Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    guys did anyone else find that exam awful? For the government intervention to Lake Navaisha what did people say, because I talked a bit about taxation but my answer was so rubbish...

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone here do the old spec for unit 1 econ??
    if so what was the answer to the first Q?(the one about opportunity costs)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somebodyelse98)
    guys did anyone else find that exam awful? For the government intervention to Lake Navaisha what did people say, because I talked a bit about taxation but my answer was so rubbish...
    was that question 10?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BIGBOI A)
    was that question 10?
    no don't think so this was on the new spec!

ReputationRep:
    I talked about putting a permit system in place where the quantity extracted would then be limited but I think taxation would have been a way better answer!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pingu17)
    I talked about putting a permit system in place where the quantity extracted would then be limited but I think taxation would have been a way better answer!!
    lot's of my friends said what you did, and included regulation and a quota system which made more sense to me looking back! but oh well - only 3 marks and have much bigger issues with the 15 mark one....

oh and the one on cross elasticity that i had no idea was even about XED...!!

ReputationRep:
    lot's of my friends said what you did, and included regulation and a quota system which made more sense to me looking back! but oh well - only 3 marks and have much bigger issues with the 15 mark one....

oh and the one on cross elasticity that i had no idea was even about XED...!!
    wait, there was a question about XED?????
    oops there goes a few more marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pingu17)
    wait, there was a question about XED?????
    oops there goes a few more marks
    yes apparently!! the help to buy scheme was a cross elasticity question as it asked about the effect on the RENTAL MARKET not the HOUSING MARKET.
    So i screwed that one up big time! didn't even read the question lol

ReputationRep:
    yes apparently!! the help to buy scheme was a cross elasticity question as it asked about the effect on the RENTAL MARKET not the HOUSING MARKET.
    Let us all hope for low grade boundaries...

ReputationRep:
    To me it didn't seem to make sense to use XED to answer that question. It mentioned a rise in demand for housing, which would lead to a price rise. Rental housing and purchased housing are substitutes, i.e. have positive XED, so that would suggest a rise in demand for rental housing. But it seems obvious that consumers are switching from renting to buying, and demand for rental housing is falling, which confused me.

ReputationRep:
    if so what was the answer to the first Q?(the one about opportunity costs)
    I put D altho not sure if that was right

ReputationRep:
    if so what was the answer to the first Qi ?(the one about opportunity costs)
    I put the one about economic growth output at W being greater or whatever.
    Do you remember what you put for the other multiple choice questions ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylanmann)
    I put the one about economic growth output at W being greater or whatever.
    Do you remember what you put for the other multiple choice questions ?
    I went through each question with my teacher after and she said that one was correct, I don't know the exact order but the last question was selling stock from its wheat pile, the only one I got incorrect was the one about the producer surplus as it was improvements in technology but I wrote about the flooding in brazil or somewhere

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.