Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High Stakes)
    Professionally tested when I was younger I got 132. I don't know how different it would be today, but I also know to take IQ tests with a pinch of salt. No matter what, there is no substitute for hard work.

In fact one of the greatest physicists ever, Richard Feynman, was said to have an IQ of 125 - which compared to a lot of the large numbers found on these threads and from other people bragging is considered small. Still doesn't change the fact that he was brilliant, and that a lot of highly intelligent people out there, moreso than him, haven't come close to achieving what he did.
    Why so many University Challenge champions fail to win in life
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-win-life.html

ReputationRep:
    I recently found out a rapper in a group I listen to has an IQ of 148. Not only did I feel particularly not-clever, I was dumb-founded for days, like ??

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  122.1 KB
    148, certainly not bad. Not sure how much I trust the results though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    This is just another ego-massaging thread, but it would be interesting to see TSR's spread of scores compared to the general population.

I got 133 which I'm pretty chuffed about, although it's probably not accurate as it was a 20 question online test...

http://www.free-iqtest.net

Everyone on here is claiming to be of Mensan intelligence who constitute 2% of the world's populace. They take a standardized test, these amateur websites do not have the seal of approval from the upper establishment. If you were intelligent enough, you would know the illegitimate scale of measure on this website discredits the scoring system

Iq in this country is declining, so say the researchers.

(Original post by Jassy16)
    I agree they should probably rename most of these to LQ
    Yeah, and with those number sequence ones I simply couldn't be bothered thinking and looking for patterns lool

(Original post by Vinny1900)
    Why so many University Challenge champions fail to win in life
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-win-life.html
    What a *****y article. How have these people 'failed' at life? They've probably met their own set of goals by doing their respective professions and have a greater sense of accomplishment than most people ever will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    What a *****y article. How have these people 'failed' at life? They've probably met their own set of goals by doing their respective professions and have a greater sense of accomplishment than most people ever will.
    Ikr. The first comment on the article is GOLD

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    Ikr. The first comment on the article is GOLD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha most of the top rated comments are :lol: (for once in the Daily Mail!)

ReputationRep:
    Once Steven Hawking was asked what his IQ was, you know what he said? "I have no idea. People who boast about their IQ are losers", although I did get a 149 on that test so maybe i wont go with Hawking on this one... (Jk i know these online tests are complete nonsense)

ReputationRep:
    I got 141, is that good?

ReputationRep:
    You have an IQ of 142Must be a load of horse shite

ReputationRep:
    I did one I was 15 and got 132. It's a kinda stupid metric though since intelligence isn't one firm metric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    I had a professional IQ test a couple of years ago and scored about 127. Planning to have it tested again in the summer. :yep:

Kinda offish topic but my dad is part of Mensa. :ahee:
    Wow smart :sexface:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Official Mensa tested IQ is 135.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I must be turning thick as I got 135 on a proper test when I was younger.

At the moment I only suspect that I have a very low IQ. I'm not going to take some test to have that suspicion confirmed. I'd prefer to retain the small possibility that I could be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    This is just another ego-massaging thread, but it would be interesting to see TSR's spread of scores compared to the general population.

I got 133 which I'm pretty chuffed about, although it's probably not accurate as it was a 20 question online test...

http://www.free-iqtest.net
    On that test, I got 141. That qualifies me for MENSA.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon07079191)
    There are different tests with different ranges. Needs to be converted to a percentile in order to reliably compare scores between tests.
    The scores are equivalent to percentiles. They can be compared in the same way as percentiles. This isn't a reason why they can't be compared well but there are reasons eg. difference in types of questions.

ReputationRep:
    Really happy with mine (even though I know it's not an accurate test!) I got 146

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.