Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR GCSE Maths B (J567) Official Thread May 26th 2016 (Non-Calc) Watch

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find this exam?

ReputationRep:
    For the question where you had to turn the two fractions into one fraction in its simplest form what did we get? I can't remember the question exactly

ReputationRep:
    any chance anyone remembers what the first 5 pages were about and the last 5???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dRaGoN2509)
    Hi guys! I decided to make a thread for the upcoming Maths exam.

Some useful revision links:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...yV0mu1W35t33KL
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...JkxiKDR7bU3t8M
    http://www.m4ths.com/gcse-videos-higherfoundation.html

Past papers: http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications...567-from-2012/

Feel free to discuss anything about the exam below.
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme yet 😁 I thought it went so bad today so want to see how I did

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people from my school found the exam hard, so hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower than last year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnUbIs2016)
    Got 2 pi for the last question.
    For the gradient one i got -1.5 and the intercept as 0.5,
    and for the point where the two lines cross i got (3, -4)
    For the running question i got 120 metres
    The graph equation i got (x-2)^2
    I got P as 6 (cube root of 2^p = 4)
    K as -4 on the indices question
    Pocket money as 7.50
    For the cumulative frequency table i got false(?) true , false
    For the area of my triangle i got 27(?)
    Voucher A by a few pounds
    I got pretty much the same as you aside from P as 5 and True, True, False (I think)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcse2098)
    For the question where you had to turn the two fractions into one fraction in its simplest form what did we get? I can't remember the question exactly
    I got

9x+7
    ---------------
    (X+2) (X-3)

If I remember properly (the signs might be the wrong way round)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heardmanator)
    I got pretty much the same as you aside from P as 5 and True, True, False (I think)
    I am sure p was 6 but i could be wrong, most people i know got true, true, false (aside from me )

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me what the first 5 and last 5 pages in the paper were about question wise??

ReputationRep:
    1/118

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ksj9)
    can anyone tell me what the first 5 and last 5 pages in the paper were about question wise??
    The first page was the reflection and translation questions followed by the drawing your own triangle bits. Uh i think the next few questions were the simple expressions and then there was the voucher A/B question?

ReputationRep:
    I am sure p was 6 but i could be wrong, most people i know got true, true, false (aside from me )
    It probably was 6 haha! I'm a notorious idiot when it comes to maths exams. Some of my previous mistakes include 1.5+1.5=3.5 and 13-7 is 7. Sometimes I can't believe I'm predicted A*'s

ReputationRep:
    I got p as 6 aswell so if you do 2 to the power of 6 is 64 64 cube root is 4 so therefore p must be 6

ReputationRep:
    The first page was the reflection and translation questions followed by the drawing your own triangle bits. Uh i think the next few questions were the simple expressions and then there was the voucher A/B question?
    thank you, i can remember the first few but after page 11 i cant remember what came up so i am not sure how well i did overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ksj9;65211999[url="http://s.igmhb.com/click?v=R0I6MTE4ODMzOjk5NTA6dGhh bms6NWQyMmQzNmNiZWRjY2JiMTYzZDg4 NTUzMmU0MTVkYjA6ei0yNDQ5LTg3ODU4 NTAzOnd3dy50aGVzdHVkZW50cm9vbS5j by51azozMzk4MjE6MDplM2YxNTc3MjNh Mjc0N2RiODAxZDYzYTcxMzlmNjM4OTox OmRhdGFfc3MsMTMzN3gyNTYwO2RhdGFf cmMsMTtkYXRhX2ZiLG5vOzo1MjQ2NDU1 OnZ3b3B0LDA&subid=g-87858503-9d1d1fa5d1194b6abc75791501497e3b-&data_ss=1337x2560&data_rc=1&dat a_fb=no&data_tagname=A&data_ct=l ink_only&data_clickel=link&data_ sid=e71421d6da5fd77363e9bd9589b3 fda3")
    thank[/url] you, i can remember the first few but after page 11 i cant remember what came up so i am not sure how well i did overall.
    I the last question was the length of the arc, and there was a couple of surds and a solve by factorising question above the write as a single fraction question. There were also histogram, probability and vector questions

ReputationRep:
    I the last question was the length of the arc, and there was a couple of surds and a solve by factorising question above the write as a single fraction question. There were also histogram, probability and vector questions
    yes thats it, thank you. i am just waiting until someone creates a mark scheme so i know how i have done, anyone got one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heardmanator)
    I got

9x+7
    ---------------
    (X+2) (X-3)

If I remember properly (the signs might be the wrong way round)
    Ah good that's what I got too!

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys put for the estimate the red and blue counters.
    I put 120 for red counters and 80 for blue counters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayb0ss)
    What did you guys put for the estimate the red and blue counters.
    I put 120 for red counters and 80 for blue counters
    i think i put 115 and 85 or something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h_wxller1)
    i think i put 115 and 85 or something like that
    Would it be marked according to certain values or ranges?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.