Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am I a *****y person? watch

ReputationRep:
    Steer well clear of *****es like her.

(Original post by donutellme)
    Steer well clear of *****es like her.
    People are capable of change though right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Change doesn't mean anything unless a person redeems themselves.

But people like her are seriously not worth a dime. Save yourself a lot of trouble man.

My gf and I have been together for about 6 months.

After about a month and a half of "seeing" one another, she asked that we become exclusive, and things seemed to be going really well. Then, all of a sudden, she stopped messaging me completely for about 4 days.

Eventually, we met up and things went back to normal, better even. I was confused but decided to let it slide. This being my first relationship, I didn't openly discuss it with her, and didn't know how to act in response, so I simply gave her space and let her get back in contact.

After a good few weeks, she again went cold on me. We still messaged and hung out, but she was constantly on her phone and didn't seem bothered at all by my presence. I know I shouldn't have done, but I read some entries in her diary, as I was completely confused. Turns out that, in spite of asking that we become exclusive, she had kissed another guy for about an hour at a party, and was considering getting together with him and leaving me.

At this point, I asked whether she was actually into me, and told her that if she wasn't we could call it a day, no hard feelings. She claimed that we hadn't been in a formal relationship, and didn't think I was bothered - in fairness I wasn't putting in the effort in terms of messaging etc. But we had still agreed to be exclusive prior to this...

I now find it incredibly hard to trust her - particularly since she opened up about cheating on her last boyfriend and feeling no guilt for it. As a result, I have found myself checking her enties again, albeit only on occasion. In spite of things going really well, and her telling me, in the strongest terms, how much I mean to her, she has written a few times that she is afraid of cheating on me at upcoming festivals etc. In a way, I feel justified by doing this, considering her actions, but wonder whether it makes me a terrible person?
    If she's cheated on someone in the past and feels no remorse then just get rid of her dude! Doesn't sound like a stable relationship anyway...

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes the change is for the worse!

You could change by becoming less tolerant.

My dime of psychological wisdom...

(Original post by Maestosa)
    Wait, so why did you break up with her in the end? Is it that she admitted to cheating? Or you somehow found out?...
    Well, on the very night that I was driving 4 hours to her uni to visit, she forgot and went home with another guy. She then spent the entire night messaging him in front of me, saying how awkward things were, how **** the meal was, flirtying with him etc. Was pretty brutal really - only a few days after sending me a message saying, "I don't think you'll ever understand how much I love you; I think I actually need you - I miss your mind, body and soul" etc. We then ended it more or less mutually.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know you so can't really judge.

ReputationRep:
    Slit her throat

(Original post by DingleBerg69)
    Slit her throat
    Think she's that bad...?

ReputationRep:
    If she cheated and dumped you, why are you still pining for her?

She clearly couldn't care about you, just leave her alone and walk away.

It must be hard to hear, but she sounds like a *****, who has not respect for you at all.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 11, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.