Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should Holocaust denial be illegal? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iknowbest)
    That does not surprise me at all
    (((bear™))) will never forget the victims of Shoah

ReputationRep:
    Well could you link any websites or information to prove your theory?
    If you absolutely demand a website, see this one: http://www.nizkor.org/faqs/auschwitz...tz-faq-06.html

It's also got a summary of more general denier claims: http://www.nizkor.org/features/qar/qar00.html

if they lied about Auschwitz and still sell tours and tell the same stories to people even today.. how can you believe anything without actually seeing the proof?
    What did "they" lie about regarding Auschwitz? That some overzealous Red Army soldier stuck up a sign exaggerating the number killed (for the record, he was likely trying to overstate the number of Poles killed, not Jews) that no scholarly work ever regarded as a serious estimate?

ReputationRep:
    Who created this database and how is that verifiable? People could simply create a fictional person and add it to the database.. yes many people died and these would be genuine details of course.. but the lengths people could go to to keep this LIE going is crazy!

I have seen with my own eye's images that claimed to be victims of these camps actually are manipulated.. i will find and post you can verify it yourself.. why feel the need to do this is what i question?

(Original post by the bear)
    (((bear™))) will never forget the victims of Shoah

ReputationRep:
    http://www.nizkor.org/faqs/auschwitz...tz-faq-06.html

A lot of words and not much proof that these "additional" gas chambers that they say the SS blowup to conceal evidence actually existed.. and that these chambers where ventilated to allow the gas to dispel in a much shorter period allowing the next batch of 2000 people to be marched into it!

it beggars believe in fact that hundreds of people would willingly all congregate literally shoulder to shoulder (at best) into a room and wait to be gassed! Tricked or not it simply couldn't happen! Then each body was transported to the Ovens one by one and cremated sometimes 4 at a time within the time as would be required! Couldn't fit one body into them and the cremation ovens built today have been proven to take longer than the time stated by... anyways here i will link a LOT of information to sum up

http://www.whale.to/b/holocaust_revisionism.html

take your time to actually see some proof!

ReputationRep:
    Who created this database and how is that verifiable? People could simply create a fictional person and add it to the database.. yes many people died and these would be genuine details of course.. but the lengths people could go to to keep this LIE going is crazy!

I have seen with my own eye's images that claimed to be victims of these camps actually are manipulated.. i will find and post you can verify it yourself.. why feel the need to do this is what i question?
    fortunately the scholars at Yad Vashem have carefully documented Shoah.

please take the time to visit their site to find the facts

www.yadvashem.org/

ReputationRep:
    scholars at Yad Vashem - ohh you do make me laugh! Just one person teaching another person lies and you take it as gospel.. ohh dear lord!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    This thread might be 70 years out of date...
    ???

ReputationRep:
    Ohh here some actual proof of many photo's being manipulated and used as propaganda as mentioned..

http://lovkap.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09...ke-pics-1.html

Answer one question.. WHY do this?

ReputationRep:
    Let me try to explain.. not sure what the ??? above are in reference to... but anyway

If a person who reads a fake story regarding many people being killed due to Gassing.. then tells this to students .. it does not make it true!

I have yet to see any actual proof ie Pictures, Video footage, that any person was gassed to death, on purpose, let alone 6 million?

All i have have seen are tales and stories that explain this happening..

So to sum up.. NO it should not be illegal, although certain people would like it to be so the actual truth is never told.

ReputationRep:
    Free speech exists exactly for the ideas that you find uncomfortable. Every tyrant in history has let people praises them it's the reverse that is important.

Holocaust denial is almost always bigoted and beyond that is just plain wrong. Doesn't mean it should be illegal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fenice)
    ???
    The Holocaust was ages ago

ReputationRep:
    and the 1 million figure, unfortunately, is stated on wikipeadia
    Is it? I can't see it.

ReputationRep:
    My mistake it was this wiki page that stated the 1 million figure after a review was done.. 4 million was the figure originally stated for Auschwitz itself.. still the 6 million figure was a total fabrication.. and it was a lot less and like I already explained none due to gassing on purpose.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auschw...entration_camp
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    Is it? I can't see it.

ReputationRep:
    My mistake it was this wiki page that stated the 1 million figure after a review was done.. 4 million was the figure originally stated for Auschwitz itself.. still the 6 million figure was a total fabrication.. and it was a lot less and like I already explained none due to gassing on purpose.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auschw...entration_camp
    I'm glad you have admitted your error.

ReputationRep:
    I am glad you said "almost always" otherwise I have wasted my time in actually showing the proof in this thread. Nobody can deny the event itself as now called the Holocaust and many people did die at these camps! What I deny is the official story, that is in my opinion and from the proof i have read and seen, is a fabrication.

(Original post by garfeeled)
    Free speech exists exactly for the ideas that you find uncomfortable. Every tyrant in history has let people praises them it's the reverse that is important.

Holocaust denial is almost always bigoted and beyond that is just plain wrong. Doesn't mean it should be illegal.

ReputationRep:
    I am only human believe it or not

(Original post by ageshallnot)
    I'm glad you have admitted your error.

ReputationRep:
    no

/thread

I don't see why people are disputing this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    The Holocaust was ages ago
    How is that relevant?

ReputationRep:
    I am only human believe it or not
    I take it that you have read serious books arguing that the holocaust did in fact happen broadly as the orthodox version has it? Which ones?

x
    It wasn't only the Soviets who liberated concentration camps, it was the Americans and British also. Of course the Soviets had a lot to gain from demonising the Nazis, but the Americans and British did not; the Western Allies would probably not have agreed to make it all up; the British definitely not so, simply because it would strengthen the Soviets.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.