Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would love if a character question on Slim came up this summer. I have a gut instinct that it will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryGCSE)
    Slim represents Steinbeck because Slim doesn't get caught up in the idea of the American Dream and Steinbeck is critical of the the American Dream believing it offers false hope.

Slim also isn't disrespectful to Curley's Wife, giving her attention and acknowledging her as "good looking" -- unlike the other ranch works -- so Steinbeck could believe that women don't deserve to be discriminated against.

Despite Slim being the "prince of the ranch", he is infact lonely, as seen when he plays Solitaire (a game for one). This emphasises the exteme loneliness experienced during the Great Depression, no matter where you stand in the social heirarchy.
    . Thanks so much

ReputationRep:
    You've made some absolutely banging points, these are a great help to my revision
    cheers mate

ReputationRep:
    Exam in 5 days

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else worried about approaching the questions ? Haha.. i've been drilled to follow the P.E.E {Point, Evidence-quote, Explain} but they don't seem to do much good now x.x
    Doing OMAM
    Also, thank you all for the predictions as to which questions may come up !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afdah)
    Anybody else worried about approaching the questions ? Haha.. i've been drilled to follow the P.E.E {Point, Evidence-quote, Explain} but they don't seem to do much good now x.x
    Doing OMAM
    Also, thank you all for the predictions as to which questions may come up !!
    Good luck. All the best! We can do this!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am doing OMAM, AIC AND HEROES anyone know what will come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmagcse2016)
    I'm studying the exact same literature texts and my teacher usually predicts correctly the themes and characters which might come up.
    For omom, we are predicting a George and Lennie (friendship) essay or possibly a slim essay (possibly linked to the theme of justice or violence).
    For a Christmas Carol, we have predicted something along the lines of christmas and religion .
    For blood brothers, we have a feelings that there might be a possible question on the narrator or sammy or the theme of Marilyn Monroe.

For your writing exam, I think there might be formal letter and an informal letter. There hasn't be an informal letter for a few years, I think. There is always a formal writing task in this exam, so a report could also be a possibility.

Hope this can be of some help.
    Do you not think curleys wife will not come up, it hasn't come up for a while?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erh12345)
    Do you not think curleys wife will not come up, it hasn't come up for a while?
    I have a feeling that it might come up and a question of how women are presented in the novella

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think it was said earlier on the thread that a question on CW came up on the January resit paper - so a question on her alone may not come up - but it was said that how women are presented in the novella {aunt clara, women in the cathouse, CW} may come up, if that helps??

ReputationRep:
    My predictions are
    OMAM: George, Slim, Curley,Curley's Wife
    LOTF: Jack, Simon, Samneric
    BB: maybe Sammy but idk about anything else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jade_on_tsr)
    My predictions are
    OMAM: George, Slim, Curley,Curley's Wife
    LOTF: Jack, Simon, Samneric
    BB: maybe Sammy but idk about anything else
    I think a question on the narrator in blood brothers will come up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willls)
    Does anyone have an idea of what will come up for Unit 2? (Lord of the flies & A View from the Bridge)
    simon or jack for LOTF
    Beatrice or eddie for AVFTB

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for Heroes/AIC essays? Which character came up in the January paper this year in OMAM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekahhiggins)
    Any predictions for Heroes/AIC essays? Which character came up in the January paper this year in OMAM?
    Curley's Wife and Carlson, i believe

Anyone here doing Under Milk Wood ? Any revision tips/predictions for questions ?

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody doing TKAM and can suggest how I can revise for it? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think Lennie will come up or definitely not?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me with tkamb key revision tips and does anyone know the prediction for the essay question for tkamb? Please help

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any predictions for avftb, to kill a mockingbird or pride and prejudice for monday and friday next week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TracyEmu)
    I think a question on the narrator in blood brothers will come up!
    Hmmmmm maybe, it would be a very nice question if so

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.