been loads of merchandise made for Kancolle including some really nice figures, such as the Wo-Class Carrier below which is one of my favourite anime figures <3

ReputationRep:
    HETALIA~♥
    Pasta!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    It's so rare to see someone liking Darker than Black. It's one of my fave too.

Some of my fave include
    -Texhnolyze
    -Claymore (though manga is better)
    -Daily Lives of Highschool Boys
    -Guilty Crown
    -Ghost in the Shell
    -Bakuman
    -Beelzebub (they should've continued with it)
    -Durarara
    -Samurai 7
    -Gantz
    -Hellsing
    -Hajime no Ippo
    -Rurouni Kenshin
    Have not expected that someone really watched this anime. Do you know that Samuria 7 is the anime adaption to Kurosawa's film seven samurai? the storyline is even similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Have not expected that someone really watched this anime. Do you know that Samuria 7 is the anime adaption to Kurosawa's film seven samurai? the storyline is even similar.
    i've heard of the movie, but never bothered to watch it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    i've heard of the movie, but never bothered to watch it
    I would love to know the film. It is called as the best Japanese one which has ever got so much popularity abroad. And I am curious enough to watch one day. But before that Samurai 7 comes first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMadHatteress)
    no no please get carried away! lol I've added ore monogatari to my list already, and lovely complex too, and I've already watched the other two. Really like tonari no koibatsu kun because it was a bit different, and ao haru ride was so good!
    Yeah! Another fan of Tonari no kaibatsu- kun and Ao Haru ride!

How about Kimi ni todoke and Say I love you(forgot the Japanese name for it) and You lie in April. I can't think of any more shoujo anime but what about shoujo manga? If you do decide to read shoujo manga, I would suggest Last game and Koukou debut! Those are my favourites.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I would love to know the film. It is called as the best Japanese one which has ever got so much popularity abroad. And I am curious enough to watch one day. But before that Samurai 7 comes first.
    Have you watched 13 Assassins? Because that's what Seven Samurai reminds me off

ReputationRep:

How about Kimi ni todoke and Say I love you(forgot the Japanese name for it) and You lie in April. I can't think of any more shoujo anime but what about shoujo manga? If you do decide to read shoujo manga, I would suggest Last game and Koukou debut! Those are my favourites.

Hope this helps
    I turn into such a fangirl when reading this. It's one of the few shoujo manga I consider amazing, plus the characters aren't annoying and there's no pointless events.

ReputationRep:
    death note is my favourite. its not the best anime ive seen technically, but its my favourite. my second favourite is durarara!! love live is also up there (yeah, im awful) although i havent finished watching it (i play the game a lot).
    a few others i particularly enjoyed were no. 6, gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun, and ouran.

honourable mention to evangelion. kaworu, you are still my fave. ♡

ReputationRep:
    Zankyou no terror

ReputationRep:

Hope this helps
    Gahh I think I've watched like all shoujo animes out there hahaa have watched Kimi ni Todoke and Say you Love Me- and they seem to have extremely similar storylines- shy girl gets pursued by popular boy- and its the sort of cliche storyline that I'm not particularly a big fan of haha thanks though <3
    Liked tonari koibatsu kun and ao haru ride bc theyre different

Any josei animes? Although theres only like a handful of animes that qualify as josei so I think I've probably watched them too haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    Zankyou no terror
    ah shoot!! i second this. (zankyou is like, my third fav whoops)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Have you watched 13 Assassins? Because that's what Seven Samurai reminds me off
    No, never heard before. Just looking for that and got to know tt is a film. It is said, this one is similar to the seven Samurai by Akira Kurosawa.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.