The Student Room Group

Energy drinks before exams

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ella_08
Do you think having an energy drink before an exam is a good idea? Does anyone do this? I'm thinking about trying it but I just don't want my energy to run out half way through. Obviously I'll have weetabix or a banana on top of it (;
I always have at least 2 energy drinks and it helps me concentrate more! Fuel up your body and you'll be ready to kick ass that exam 🙌🏻
Original post by z33
o then its not funny
yeh that's him
he had a lot of allegations made against him that he drugged some gurl by putting something in her drink

do u get it? no
okeh
can you show me out? where's the door?

Hahha im so slow at jokes , but i got it

High five
Original post by RezzBerry
True but 'text' language really pisses me off. There's a user on here who does it and its sooooooo annoying. Its probably more effort to think of what to write in 'text' form instead of just typing out the whole sentence.

People like to shorten their words in order to save time and make the process of typing easier -- especially if someone is using a phone to type. As long as the text is still legible, then who cares? Stop being so pretentious.
Original post by Someboady
Wb having energy drinks after an exam so that you can revise for the one you have the next day?

I was thinking about doing that, seems a smarter solution :cute:
Original post by Anonymous
I had a 2:10 exam yesterday and took an energy drink and I started to feel tired towards the last hour.

So I wouldn't advise it personally, but at the same time I think I felt tired during the exam because I didn't have any sleep the night before and I took the energy drink quite early in the morning, so it was wearing off by the time I finished my exam.

I will still take it for my other exams lol

ah right, seems like the spike only lasts for about an hour. In your circumstance maybe the energy drink saved you though.. at least for an hour. Hope your exam went well (:
I find a bottle of water with diluted sugar works wonders, especially in France where our exams are 4h long :biggrin:
Reply 46
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Hahha im so slow at jokes , but i got it

High five

:five: :biggrin:
Original post by Ella_08
ah right, seems like the spike only lasts for about an hour. In your circumstance maybe the energy drink saved you though.. at least for an hour. Hope your exam went well (:

Lasts more than an hour- I think it would be alright for an exam if you took it 10/15 minutes before, but it's up to you.

It did go well thanks. Good luck in yours :smile:
Reply 48
Lasts more than an hour- I think it would be alright for an exam if you took it 10/15 minutes before, but it's up to you.

Ugh anon again
Tbh, I would say that you could try taking an energy drink for a 1hr30min paper, and see how long you feel the effect is lasting, then you could try the energy drink for a 2hr paper. I don't think it will hinder your performance at all, and I think that it makes you feel a bit better, instead of a bit groggy in the morning. However, most of the messages on here seem to be very against energy drinks.

Might as well try it for one exam, maybe for one of the exams you are more confident about. Don't see much harm in trying that, in my opinion.

Spoiler

I'm not. People can type however they want, I just have a preference to type in full English. Using a phone is justifiable, ofc.
Original post by Ishan_2000
Tbh, I would say that you could try taking an energy drink for a 1hr30min paper, and see how long you feel the effect is lasting, then you could try the energy drink for a 2hr paper. I don't think it will hinder your performance at all, and I think that it makes you feel a bit better, instead of a bit groggy in the morning. However, most of the messages on here seem to be very against energy drinks.

Might as well try it for one exam, maybe for one of the exams you are more confident about. Don't see much harm in trying that, in my opinion.

Heyy Ishan!! I'm so so so sorry for not replying to ur messages, i haven't been ignoring you.. i've just been caught up in lots of stuff :/ :s-smilie: Yeah I think most people are against them and I understand that, but there are also lots of benefits of them that people haven't mentioned (only you :wink: ) I think I'll try it for my Geography exam maybe, it might make it more fun. Thanks for the suggestion.. hope you're ok and revision is going to plan (:

