Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why feminism is still relevant in the West watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Matriarchy)
    Why does it always have to descend into derisive and judgemental comments, invariably from men?

I haven't said anything bad about any group of people, I am merely stating that we are conditioned to believe certain things about the roles that men and women should play in society and it would be better if we truly eradicated this, and signs like this do actually play an important role in that.
    You're declaring we're conditioned because of a sign and assume that everybody has as little knowledge as you, or alternatively over thinks as much.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by FrothyGash)
    Please can you refrain from being transphobic, it isn't funny.
    "I don't like what you're saying, you're x-phobic"

Stop being cis-phobic.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't said they don't need feminism, or even made any statements as to how far they need feminism in comparison.

This is about why feminism does still matter in the West.

I never once said it doesn't matter outside of the West or that the issues are equivalent in magnitude and importance.

If you seriously care so much about women in Asia why do you not do something for this cause?
    When we discuss a topic about feminism and mention West then it's necessary to say which countries need it most.

Your point on some sign holds no ground.

I do care, that's correct. Fate will tell if I can do something about it. I know for sure that I wouldn't come on TSR and whinge like you

ReputationRep:
    'stupid'?

'feelings'?

This isn't about emotion- it is an observation as to what drives societal attitudes towards men and women and the roles they should play.

Society doesn't decide anything for anyone unless you're living in a communist country where the government decides how you live and what you do.

If you live in a western country ruled by capitalism, women have as much rights to do whatever the hell they want as men, sometimes even more (in cases of divorce and jail sentences) so all this crap about society and "societal attitudes towards men and women" is some horse crap you probably picked up from a non binary gender fluid tree ƒucking belled on tumblr or twitter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)

Stop being cis-phobic.
    how many people do you think take their lives as a result of cis-phobia?

The way you are arguing points about genuine issues by trivialising them and making them about yourself is really concerning.

ReputationRep:
    Who said I am a woman?
    I have no information to go on but your display name.

The matriarchy translates to la matriarchie in French.

La is a female definite article. As such, your username is female, thus creating the presumption that you are too.

I'm glad to see we're already getting to the heart of the systemic oppression women face in the Western world.

ReputationRep:
    Those strong womyn cows literally get raped to produce milk for the patriarchy.
    Exactly it triggers me so much :cry2:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    how many people do you think take their lives as a result of cis-phobia?

The way you are arguing points about genuine issues by trivialising them and making them about yourself is really concerning.
    How many do you think take their lives due to transphobia, biggot?

ReputationRep:
    You are trivialising the struggle that trans folk go through everyday. Its not big and its not clever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    When we discuss a topic about feminism and mention West then it's necessary to say which countries need it most.

Your point on some sign holds no ground.

I do care, that's correct. Fate will tell if I can do something about it. I know for sure that I wouldn't come on TSR and whinge like you
    Well yes, I don't dispute that. But actually if you just go 'but what about this bigger issue' nothing would eve get done ever.

I hope you go around on all the threads pointing this out to ensure that nobody discusses anything ever.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by tengentoppa)

La is a female definite article. As such, your username is female, thus creating the presumption that you are too.

I'm glad to see we're already getting to the heart of the systemic oppression women face in the Western world.
    That logic doesn't quite hold, I know vaginas are pretty strong but that doesn't make them a masculine thing, well, to these people it probably does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)

The French translation bears no significance as to what I am or am not. You have assumed from my slightly over the top username that I am female.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Exactly it triggers me so much :cry2:
    We have to put a stop to the patriarchy to save womyn of all species across the globe.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You are trivialising the struggle that trans folk go through everyday. Its not big and its not clever.
    I must say that I am yet to find a trans person who doesn't make a song and a dance over literally nothing.

ReputationRep:
    That logic doesn't quite hold, I know vaginas are pretty strong but that doesn't make them a masculine thing, well, to these people it probably does.
    I hope this is sarcastic.

ReputationRep:
    How many do you think take their lives due to transphobia, biggot?
    bigot*

A lot of people take their lives due to transphobia or lack of trans acceptance.

ReputationRep:
    I must say that I am yet to find a trans person who doesn't make a song and a dance over literally nothing.
    You think trivialising their constant struggle in society is "literally nothing". Disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    We have to put a stop to the patriarchy to save womyn of all species across the globe.
    Exactly sister! Female flies > men :yep:

ReputationRep:
    bigot*

A lot of people take their lives due to transphobia or lack of trans acceptance.

And how does that affect you when the subject here is feminism and not transsexuality?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I hope this is sarcastic.
    No, literally, vagina is a masculine word in French.

You think trivialising their constant struggle in society is "literally nothing". Disgusting.
    So you're saying that disagreement on a completely unrelated political point is a massive trans issue?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.