Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    You were the obvious one I had pinned down. Nigel, Neb, Aph and Hazzer were all possibilities. I think I'm correct in saying Neb and Hazzer aren't standing, I'm not sure about Aph, and I believe Nigel is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know someone in the Labour Party who is definitely standing but I will let them reveal themself when they are ready.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by adam9317)
    I am pleased to hereby be announcing my intention to stand for speaker of our house in this election!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I am pleased to hereby be announcing my intention to stand for speaker of our house in this election!
    better you than ol' nige!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I know someone in the Labour Party who is definitely standing but I will let them reveal themself when they are ready.
    Ray will get my vote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    To be fair, I admit it's something that I used to care about. When all the UKIP stuff happened though, it made me realise that it isn't important and it's a pretty stupid thing to be bothered about. I continue now because I enjoy being Deputy Speaker. When the day comes that I don't, that is when I'll step down.
    So you do enjoy being Deputy Speaker, which is occasionally doing the boring part of the Speaker's job (just sending updates), yet you believe the House needs a youngster to drive it forward as the Speaker? I'd expect it to be vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    Even though the MEU under your supervision sucks (and that's putting it mildly)? I must say I'm surprised by your self-confidence!
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    So you do enjoy being Deputy Speaker, which is occasionally doing the boring part of the Speaker's job (just sending updates), yet you believe the House needs a youngster to drive it forward as the Speaker? I'd expect it to be vice versa.
    To be honest, I see the Deputy Speaker role as advising the Speaker and supporting him or her as best they can. The Speaker though is very much the person who has the ideas and drives the House forward in my experience - newer members have far fresher perspectives on this House than I do and are better suited to that aspect of the Speakership.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Even though the MEU under your supervision sucks (and that's putting it mildly)? I must say I'm surprised by your self-confidence!
    The current sticking point is that the private sub forums or user groups are being held up by the powers above that be; but I am continuing to push!
    But I must say, we aren't creating our MHOC from scratch, we are building upon the 10 years of history and progress to make this house even better!

ReputationRep:
    I'm fine thanks and yeah still drama, but it's what gives this place its character and it's lured you back I see
    Aye, I still find myself checking in from time to time when there's changes to the Speakership. I like to see that it is in safe hands! I was going to look in on TSR Labour too, but I see I'm not a member anymore.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I see the Deputy Speaker role as advising the Speaker and supporting him or her as best they can. The Speaker though is very much the person who has the ideas and drives the House forward in my experience - newer members have far fresher perspectives on this House than I do and are better suited to that aspect of the Speakership.
    Ah, so you enjoy whispering in the Speaker's ear, correct? That is something I can respect, actually, but I still think it's been too long and someone else should be given the chance to have a go without having to VoNC you first.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    Aye, I still find myself checking in from time to time when there's changes to the Speakership. I like to see that it is in safe hands! I was going to look in on TSR Labour too, but I see I'm not a member anymore.
    You could always rejoin the House and any party of your choosing.......
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    They had a mass clear-out after Saoirse had a dupe in my party (The Liberals)
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    toronto353 - in your final post in your Statement which you have now redirected here, what was your motivation behind not finishing the sentence with a full stop?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I believe you are correct!

UKIP appears to be a great starting place for future promotions within the house!
    I'll have you know the Liberals have had some great Speakers (I'm claiming Jarred too as he was a member of us last )

ReputationRep:
    I'll have you know the Liberals have had some great Speakers (I'm claiming Jarred too as he was a member of us last )
    Promotions from right across the house!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    toronto353 - in your final post in your Statement which you have now redirected here, what was your motivation behind not finishing the sentence with a full stop?
    What was your motivation behind not starting this post with a capital letter or putting a comma after 'Statement'?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Little bit of laziness mixed with some trolling y'all

ReputationRep:
    They had a mass clear-out after Saoirse had a dupe in my party (The Liberals)
    Ah okay, thanks.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    What was your motivation behind not starting this post with a capital letter or putting a comma after 'Statement'?
    I was trying to emulate other members of this House. At least I know I have succeeded! I was wondering whether toronto's motivations were the same!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Little bit of laziness mixed with some trolling y'all
    Damn, was hoping it was going to be like my post just above!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.