I'd like something about symbols of non-conformity/ sympathy from
The reader
Original post by eliv1998
I'd like something about symbols of non-conformity/ sympathy from
The reader

Yeah that would be nice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Does anyone have any ideas what you could write about for the Ant-Hero?? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!!! :smile:
Original post by eliv1998
Didn't find the test too bad! Thought death was definitely coming up this year so focused on it when I wa revising. I quite liked the tragedy question. It's been handier than most of the ones previously asked

I didn't include Antigone in my answer and everyone else did. I'm panicking soooo much. I just focused on Creon and Lear as the tragic hereos. How many marks do you think i've lost?
Reply 44
Is anyone doing catcher/scarlet letter? Does anyone have any sample essays also. Or notes on hero & novel of social criticism. Really panicking:frown:
Original post by th_lauren
Is anyone doing catcher/scarlet letter? Does anyone have any sample essays also. Or notes on hero & novel of social criticism. Really panicking:frown:

For catcher check out John Greene's crash course he has a lot of symbols of non conformity, like the hotel, his hunting cap, his attitudes towards institutions, his alienation, his vocal criticism of the media and movies, the red scare and lots more. I don't do the scarlet letter sorry :frown: But for a question on Heroics you could talk about Holden's quest to save the innocent children, his want to hold back time and remain a child (pardon the pun), his attitude about others and his interactions with his peers (fight with straddler etc)
I didn't include Antigone in my answer and everyone else did. I'm panicking soooo much. I just focused on Creon and Lear as the tragic hereos. How many marks do you think i've lost? Please someone answer I'm freaking out right now
Original post by wee.sammie
I didn't include Antigone in my answer and everyone else did. I'm panicking soooo much. I just focused on Creon and Lear as the tragic hereos. How many marks do you think i've lost? Please someone answer I'm freaking out right now

I've done the same? As long as you included lear and creon you should be grand- you could have included antigone but i think lear vs creon is the main argument- everybody in my class did the same as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg thank you so much. My like future depends on that paper haha i really didn't want to mess it up. Did you say that it was more than just powerlessness?
Omg thank you so much. My like future depends on that paper haha i really didn't want to mess it up. Did you say that it was more than just powerlessness?

Also would antigone be a tragic heroine instead of hero which was the way q was worded? Lol sames, we have tomorrow as well! :smile: I said that lear and creon move from being powerful to having powerfulness and because lear experiences his peripeteia before creon we can empathise with him more readily... i also argued that creon may not be a complete tragic hero unlike lear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mollyql_27
Also would antigone be a tragic heroine instead of hero which was the way q was worded? Lol sames, we have tomorrow as well! :smile: I said that lear and creon move from being powerful to having powerfulness and because lear experiences his peripeteia before creon we can empathise with him more readily... i also argued that creon may not be a complete tragic hero unlike lear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh god i'm so nervous about tomorrow haha. What do you reckon will come up for Butcher boy? Yeah i said something along those lines too, that they have elevated status in the beginning and that they moved to being powerless due to their hamartia. I didn't explicitly say the KT "more than" in reference to the "only" powerlessness so i'm hoping they won't take too many marks off.
Oh god i'm so nervous about tomorrow haha. What do you reckon will come up for Butcher boy? Yeah i said something along those lines too, that they have elevated status in the beginning and that they moved to being powerless due to their hamartia. I didn't explicitly say the KT "more than" in reference to the "only" powerlessness so i'm hoping they won't take too many marks off.

I honestly think that the main KTs would be powerlessness/tragic hero (my teacher said weaker candidates would just focus on one of those) and it isn't the main AO anyway... she marks lear/thebes so i might ask her tomorrow and see what she says. I'm honestly not too worried about butcher boy, not sure what would come up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Does anyone have predictions for Jane Eyre and the Color Purple?
Good luck for tomorrow guys!!!
What did you think of the exam? I thought the Butcher Boy was great but i'm pretty sure i messed up scarlett letter/catcher in the rye. What did you guys argue for it?
What did you think of the exam? I thought the Butcher Boy was great but i'm pretty sure i messed up scarlett letter/catcher in the rye. What did you guys argue for it?

Yeah butcher boy was fab :smile: i had catcher/outsider...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mollyql_27
Yeah butcher boy was fab :smile: i had catcher/outsider...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you disagree with the statement?
Did you disagree with the statement?

Yes I did- did you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest