The Student Room Group

Are refugees inherently bad people?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
I think he meant crab culture.

There's lots of crabs there right?

We've got beautiful beaches with plenty of crabs,he can come and explore the Middle East with me
Original post by tenzzzin
"2) They probably wouldn't risk being killed Many people have family to protect.
3) What do guns do against bombs from the sky?"

How is that not worth acknowledging? I understand that guerilla warfare can be incredibly effective but not everyone thinks as militantly as you do, nor would they necessarily want to leave their family behind to fight. That doesn't make them bad people.

But you completely ignoring my point against bombs? How is that not worth acknowledging?

What we can see from the most recent migrant crisis is that most of them have left their families behind. The majority of the migrants are men, young men.

Secondly who the **** tries to shoot a bomb?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by intelligent con
No but UKIP voters are

Stop feeding this dogma to impressionable people. You slander.

I say slander because you repeat "UKIP is bad" without actually substantiating (providing evidence for) your claims.

It's tactless.
Reply 43
Original post by DiddyDec

Secondly who the **** tries to shoot a bomb?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok you are stupid confirmed.

My point was that if whole towns are being bombed from the sky, what difference does it make whether people are willing to fight/ have guns? People are fleeing for their life against something they cannot fight.
Reply 44
Original post by Drunk Punx
It makes perfect sense. If I wake up one morning and there are soldiers storming the beach (I can see it from my house, in case you need a sense of how quickly it'd affect me. And no, I'm not up a hill), my first thought isn't going to be "grab the guns babe, it's going to be another one of those days. No, **** that, Imma scarper.

:lolwut:

The obvious thing would be to run to the local command post and be redirected to a military unit. You're not making serious arguments.

Call me a coward all you'd like, but I'd sooner be an alive coward than a dead statistic.

Calling you an emotional and incomplete thinker would be more appropriate.

Why would you assume that someone with medical qualifications and experience would end up serving falafel? :lolwut:

You confirm my suspicion. You are an incomplete thinker. Google medical licensing laws. It is nearly impossible for a Syrian doctor to be anything more than a falafel server in Europe.

So I'll ask you again: would you have any qualms about killing another human being?

I wouldn't be much of a man if I wasn't willing to do it for my country, or if need be to defend my family.
Reply 45
Original post by 41b
:lolwut:

The obvious thing would be to run to the local command post and be redirected to a military unit. You're not making serious arguments.

:dots:

Pretty sure when people refuge, it's in a situation where the army is against them as well.

If we're talking Syria as our current example, that's pretty much the case. You're not making serious arguments either way. This ain't a movie. You can't just "go to a military unit lol" and start fighting as though there was some clear cut good and bad side. In the case of Syria, the war was originally against the military in of itself, before escalating into a war agains one of the rebel groups as well. This isn't a nazi invasion scenario where you then pick up arms and fight the bad guys...you don't even know WHO you're fighting. Are you fighting Assad's brutal dictatorship?? Are you fighting ISIS's radicalism?? Where even is law and actual...you know...order. Welcome to not-Europe! :')

Your idea is far too utopian and childish. I can understand criticism of the cowardly nature of some of the refugees, or maybe the prospect of refugees bringing in problems, but to think they can just "fight" shows a clear lack of understanding of how any of this works.
Very few? 3.4 million is more than a few.

Guerilla warfare is a very strong tactic when done right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great, an army of Hooray Henries and potbellied farmers wielding break action shotguns loaded with birdshot. I wouldn't much fancy our chances.
Original post by Captain Haddock
Great, an army of Hooray Henries and potbellied farmers wielding break action shotguns loaded with birdshot. I wouldn't much fancy our chances.

You forget the bolt action rifles.
I don't think they should be sent back. It's not their fault that the leaders of their country are involved in a war. They didn't personally start it so why should they be forced to fight in it?
You forget the bolt action rifles.

Nah I just decided not to go with it because putting 'bolt actions rifles' next to 'break action shotguns' made the sentence sound bad due to the repetition of the word 'action'.
:rolleyes: Ridiculous question
Original post by childofthesun
Ha so my post gets deleted while this disgusting thread continues

Lmao what was upsetting about what you said? I only saw because someone quoted it :\
Original post by Captain Haddock
Nah I just decided not to go with it because putting 'bolt actions rifles' next to 'break action shotguns' made the sentence sound bad due to the repetition of the word 'action'.

You could have simply gone with "shotguns and bolt action rifles". Also they aren't break action shotguns, they are break barrel.
'inherently bad' for fleeing war/ wanting a better financial situation? no. Im sure if we were in their position we would do the same.

However many are bad unfortunately.
Reply 54
Original post by shaafay
:dots:

Pretty sure when people refuge, it's in a situation where the army is against them as well.

If we're talking Syria as our current example, that's pretty much the case. You're not making serious arguments either way. This ain't a movie. You can't just "go to a military unit lol" and start fighting as though there was some clear cut good and bad side. In the case of Syria, the war was originally against the military in of itself, before escalating into a war agains one of the rebel groups as well. This isn't a nazi invasion scenario where you then pick up arms and fight the bad guys...you don't even know WHO you're fighting. Are you fighting Assad's brutal dictatorship?? Are you fighting ISIS's radicalism?? Where even is law and actual...you know...order. Welcome to not-Europe! :':wink:

Your idea is far too utopian and childish. I can understand criticism of the cowardly nature of some of the refugees, or maybe the prospect of refugees bringing in problems, but to think they can just "fight" shows a clear lack of understanding of how any of this works.

Semantics are boring.

Most unbiased and informed observers see the Syrian conflict as a proxy war between Russia and Iran backing the historical government and the USA, Europe and Saudi Arabia backing Al-Q and ISIS, in a conflict over gas fields and pipelines. There is obviously a good and bad side here.

Considering the fact that Syria has basically been attacked by foreign funded mercenaries fighting a geostrategic proxy war, local citizens should be more the willing to defend their country. Most wars in the last 50 years have followed this pattern: Syria is mostly not a special case and most refugees have run away from similar circumstances. The fact that they are running away would, and has, lead many to believe that they are just looking for a payout.

As for ability to fight, a Chinese Kalashnikov costs less than $300, and people fly from all over the world to fight for Assad or Isis/Al-Q. If it was so difficult for people to fight, thousands of untrained civilians from all over the world would not be signing up.

These people are thus fleeing foreign aggression against their country, so I ask again - do host countries benefit in any way from letting in men who are apparently betraying their society and leaving their women and children behind, who many consider unemployable and cowardly?
(edited 7 years ago)
You could have simply gone with "shotguns and bolt action rifles". Also they aren't break action shotguns, they are break barrel.

Nah still makes the sentence too clunky especially with the 'loaded with birdshot' part which I definitely wanted to keep in there. Also, they are both.
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
Are all british people racist scum?

Nah just you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 41b

If it is a man who flees, he should capable of fighting until his late 40s. Should countries accept people who are unwilling to fight even to defend their own community? Is letting people who many would considers cowards into the country a good policy? What kind of value will such people add to the host country? Do countries owe anything to people whom the countries of origin (and most honourable people) would regard as cowards and deserters?

Get off my planet.
Hand to heart least racist person youll ever meet
No.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending