Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Have you forgot the work I was doing last term as energy sec?
    Increasing bills via expensive power production

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Increasing bills via expensive power production

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Increased the countries energy capacity by over 25%, invested in nuclear energy, and allowed Seimens to invest £1bn into our economy by building 25k offshore wind turbines.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Increased the countries energy capacity by over 25%, invested in nuclear energy, and allowed Seimens to invest £1bn into our economy by building 25k offshore wind turbines.
    I see you're not letting go of your delusions even when the numbers don't add up, I suppose you did manage to stop short of North Korea, claiming fusion and perpetual motion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hell no.

Also formatting!

ReputationRep:
    A strong nay from me. The way to encourage use of energy sources we like is not to ban the others, but to make the ones we do like more efficient. If you wish to do something about fracking, do research into the externalities created and implement an appropriate tax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    I agree with Nigel Farage though, might want to increase the fine
    Individuals such as directors can be convicted- perhaps in a second reading this can be made clearer. I am aware of the difficulties of the controlling mind in health and safety legislation, so will word accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Individuals such as directors can be convicted- perhaps in a second reading this can be made clearer. I am aware of the difficulties of the controlling mind in health and safety legislation, so will word accordingly.
    I would oppose this very, very, very, very bloody strongly in this case! The separate legal personality of the corporation is the foundation of much of British commercial law, and without it, doing business in the UK and therefore paying UK taxes would be significantly less attractive for many. The cases in which piercing the corporate veil are few and relatively well-defined - adding a vague extra one would possibly risk causing a double-digit GBP contraction.

For some environmental nonsense? Sorry, but I think not!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...cking-protest/

“Celebrities from London trespassing on a Lancashire farmer's land, whilst lecturing us on where the UK should get our natural gas from is beyond ridiculous.” — Francis Egan, Cuadrilla chief executive

Regardless of my opinion on fracking itself, that's one fine opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Nay, fracking is a perfectly acceptable way to keep fuel prices down whilst we research alternatives and transition to nuclear energy.

ReputationRep:
    Aye fracking is an unsafe and dangerous prictice which is not welcome in this country!
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    This has gone to a second reading

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.