Welcome Squad
    (Original post by RobML)
    Oh, I thought you were talking about Rhythmical lmao
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Oh, hahaha. No, me and Rhythmical have no problems
    Aww guys I didn't realise I was the topic of conversation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Hindus don't have a strict rule like Muslims about marrying into their own religion. So if he wanted to he could get married to a Hindu and they could both keep their own faiths.
    Isn't that right, nucdev?
    Yep, that's correct. In fact, there's the prerequisite that neither side should be forced or subconsciously prodded into changing their faith.
    Any restriction is usually due to the family rather than the Shruti (Hindu authoritative scriptures).

(Original post by SeanFM)
    :hmmmm2: you are most likely right, I am terrible at researching things! :hide: no one better to ask than Nucdev bhai.
    Lmfao I'm glad you are truly embracing that inner Indian-ness of yours with the use of "bhai" :rofl:
    Might actually have to make you another member of the family :toofunny:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by nucdev)
    Yep, that's correct. In fact, there's the prerequisite that neither side should be forced or subconsciously prodded into changing their faith.
    Any restriction is usually due to the family rather than the Shruti (Hindu authoritative scriptures).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interf...riage#Hinduism

This is where I got the impression from in case you think I was being silly (which I was anyway, but there you go :lol:)

According to varna, marriage is between two individuals of the same varna. Ancient Hindu literature identified four varnas, or castes: Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Vaishyas and Shudras. Since caste is acquired at birth, Hinduism does not accept interfaith marriage. According to the Manu Smriti, partners in an inter-caste marriage should be shunned. Rural India, which is mainly conservative, follows this rule but Hindus in cities and foreign countries have accepted inter-caste marriage (although Indians living abroad have the lowest exogamy rate). Hindus who fall outside the four castes usually marry within their community for social reasons. This is the only category of people in Hinduism who are allowed to have interfaith marriage if the spouse has a "purification" ceremony
    :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    The chances are Sir Richard is the OP begging it to himself on another account.... the sad reality we live in when people like this exist

ReputationRep:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interf...riage#Hinduism

This is where I got the impression from in case you think I was being silly (which I was anyway, but there you go :lol:)

:getmecoat:
    Yeah I have read that before, but it's so full of mistakes it would take me forever to address it :lol:
    I see it's not even sourced for a start :unimpressed:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by nucdev)
    Yeah I have read that before, but it's so full of mistakes it would take me forever to address it :lol:
    I see it's not even sourced for a start :unimpressed:
    :rofl: fairs, I will bow to your wisdom on this one. After all, I am really an east asian chap at heart :adore:

Bloody wikipedia :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: fairs, I will bow to your wisdom on this one. After all, I am really an east asian chap at heart :adore:

Bloody wikipedia :rolleyes:
    :rofl:

I did read the previous versions of that section which did seem a bit more accurate though. Some eeeeeediot changed it to something chock full of errors :toofunny:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Sanaz94)
    As the title says, I'm Indian and I like a White guy. He's Portuguese, if it makes any difference. I met him at work, and he treats me well, but my question is, are they attracted to Indian girls? Share your experiences!
    Some do, some don't

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The only reason why I might be apprehensive about it might be jealousy from Indian guys. Some of them are extremely pretty but, I dunno if it being out in the open is such a good idea. If it was in a mainly white area then I'd be all for it.

ReputationRep:
    As the title says, I'm Indian and I like a White guy. He's Portuguese, if it makes any difference. I met him at work, and he treats me well, but my question is, are they attracted to Indian girls? Share your experiences!
    I don't find them attractive.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    The trouble is if the girl aint a ****, the parents usually are...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do. In fact my relationship with my Indian better half is the best I've ever had. She is modest, intelligent, classy and she's just a lovely person. She actually cares. I can see a future with her. She has good values and she's so down to earth. She absolutely worships me with affection, couldn't be any happier at the moment. Only issue is her family :/. MrsSheldonCooper PMED you, not sure if its working :/. Dinner didn't go as planned.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.