Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How will politics change when the IN campaign win in June Watch

ReputationRep:
    UKIP MEPs would be happy, they keep their cushy jobs and generous benefits while whining about how awful the EU is.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that an IN vote would

A full on Tory civil war [a smaller one will occur if OUT)
    Corbyn will be dethroned [will happen either way]
    UKIP will become the third largest party
    Labour will easily win in 2020
    At some point PR will be introduced
    UK will appear more European politically
    Euroscepticism will decline unless there is another global economic downturn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGrammarGuru)
    If we leave, it'll be likely that our next prime minister will be Boris Johnson.

Reflect on that.
    What are you even going on about mate? Did you not read the OP? It explicitly stated IN will win and everyone knows it. I believe IN will win by a very large margin. So why the hell are you making this stupid statement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    I believe that an IN vote would

A full on Tory civil war [a smaller one will occur if OUT)
    Corbyn will be dethroned [will happen either way]
    UKIP will become the third largest party
    Labour will easily win in 2020
    At some point PR will be introduced
    UK will appear more European politically
    Euroscepticism will decline unless there is another global economic downturn
    Finally, I don't think I have the energy yet to address your points but if you haven't noticed I've had to send reply after reply to people who haven't read the bloody original question. We've had IN voters attack OUT voters, OUT voters attack IN voters, we had Labour verse Tory at one point and then all this other crap.

Bravo to you for addressing the actual question. Have a rep just for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inazuma)
    Farage will continue to be irrelevant.
    Ukip, I predict at some point may stray from Euro concern and move to being more of a libertarian party (or, I'd hope). Alternately, they'd move to being the Sinn Fein of MEPs. I'm not sure. Many of my acquaintances there would suit the former, or would move back to Tories.

Tories... well the in-fighting would finally stop, I hope. It's irritating. Think many will still resent Cammy for some of his behaviour in the campaign. I would hope though that the rest of them are mature enough to accept it, and not do an SNP. I'll be having words if that occurs... Us sensible ones will be fine.
    If result is half-half ish, think Bojo, Fox, Gove etc will do well out of it, especially in leadership races - they'll be seen as more likely to do well at challenging and standing up to EU in future. Won't be good for in-backers re leadership.
    Next best thing us Tories will be looking for, if it's an in vote, is that strong leader in the EU.

Labour.... not sure what effect it will have if any. Pretty sure any sceptics have already been put off by Corbyn's flipflopping on the EU, and that leadership looks even worse if we need someone to handle EU in future - if he even hypothetically (laughably) had a shot in 2020, it would still do him no favours.
    Forgive me, I missed this post as I was directed to the last page, I thought the poster above was the first one to actually address the question. Thank you for giving your opinion unlike many others who changed topic.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing will change. UKIP might get some more votes, and people would demand another referendum. That's about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Nothing will change. UKIP might get some more votes, and people would demand another referendum. That's about it.
    I doubt another referendum would be a good idea for the Leavers. People would have lost interest and the voters would be annoyed at yet another referendum and increase the remain vote.

ReputationRep:
    Rather arrogant of the left to presume victory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omen96)
    What are you even going on about mate? Did you not read the OP? It explicitly stated IN will win and everyone knows it. I believe IN will win by a very large margin. So why the hell are you making this stupid statement?
    I said IF we leave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otester)
    Rather arrogant of the left to presume victory.
    I'm not the left and I'm am an OUT voter. The fact is we need to be smart and look at the facts. IN have won and there is nothing we can do to prevent it. Don't have false hope please, you will only be dissapointed

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the left and I'm am an OUT voter. The fact is we need to be smart and look at the facts. IN have won and there is nothing we can do to prevent it. Don't have false hope please, you will only be dissapointed
    I think the result was decided long ago, I don't think the Conservative victory in 2015 was any coincidence either, I think it will be rigged out so the beginning of the end of the EU (at in its current form) begins.

As outlined in an AIG report in 2008, the EU has an incentive to create/encourage crisis

ReputationRep:
    Boris may well win even if Remain wins.The contest is likely to be between an immigration-sceptic socially conservative principled Remain candidate (May) and a pro-big business, pro-immigration socially liberal opportunist Leave candidate (Boris) with Osborne and Gove as busted flushes.

Boris will adjust to the changed environment. There is a touch of Churchill about him in that way.

The key change is that most of the senior Leave politicians (plus Ken Clarke) will drift off stage at the 2020 election. There will be a full pardon for minor Leave figures provided they show unswerving loyalty to the leadership whoever becomes leader. Cameron will be concentrating on his legacy and his legacy will be vice-like party discipline.

There won't be a fight to succeed to retiring MPs' seats. The Cabinet will ensure that loyalty is the key to getting ahead because until the leadership election, all candidates have a vested interest in loyalty. Local parties will have the choice between 2 or 3 rigidly loyal candidates. The battle that has raged in the Conservative Party since Thatcher's Bruges speech will be over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    Boris may well win even if Remain wins.The contest is likely to be between an immigration-sceptic socially conservative principled Remain candidate (May) and a pro-big business, pro-immigration socially liberal opportunist Leave candidate (Boris) with Osborne and Gove as busted flushes.

Boris will adjust to the changed environment. There is a touch of Churchill about him in that way.

The key change is that most of the senior Leave politicians (plus Ken Clarke) will drift off stage at the 2020 election. There will be a full pardon for minor Leave figures provided they show unswerving loyalty to the leadership whoever becomes leader. Cameron will be concentrating on his legacy and his legacy will be vice-like party discipline.

There won't be a fight to succeed to retireing MP's seats. The Cabinet will ensure that loyalty is the key to getting ahead because until the leadership election, all candidates have a vested interested in loyalty. Local parties will have the choice between 2 or 3 rigidly loyal candidates. The battle that has raged in the Conservative Party since Thatcher's Bruges speech will be over.
    Interesting take on it, we will see

ReputationRep:
    Some ambitious UKIP members will defect to the Tories, seeing they will have no chance of getting any power. Cameron will replace all the Leave supporters in his cabinet with new blood during the first post Brexit reshuffle.

Leavers will grumble a lot, but know they won't get another referendum for at least a generation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.