Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

[QUOTE=Platopus;64566111]No, I'm sitting my A2s this year. You could say that: Im studying it at uni next year and doing an A level in it atm.

I want to do Philosophy in uni, well have fun. Who's your favourite philosopher?

ReputationRep:
    Currently using a Visconti 'Van Gogh' fountain pen, and a Parker Sonnet 13 as a back up. Possibly looking at a Pelikan M600 for my next one

(Original post by Redmonds)
    Currently using a Visconti 'Van Gogh' fountain pen, and a Parker Sonnet 13 as a back up. Possibly looking at a Pelikan M600 for my next one
    You lucky son-of-a-gun. Which Van Gogh do you have? I wish I have a homo sapiens but my grant can only afford a couple Pelicans and my Puente de resistances the Caran D'Ache given to me Sir Prof, Patrick Derham. The Head-Master of Westminster School.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    After realising that my Lamy was at least 10 years old, I recently treated myself to a new Lamy Al-Star in black purple

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    After realising that my Lamy was at least 10 years old, I recently treated myself to a new Lamy Al-Star in black purple
    Perhaps try a cheapo Jinhao, they're like £2 but work pretty good.

[QUOTE=Anonymous;64566181]
    (Original post by Platopus)
    No, I'm sitting my A2s this year. You could say that: Im studying it at uni next year and doing an A level in it atm.

I want to do Philosophy in uni, well have fun. Who's your favourite philosopher?
    Don't really have a favourite! I do admire Bertrand Russell though.

[QUOTE=Platopus;64566457]
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Don't really have a favourite! I do admire Bertrand Russell though.
    Do you like Prof. Arthur Schopenhauer?

[QUOTE=Anonymous;64566475]
    Do you like Prof. Arthur Schopenhauer?
    Not studied him I'm afraid.

[QUOTE=Platopus;64566501]
    Not studied him I'm afraid.
    His ideology is quite profound with his idea of "the will to life" pretty similar to Prof. Sigmund Freud's work but with a lot more emphasis on human attraction. A bitter man nevertheless but a man of greatness and I strive to be. Plus Charles Dickens was fond on him )))))))))

[QUOTE=Anonymous;64566605]

His ideology is quite profound with his idea of "the will to life" pretty similar to Prof. Sigmund Freud's work but with a lot more emphasis on human attraction. A bitter man nevertheless but a man of greatness and I strive to be. Plus Charles Dickens was fond on him )))))))))
    Here's a nice video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0zmfNx7OM4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dawg_Money_2)
    Indeed, you can get a pretty inexpensive set from The Pen Shop, I'll even give you my discount.
    Thanks for the offer, but I have my own calligraphy set ☺
    I also use Lamy Joy which is good for a quick calligraphy message.
    Do u do calligraphy too?

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe anyone would use anything else, they write so much more nicely. There's something rewarding about refilling them from a bottle, adjusting the nib, and generally putting more care and time into the utensil.

I've got a 1950's Waterman CC, a Parker '77 Type 45 CT Classic, a Sailor 1911, Sheaffer Imperial Triumph ~80's/90's, Sheaffer Imperial I ~60's, and a Parker Chrome "Leadership" Frontier. I write with most of them regularly except for the Waterman CC because I don't want to rub off the original chalk markings, and the Imperial I because I need to buy a NOS squeeze filler as it's the only thing that will fit it. Some of my college friends have started using or gone back to using fountain's this year, so I'm quite glad to think that I might have had some positive influence! I hate lending fountain pens though, the peasants always seem to bend the clips...

(Original post by rayestar)
    Thanks for the offer, but I have my own calligraphy set ☺
    I also use Lamy Joy which is good for a quick calligraphy message.
    Do u do calligraphy too?
    I wish I was skilled! I would try but theres so many stories to work on and articles and ideology to eveloped!!!!! THERES NOT ENOUGHT TIME!!!! WE HAVE TO RISE UP AND BECAME THE GREATEST, RAYESTAR; THE BLOODY GREATEST. YOU SHALL BE REMBRANT!

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was skilled! I would try but theres so many stories to work on and articles and ideology to eveloped!!!!! THERES NOT ENOUGHT TIME!!!! WE HAVE TO RISE UP AND BECAME THE GREATEST, RAYESTAR; THE BLOODY GREATEST. YOU SHALL BE REMBRANT!
    haha I'm flattered by all those great comments
    Do u write stories? I used to write stories online! But I'm kinda taking a break cos of my gcse

(Original post by dragonzrmetal)
    Can't believe anyone would use anything else, they write so much more nicely. There's something rewarding about refilling them from a bottle, adjusting the nib, and generally putting more care and time into the utensil.

I've got a 1950's Waterman CC, a Parker '77 Type 45 CT Classic, a Sailor 1911, Sheaffer Imperial Triumph ~80's/90's, Sheaffer Imperial I ~60's, and a Parker Chrome "Leadership" Frontier. I write with most of them regularly except for the Waterman CC because I don't want to rub off the original chalk markings, and the Imperial I because I need to buy a NOS squeeze filler as it's the only thing that will fit it. Some of my college friends have started using or gone back to using fountain's this year, so I'm quite glad to think that I might have had some positive influence! I hate lending fountain pens though, the peasants always seem to bend the clips...
    Hey hey, You just made a friend.
    I like working on vintage pens, there's this NOVA that a professor gave me in year 10 and it always leaks but boy that pen write like a dream. It's fantabulous.
    Whenever someone uses a pen with lever filler system they always play with it get ink everywhere and they always somehow make the nib feel gritty? Somehow. Peasants, please go play with your with your bics. Vintage Watermans are oooh.

(Original post by rayestar)
    haha I'm flattered by all those great comments
    Do u write stories? I used to write stories online! But I'm kinda taking a break cos of my gcse
    I write stories every day my child. Everyday. 13 days to till the Biology exam. How are you feeling?

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everybody,
    Thanks for contributing to this amazing and wild subject of they instruments that we play to create the greatest things possible. I want to apologise for my poor writing skills as typing is bloody hard! It takes me around 4 minutes for a line: so hard and stupid. I wish this was paper.
    Anyhow: thank you, everyone for being awe inspiring!

ReputationRep:
    I write stories every day my child. Everyday. 13 days to till the Biology exam. How are you feeling?
    for some reason, u remind me of a girl in my skl haha
    do u do AQA too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dawg_Money_2)
    Hello Everybody,
    Thanks for contributing to this amazing and wild subject of they instruments that we play to create the greatest things possible. I want to apologise for my poor writing skills as typing is bloody hard! It takes me around 4 minutes for a line: so hard and stupid. I wish this was paper.
    Anyhow: thank you, everyone for being awe inspiring!
    np XD

ReputationRep:
    Hey hey, You just made a friend.
    I like working on vintage pens, there's this NOVA that a professor gave me in year 10 and it always leaks but boy that pen write like a dream. It's fantabulous.
    Whenever someone uses a pen with lever filler system they always play with it get ink everywhere and they always somehow make the nib feel gritty? Somehow. Peasants, please go play with your with your bics. Vintage Watermans are oooh.
    Woooop, I'm always up for friends. I remember what friends are. I think I read something about friends once. What's a friend?

They're beautiful, I've never seen a lever fill pen like that in the plastic but they're pretty. Is the lever not prone to being unintentionally adjusted, in transit perhaps? I think the gritty nib is when people push down hard and get bits of paper in the nib, I found something similar happens with poorly adjusted/damaged nibs because they're sharp.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.