For me it doesn't - i guess it works differently on different people. Then you'd need the toilet.. I'd probably have it at home if it were a morning exam.
Happy it went well and thanku :smile:
Original post by Ella_08
Heyy Ishan!! I'm so so so sorry for not replying to ur messages, i haven't been ignoring you.. i've just been caught up in lots of stuff :/ :s-smilie: Yeah I think most people are against them and I understand that, but there are also lots of benefits of them that people haven't mentioned (only you :wink: ) I think I'll try it for my Geography exam maybe, it might make it more fun. Thanks for the suggestion.. hope you're ok and revision is going to plan (:

Hey Ella!! Don't worry about it at all! Ofc you are busy, we have GCSEs next week!! I know you aren't ignoring me, why would you, of all people, ever do that to me? :colondollar:

I love energy drinks! (not in an addictive, crazy way :wink: ) Yeah, they do have benefits for sure (I think :/ )

I'm doing well, feeling good ahead of (some) the subjects. Revision isn't really going to plan, to be honest. I haven't done enough R&P (Religion & Philosophy) revision, which is by far my weakest subject. But, I tell myself everyday that I will revise that tonight....let's see how that exam goes (it's on Monday :eek: )

Good luck for the GCSEs anyway, if we don't speak again soon. I do have a physics practical exam tomorrow, but my 'proper' exams start on Monday.
I wouldn't risk it. Excess caffeine can cause diarrhea, trapped winds and cramps and you don't want the runs in the middle of an exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Metrododo
I find a bottle of water with diluted sugar works wonders, especially in France where our exams are 4h long :biggrin:

interesting.. wow that's amazing. Not sure I'd like the taste tho hahah
Original post by Ishan_2000
Hey Ella!! Don't worry about it at all! Ofc you are busy, we have GCSEs next week!! I know you aren't ignoring me, why would you, of all people, ever do that to me? :colondollar:

I love energy drinks! (not in an addictive, crazy way :wink: ) Yeah, they do have benefits for sure (I think :/ )

I'm doing well, feeling good ahead of (some) the subjects. Revision isn't really going to plan, to be honest. I haven't done enough R&P (Religion & Philosophy) revision, which is by far my weakest subject. But, I tell myself everyday that I will revise that tonight....let's see how that exam goes (it's on Monday :eek: )

Good luck for the GCSEs anyway, if we don't speak again soon. I do have a physics practical exam tomorrow, but my 'proper' exams start on Monday.

Loool yeah exactly!! :tongue: I certainly wouldn't. They can be nice, I've only had one monster energy and I didn't like the taste, the only other ones I've had are the cheap freeway ones from Lidl... they're delicious.

Glad to hear it! I don't know how I feel, so many mixed emotions. I believe in you Ishan [; just keep going over it and it will be done by monday.
Thanks for the luck, in some aspects I will need it. All the same to you. My exams start on Tuesday (biology). I'll try to keep you updated :u:
Original post by TheGrammarGuru
How has no one mentioned Will from the Inbetweeners yet?
That's the first thing that came into my mind haha! :lol:
Reply 58
Original post by Ella_08
For me it doesn't - i guess it works differently on different people. Then you'd need the toilet.. I'd probably have it at home if it were a morning exam.
Happy it went well and thanku :smile:

I guess it depends on what energy drink you have and how much.
Yeah that could also be an issue.

You're welcome x
Original post by Ella_08
Loool yeah exactly!! :tongue: I certainly wouldn't. They can be nice, I've only had one monster energy and I didn't like the taste, the only other ones I've had are the cheap freeway ones from Lidl... they're delicious.

Glad to hear it! I don't know how I feel, so many mixed emotions. I believe in you Ishan [; just keep going over it and it will be done by monday.
Thanks for the luck, in some aspects I will need it. All the same to you. My exams start on Tuesday (biology). I'll try to keep you updated :u:

Haha, yeah. I have only had a Relentless, which was okay, I wouldn't recommend it though. :s-smilie:

I also have mixed emotions...yeah, it should all go as planned, I hope anyway. I think that after the first exam, we will all feel more confident and chilled out, if it goes well. I believe in you too Ella :wink:
I am also doing that Tuesday Biology paper, let's see how that goes. Yeah, I'll also try and keep you updated too, if I can.

Physics practical in less than 4 hours now.... :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending