ReputationRep:
    Smirnoff Lemonade. It tastes of ice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melancholy)
    Amaretto and ****
    I hope you meant coke :laugh::laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Cider is the cruelest when it comes to hangovers. I'd only ever drink ciders when I intended on just having a couple in the evening. If she's planning on a proper night it's guaranteed to cause suffering the next day!
    Ah noted, thanks for the advice on the after-effects

ReputationRep:
    I started on fruity cider, but its waaay to sweet now. Drink a quality import lager like Peroni, Sagres or Staropramen. Bottle rather than pints keeps it cold and fresh.
    Want one now!

ReputationRep:
    Fruit cider and if you want which absolutely does not taste of alcohol in any way, then any of the Old Mout "ciders", most places will have these as they're fashionable, Passion fruit & apple, Strawberry & Kiwi etc. I put cider in speech marks because they are an insult to the name, they shouldn't be allowed to be called ciders IMO. They're so sweet it's insane and I don't think a fermented apple has touched the glass.

From there other ciders are still good since they're naturally sweet, Kopparberg pear is very easy to drink, again almost alcopop territory. You can try stuff like Old Rosie albeit if you're going clubbing all the bars are likely to have are Strongbow, some Kopparbergs, Bulmers fruit flavours, maybe some Stella Cidre (lol). If you're at a bar with more variety or going on a pub crawl say, then if you do try any cloudy cider just remember compared to those around you drinking pints of beer/lager or even cocktails, your drink is going to be twice the strength, so pace yourself.

Other suggestions...

Vodka with any sort of mixer
    Southern comfort & Lemonade
    Do people still do jager bombs much these days lol? If so they're easy to down.

Someone said Red wine, only thing I'd say is if you're having wine ask if you can try a tiny bit of it before you buy a glass (most places which aren't **** will let you), just because it might unappealing especially if you've never really drunk anything. I've never tried a wine which is palatable to me, for whatever reason they all taste disgustingly bitter or sour, hard to describe, but white/red/rose, all off the menu for me.

...that was longer than I thought...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SubZero~)
    Are you just curious to drink or? Cause I don't really understand the point of it. Some of my friends have said it tastes disgusting and they only do it to get drunk.
    I've never actually met one of these mythical "hates alcohol but drinks it anyway" people that always seem to get brought up here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Try a good gin. try a black Russian. Pick something new, try a long island ice tea if you want something refreshing.
    Good ciders are good and so is a good beer, Stay away from wkd and cheap stuff. Baileys is also a great comfort drink so is coffee liqueur if you like that stuff
    Bad advice, gin is arguably the most acquired taste of all alcohol. Even I don't like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HenryHill)
    I started on fruity cider, but its waaay to sweet now. Drink a quality import lager like Peroni, Sagres or Staropramen. Bottle rather than pints keeps it cold and fresh.
    Want one now!
    Draught is better than bottled 99% of the time

So much bad advice ITT :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Bad advice, gin is arguably the most acquired taste of all alcohol. Even I don't like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I love it personally, but It was just a recommendation. to find out what op likes and does not like, but each to his own

ReputationRep:
    flavoured vodka and coke or like a fruit juice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaylaB)
    Yeah I am a typical nerd and haven't done the usual getting drunk with the lads but alas, I am finally going to properly drink but I don't know what to have. I've had WKD (lol) in the past and that didn't taste of much, but that's about it really.

Ah and I've also just remembered some cheap beer that was acquired :angel: at another friend's party but it tasted absolutely vile.

I'm going out with a group of friends (who have all turned 18 already ) next week but will be drinking but I just don't know what to have, I just don't want to waste my money on a gross drink. So any tips for drinks for a newbie?
    i'll agree with at Josb and AperfectBalance on what they said
    good choice would be a long island iced tea or one of my favorites is called guy's passion created by a friend of mine and the bartender in the restaurant i used to work at
    which comprises
    a measure each of passoa and malibu
    third each of cranberry, pineapple and orange juices (50 ml of each should do)
    shaken over ice, strained and served in a highball glass with garnishes of your choosing (a cherry, a slice each of lemon and orange was the normal he used)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    i'll agree with at Josb and AperfectBalance on what they said
    good choice would be a long island iced tea or one of my favorites is called guy's passion created by a friend of mine and the bartender in the restaurant i used to work at
    which comprises
    a measure each of passoa and malibu
    third each of cranberry, pineapple and orange juices (50 ml of each should do)
    shaken over ice, strained and served in a highball glass with garnishes of your choosing (a cherry, a slice each of lemon and orange was the normal he used)
    That sounds really nice, must try that out sometime.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.