Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you believe in Aliens? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you believe in Aliens?
    Yes
    60.43%
    No
    22.76%
    Politicians are aliens haha....no.
    16.81%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Even if alien bacterium were to evolve into an intelligent life form, I would still believe that humans are and will always be the most intelligent life for to have ever existed.
    No other species could come close to our advancement.
    As civilization grows older, we grow intelligent.
    An alien civilisation could have begun millions of years before ours began. They might have a significant head start on us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dontudare)
    Your opinions stupid. 'No there aren't aliens because god only made us because we're special!!'
    exactly your calling me dumb because I don't agree with your opinion lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    if so why haven't we discovered it them then?
    bc Einstein had a girlfriend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    An alien civilisation could have begun millions of years before ours began. They might have a significant head start on us.

But I believe in scientific evidence and proof.
    Theoretical science is cool, but one can only go so far with it.
    Laws of nature must still dictate on any living thing, so for example I do not believe that humanity can maintain itself for a million years as something had to give

ReputationRep:
    if so why haven't we discovered it them then?
    Because the percentage of the observable universe we've observed is miniscule and the vast majority of the universe is unobservable with current technology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    But I believe in scientific evidence and proof.
    Theoretical science is cool, but one can only go so far with it.
    Laws of nature must still dictate on any living thing, so for example I do not believe that humanity can maintain itself for a million years as something had to give
    Laws of nature do not dictate that civilization only lasts as long as ours so far has... so the possibility of them being more advanced is still open in regards to your reasoning

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's perfectly plausible given how big the universe is and how little we know about it. Maybe there aren't that many "intelligent" life forms out there but I do believe that there could be life out there for example I heard a theory about aliens on Saturn's moon Titan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godofwine)
    I believe that the Universe is some kind of experiment (or simulation) that is being run by a more advanced civilization. And that intelligent species across the Universe reach a certain point before they self-destruct. I think that when the Universe collapses in on itself in the distant future, it will reset itself, and that there will be another big bang.
    Basically hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes I believe in aliens, there are so many planets and systems out there I'm sure that there are other aliens/species out there both more advanced than we are but also some which are less advanced

ReputationRep:
    tyler oakley anyone???

ReputationRep:
    exactly your calling me dumb because I don't agree with your opinion lol
    You don't have an opinion. You are just being a parrot. You are using (without any logic or reason) your religion, which you most likely inherited and didn't decide to follow yourself / had a predisposition (because of your upbringing) to follow it, to answer whether there is intelligent life apart from what is on earth. You did not think once, you just said what you were supposed to say according to your religion. Congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    No. I believe in God though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I believe aliens exist. Firstly they're bound to exist and secondly, the aliens that exist probably aren't visible to the naked eye. And physics needs more updating. physics teacher drives me crazy sometimes lol. And I do believe in God.

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon they'd have willies though? Like chimpanzees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmileyVibe)
    No. I believe in God though.
    Maybe god is an alien tho

ReputationRep:
    There is bound to be some life out there somewhere. Are we ever likely to find it, especially intelligent life? No.

ReputationRep:
    We will never meet an intelligent life form from another planet.

It is highly likely that there is/was/will be another intelligent species somewhere in the Universe. But:

~ Humans have only existed for a fraction of our planet's life-supporting timeframe
    ~ We haven't even discovered basic alien life let alone intelligent
    ~ I believe FTL travel won't be possible so meeting them is out of the question even if they exist

And my favourite point:

~ Our intelligence/intrigue/technological developments is/are effectively a side-effect(s) of our evolutionary dominance so even highly intelligent alien life is unlikely to have the technology to communicate with us, whether contact is made or not.

ReputationRep:
    Mexican rapists? Sure.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    There is just no way that homeo sapiens are the only intelligent life forms in the universe. I honestly believe that UFOs have landed here on Earth. Take me to your leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by preetg97)
    Yeah, and I reckon they're a million times more intelligent than us
    I reckon you see too much fiction movies these days

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.