The Student Room Group

How did you find the IGCSE English Language exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CheekyYear11
It went al-right.
Think I got a bee.

It's ok if you feel you did bad keep you M.R Head up!

i think that everyone needs to complain, hint hint for lower grade boundaries like last year situation with 'maths' those students were like thugs haha
EVERYONE COMPLAIN NOW, THATS HOW U GONNA GET THE DAAAAAAAYYYYYYYMMM BOUNDARY DOWN
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Starlight15
I found Question 1 okay

Question 2 was tricky

Question 3 was 👌

Yeah same here but I spent way too much time on Q3 that I didn't get Q2 finished I only done 5/8 points
I thought Q1 was okayish considering that I'm usually AWFUL at that. Question 2 was quite good actually although I misread the question at first and realised how few quotes I was left to look at. I managed to analyse those available to me decently though. Question 3 was actually the worst for me... I just didn't like the text very much.
I didn't understand Q1 at all , it said pretend you are Maria , but why at the end said Maria Rose Head= M.R Head ?
The invigilators distracted me through the whole exam by walking around the room, making foot step sounds, it was so annoying, I couldn't even concentrate!
Original post by Rhianmaghie
Guy's do you think that the grade boundaries are gonna drop?

I hope they're going to drop, just like how the populations of bees are dropping.
I said in question 2 that the "orange trees" are that colour because it's exotic compared to our green trees at home oblivious to the fact that it meant ****ing ORANGE FRUIT TREES ffs :colonhash:
Damn everyone's giving hate to question 2 im here like, I FORGOT HOW TO READ no seriously i didn't understand what i was reading because i panicked the first 3 minutes and i couldn't soak in the information. I had to give myself a pep-talk in the exam hall. I have to say, the text about the honeybees was extremely tedious and the examiners are so sly and crafty with the first text. I had to figure out which character was saying/thinking which thing and yes the last bullet point was very vague but overall i didn't think i did too bad.
Original post by gcsestudent3856
I hope they're going to drop, just like how the populations of bees are dropping.

mhm, you said it.

to be honest guys, just go onto the cambridge site where they publish the exam and just demand for lower grade boundaries...idc im doing it, i'll have to petition for it
Grab a pillow and listen to PILLOWTaLK, IK THIS AINT THE BEST ADVICE BUT YET ITS KINDA RELAVENT RIGHT NOW

I WAS JUST WONDERING what are the grade boundaries for core ???
Original post by Rhianmaghie
Grab a pillow and listen to PILLOWTaLK, IK THIS AINT THE BEST ADVICE BUT YET ITS KINDA RELAVENT RIGHT NOW

May I offer you a softer pillow?
Reply 53
QUESTION 2 WAS HORRIBLE!!

Question 1 and 3 were okay tbh but oh my god q2-who else made it up as they were going along?
Original post by TheYearNiner
May I offer you a softer pillow?

No thank you, My necks all better..
Original post by Starlight15
I found Question 1 okay

Question 2 was tricky

Question 3 was 👌

I completely agree!
Original post by S.olk
QUESTION 2 WAS HORRIBLE!!

Question 1 and 3 were okay tbh but oh my god q2-who else made it up as they were going along?

Yeah!
did anyone find the exam paper leak?
Reply 58
cant wait to see the paper released so i can see what people are complaining about
Original post by TylerDM
cant wait to see the paper released so i can see what people are complaining about

did u do the exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending