Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellaatherz)
    Guarenteed to be hard, teacher at my school writes the exam and those were his own words
    your teacher writes the specimen qus?
    Or has written the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sgill23)
    your teacher writes the specimen qus?
    Or has written the exam?
    Both!

ReputationRep:
    Both!
    so do you think it'll be mainly calculation based and planning experiments rather than majority knowledge based?

ReputationRep:
    so do you think it'll be mainly calculation based and planning experiments rather than majority knowledge based?
    Yeh well they've specifically added more maths to the chemistry, but the knowledge will be put into the questions in addition so you have to know your stuff or you won't be able to work out the calculations, you need to be super specific with your knowledge and understand it throughly if that makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm stuffed then, I got a U on the specimen papers... 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeh well they've specifically added more maths to the chemistry, but the knowledge will be put into the questions in addition so you have to know your stuff or you won't be able to work out the calculations, you need to be super specific with your knowledge and understand it throughly if that makes sense?
    So is it generally similar in difficulty to the Teachers only specimen materials or more? (The specimen papers were easy so)

ReputationRep:
    What type of questions do you guys find difficult? I honestly only find the experiment planning stuff quite hard - the rest are pretty straightforward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemondtan)
    So is it generally similar in difficulty to the Teachers only specimen materials or more? (The specimen papers were easy so)
    Yeh I presume the same, obviously I don't know and haven't asked on comparison
    Grade boundaries should go down around 10% though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemondtan)
    Did anyone else do badly on the specimen papers or is that just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I presume the same, obviously I don't know and haven't asked on comparison
    Grade boundaries should go down around 10% though
    so what do you think the new grade boundaries will be? I don't know what it usually is for an A at AS level.... 80% normally for an A?

ReputationRep:
    so what do you think the new grade boundaries will be? I don't know what it usually is for an A at AS level.... 80% normally for an A?
    Yeh around 70/75% for an A

ReputationRep:
    Yeh around 70/75% for an A
    Then going like 10% down per grade boundary yeah?

ReputationRep:
    hiya. everyone hopes revision is going great. could anyone pease upload any specimen papers as i ve done the papers over and over again all of them.

ReputationRep:
    Guys is kinetics only paper 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neymar69)
    Guys is kinetics only paper 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, kinetics and all organic chemistry is in paper 2, not in paper 1
    Page 8 on the spec:
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...-2015-V1-1.PDF

ReputationRep:
    what practicals/ practical questions will we be asked and where can I revise this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mina_)
    Any good resources for the practicals required in paper 1 ?
    Hi I am also looking for resources to revise pratcials let me know if you find any please

ReputationRep:
    I've been told Kinetics is not on the first paper..??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boredom07)
    Yeah, kinetics and all organic chemistry is in paper 2, not in paper 1
    Page 8 on the spec:
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...-2015-V1-1.PDF
    Kinetics is paper 1, its physical chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mina_)
    Kinetics is paper 1, its physical chemistry
    If you look on the spec (page 7/8), the topics under paper one does not include section 3.1.5 which is kinetics.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.