The Student Room Group

I hate my life so much!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blackstarr
I want to help vulnerable people so considered nursing but i am still uncertain and if i was to go uni in the next year or two, there are no more NHS bursaries which means i have have to take out a loan and risk being on a course i don't like and on top of that be in debt and no longer get any funding to switch courses.

Ah okay, i see now :biggrin: why don't you try volunteering at the local hospital/ hospice? they are always looking for people to even just wash up etc. you could also ask if you can do some work experience with them to see if you like it, even just a day is good for you and if they like you, they might help with references and such :biggrin: My mum was a Matron and she really enjoyed it :biggrin:
I have sort of tried thinking and thought nursing because i want to help vulnerable children and make a difference in their lives but now i am still uncertain.

Its like no career100% interests me:redface:

Try a copy of this. You can get it for 1p plus postage.

It has exercises in which help you identify skills.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1580087132/ref=tmm_pap_used_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1462210845&sr=8-16

If you want to stop hating your life so much you have to want change and be prepared to put the effort in.

Do work experience, contact people who do the job you think you might like.
Original post by 999tigger
Try a copy of this. You can get it for 1p plus postage.

It has exercises in which help you identify skills.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1580087132/ref=tmm_pap_used_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1462210845&sr=8-16

If you want to stop hating your life so much you have to want change and be prepared to put the effort in.

Thanks and i am willing to put the effort in but don't seem to be going anywhere/progressing the way i like to.
Original post by Samonia
Ah okay, i see now :biggrin: why don't you try volunteering at the local hospital/ hospice? they are always looking for people to even just wash up etc. you could also ask if you can do some work experience with them to see if you like it, even just a day is good for you and if they like you, they might help with references and such :biggrin: My mum was a Matron and she really enjoyed it :biggrin:

Okay.
You need to go back to basics and understand yourself, keep looking and finding what it is you like to do or what you might be good at.
Open yourself an account on national careers. Once you know your skills it becomes more straightforward to figuring out the career areas best suited and then its back to working out how to get the experience and qualifications you need. Thats the start of a plan. Things cna be different in the workplace than they are in the classroom.
Unit 8: psychological perspectives
Unit 6-Profesional personal development
Unit 9-Palanning and values in HSC
Unit 4-The development through life stages(something like that)

I haven't done unit 9 yet but I can help with those other units
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I haven't done unit 9 yet but I can help with those other units

Okay.

you know unit 6 M2-Assess how the action plan has helped support own development over duration of the course.

seriously, i don't like the unit and whilst people think its easy to get the distinctions, i am clueless and don't knoe what to write for it.
Okay.

you know unit 6 M2-Assess how the action plan has helped support own development over duration of the course.

seriously, i don't like the unit and whilst people think its easy to get the distinctions, i am clueless and don't knoe what to write for it.

OMG this one I don't get myself. Neither do any of my friends actually. It talks about the action plan but in my current work experience booklet there is no action plan so I'm not sure if it's referring to the action plan in my previous work experience booklet.
OMG this one I don't get myself. Neither do any of my friends actually. It talks about the action plan but in my current work experience booklet there is no action plan so I'm not sure if it's referring to the action plan in my previous work experience booklet.

This unit is pretty useless and a complete waste of my time, my class is so behind on this and i doubt i will get higher than a pass for this but i am still going to try.

The action plan is P3-your three targets for the year or so i think.
This unit is pretty useless and a complete waste of my time, my class is so behind on this and i doubt i will get higher than a pass for this but i am still going to try.

The action plan is P3-your three targets for the year or so i think.

My class is never behind. The girls in my class work so fast it's ridiculous, they can get a whole assignment done in like 2 lessons.

I'm not worried about the action plan atm, right now I'm doing unit 21 nutrition because assignment 2 is being sent off for IV.
My class is never behind. The girls in my class work so fast it's ridiculous, they can get a whole assignment done in like 2 lessons.

I'm not worried about the action plan atm, right now I'm doing unit 21 nutrition because assignment 2 is being sent off for IV.

I guess you do unit 21 instead of unit 9 and vice versa.
Original post by Erebor
Asian?

Glad to know i am not the only one.

It really makes me die inside a little when i'm retarded

this thread is proof of this
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4054175&p=64536225#post64536225
Original post by thefatone
It really makes me die inside a little when i'm retarded

this thread is proof of this
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4054175&p=64536225#post64536225

I am the same tbh.
You still have plenty of time to decide what you want to do so don't worry too much. Why don't you try going to some careers events and so what different types of careers they have to offer. You don't have to go into the traditionally prosperous careers i.e. medicine, engineering and law in order to be successful in life. There are thousands of opportunities out there, you just have to find them.

What I would do is think positively and make a list of the things you are good at. This doesn't have to be an academic list of your strongest subjects, include also any extracurricular activities and also any personal attributes i.e. hardworking, good listener etc.

Take this list and explore as many career options as possible through different events and research online.

Your career path does not have to involve time spent at university and this is absolutely fine. The main thing is that you find something that will make you happy, and you will find success in happiness.

Hope this helps ! :smile:
Reply 55
just be a little more positive, I would love to be in your position now.

I returned to education in my 30s, total school drop out. I HAD GCSEs to re set whilst doing level 4,5 and 6 degree

YOU CAN DO IT.

Quick Reply

Latest