Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Juno)
    I wasn't sure if you were asking a question as a test, or wanted clarification on a point you didn't know
    Ohhh, nah, I passed my theory and practical over 3 years ago :lol:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Visibility must be seriously reduced to 100m or less
    You're still driving along the motorway in thick fog. You notice the cats eyes to the right of you are red. What do you do?
    I'll give you options coz I'm nice.
    Stay in lane and continue on your journey
    Move one lane to the left
    Move one lane to the right
    Exit at the next junction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You're still driving along the motorway in thick fog. You notice the cats eyes to the right of you are red. What do you do?
    I'll give you options coz I'm nice.
    Stay in lane and continue on your journey
    Move one lane to the left
    Move one lane to the right
    Exit at the next junction
    Stay in lane and continue your journey.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Stay in lane and continue your journey.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Why?
    Oh wait, I'm confused now

The red cats eyes are always on the left, so how can they be on the right of you?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Oh wait, I'm confused now

The red cats eyes are always on the left, so how can they be on the right of you?
    That's what you're supposed to figure out!

The red cats eyes are on the leftt of the road, to show the hard shoulder. So if they're on your right it means you're on the hard shoulder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    That's what you're supposed to figure out!

The red cats eyes are on the leftt of the road, to show the hard shoulder. So if they're on your right it means you're on the hard shoulder
    Omg I knew that as well. I don't know why I panicked! Give me another one no more mistakes I promise
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Omg I knew that as well. I don't know why I panicked! Give me another one no more mistakes I promise
    I can't think of another one and I don't know where my highway code is. It used to be on my bedside table but isn't now.

You are parked at night on a road (as in not a car park, lay-by or other such thing). The speed limit on said road is 40mph. What must you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I can't think of another one and I don't know where my highway code is. It used to be on my bedside table but isn't now.

You are parked at night on a road (as in not a car park, lay-by or other such thing). The speed limit on said road is 40mph. What must you do?
    put your parking lights on
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    put your parking lights on
    And name 3 places you cannot park, ie 3 things that would mean you can't park there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    And name 3 places you cannot park, ie 3 things that would mean you can't park there
    In this scenario or in general? Actually, I don't think the answer is any different lol.

Double yellow, those zig zag lines and disabled parking spaces?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    In this scenario or in general? Actually, I don't think the answer is any different lol.

Double yellow, those zig zag lines and disabled parking spaces?
    Yeah, there's hundreds of places you can't park. Brow of a hill is a good one to remember.

What is the closest you can park to a junction?
    Can you stop on double yellow lines to set down passengers?
    When can you leave the engine running when parked?
    What should you do when parking a manual car facing downhill?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Yeah, there's hundreds of places you can't park. Brow of a hill is a good one to remember.
    That is a good one, I've seen it come up in some mocks. Brow of a hill, noted!

What is the closest you can park to a junction?
    At least 10m
    Can you stop on double yellow lines to set down passengers?
    I'm going to say no. I believe you can only pick up and set down passengers on a single yellow line.
    When can you leave the engine running when parked?
    Never
    What should you do when parking a manual car facing downhill?
    Tough one
    I'm going to say turn the steering wheel towards the curb
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    That is a good one, I've seen it come up in some mocks. Brow of a hill, noted!

At least 10m

I'm going to say no. I believe you can only pick up and set down passengers on a single yellow line.

Never

Tough one
    I'm going to say turn the steering wheel towards the curb
    You can stop on double yellow lines to load or unload, which includes passengers, as long as there are no other markings (yellow lines on the kerb) or signs that tell you not to.

I specified manual car for a reason :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You can stop on double yellow lines to load or unload, which includes passengers, as long as there are no other markings (yellow lines on the kerb) or signs that tell you not to.

I specified manual car for a reason :p:
    I guess I need to revise much more than I anticipated

ReputationRep:
    I believe the second is end of dual carriageway. I'm also preparing for my theory even though it's ages away
    Have you got the £4.99 app?

(Original post by Juno)
    You're still driving along the motorway in thick fog. You notice the cats eyes to the right of you are red. What do you do?I'll give you options coz I'm nice.Stay in lane and continue on your journeyMove one lane to the leftMove one lane to the rightExit at the next junction
    Was the answer move one lane to the right?

(Original post by Juno)
    You can stop on double yellow lines to load or unload, which includes passengers, as long as there are no other markings (yellow lines on the kerb) or signs that tell you not to. I specified manual car for a reason
    I think cherry forgot to add to put the handbrake on as well as steering towards the curb?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I guess I need to revise much more than I anticipated
    Tbh, while it's good to know these things, a lot of her questions aren't going to come up in the theory test
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Tbh, while it's good to know these things, a lot of her questions aren't going to come up in the theory test
    I got one of the questions in my most recent test :sad:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Juno)
    I got one of the questions in my most recent test :sad:
    Not saying none of them will come up Just some definitely won't. Still good to know these things though, no good finding out once you've passed and then you come across signs or situations that you have no idea of the ruling on :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    Have you got the £4.99 app?

Was the answer move one lane to the right?

I think cherry forgot to add to put the handbrake on as well as steering towards the curb?
    Damn, handbrake! I knew that

And yes I have the app!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.