Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will you be voting in today's local elections? Watch

• View Poll Results: Will you be voting in the elections today?
    Yes I will/have
    40.63%
    No I won't
    25.57%
    I'm not eligible to vote
    33.81%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    I don't see how my voting based on a quick perusal of one website could really bring anything of value to the whole affair :dontknow:
    I know what you mean. The whole PCC thing is a bit farcical really. It's very hard to summon up any will to be involved to the point of voting in it and I'm someone who takes voting very seriously. I don't just want to vote along party lines for it, I want to know what they PCC really does and what the candidates bring to it.

(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Governments ignore us and our interests (under 30s) because we don't vote in large numbers.
    Not long until you're in the privileged older demographics shafting the rest of us, so don't get too uppity about youth turnout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Not long until you're in the privileged older demographics shafting the rest of us, so don't get too uppity about youth turnout.
    Heh! I'm not thaat old!

On a different subject, Jeremy has been to the polls.

Just voted. Turned 18 on the 30th April so this was my first ever vote!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I voted just before my driving lesson at 1pm. I used both my votes on SNP.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I voted just before my driving lesson at 1pm. I used both my votes on SNP.
    As an English voter, I'm incredibly jealous of you scots being able to vote SNP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Move to Scotland if you are so jealous

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by paul514)
    Move to Scotland if you are so jealous

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When my university is in Manchester. Great suggestion :yy:

I don't quite get the sentiment of people who not only think, as many Scots do, that the traditional parties are corrupt and take them for granted, and that the SNP should therefore receive their votes for being the party they least dislike, but actually wish that they could have an SNP-type party in government where they live, too.

ReputationRep:
    I did its my first vote

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    I don't quite get the sentiment of people who not only think, as many Scots do, that the traditional parties are corrupt and take them for granted, and that the SNP should therefore receive their votes for being the party they least dislike, but actually wish that they could have an SNP-type party in government where they live, too.
    It's more they actually stand up for the people they're representing and stand up for the working class; whereas in my humble opinion, that can't be said for any of the traditional parties

ReputationRep:
    They're a waste of time.

It's more they actually stand up for the people they're representing and stand up for the working class; whereas in my humble opinion, that can't be said for any of the traditional parties
    I agree with the latter, but I don't think the SNP are any different. They seem more than willing to ignore the electorate when it conflicts with their main ideological goal of secession.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps, perhaps not.

I can tell you this the snp are finally starting to be taken to task for their policies and not just their rhetoric as has been the case so far.

Andrew marr made one of them look a right div over their education record over the last 9 years

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just vote Labour then, they are in the pockets of the SNP and would enact SNP polices in the UK. According to David Cameron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    Is there any point in voting for a minority candidate first?
    Nope

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.