Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Captain america civil war Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dheorl)
    Self absorbed Tony? The man who destroyed years of hard work and the things that were almost like his children just to try an improve his relationship with the woman who meant the world to him?

And sorry, but traumatic childhood? *cough* black widow =P

I guess perspective is everything. Both teams have people that rely on technology more than fighting skill (iron man, war machine, antman, falcon), but I think overall team iron man has more physical and mental prowess. Black Panther and Black Widow easily outclass the fighting skill of anyone on team Cp, and The Vision and Mr Stark have brains beyond to comprehension of half the other side. The Scarlet Witch is the only character on team Cp with any sort of real power, but is still just a product of what The Vision physically has in his head.
    Here we are debating which team dominates with their genuine physical and mental capabilities when it's not even about the members of the teams it's about what they stand and fight for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbyy1234)
    Maybe not quite the world but more damage than he did. Don't tell me pietro dying didn't upset you though!?
    Not really, I didn't really get any attachments to him, he wasn't the sort of character which should have been killed off when he was introduced, and I still believe that he will be resurrected in infinity wars.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themightysandu)
    Well at least they killed off Peggy Carter, even though she was gonna die because she old, and also she has her own tv series.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *had

They cancelled it today :cry2:

Movie was phenomenal though, watched it twice and enjoyed it both times! Still dunno if it was better than Winter Soldier but Cap by far has had the best movies in the MCU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thaladan)
    I know it's a rare opinion, but Age of Ultron is still my favourite Marvel movie...
    I'd go along with that tbh. It and Dark World and the only ones I consider to be really good from phase 2 (yes, guardians was a good laugh, but the villain was weak af).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    *had

They cancelled it today :cry2:

Movie was phenomenal though, watched it twice and enjoyed it both times! Still dunno if it was better than Winter Soldier but Cap by far has had the best movies in the MCU
    Noooooooooooooooo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Here we are debating which team dominates with their genuine physical and mental capabilities when it's not even about the members of the teams it's about what they stand and fight for.
    I'd still go with Team Iron Man

Let's be fair though, most people will pick a side based on which heros they like more.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I didn't really get any attachments to him, he wasn't the sort of character which should have been killed off when he was introduced, and I still believe that he will be resurrected in infinity wars.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I agree. I think he has potential to be the person who actually helps win the fights for his chosen side.

ReputationRep:
    I understand why iron man is on that side and i would be on his side for Spider-Man but if heroes were registered people could abuse that, what if the information got into the wrong hands, if Spider-Man revealed his identity villains could kill aunt May to get back at him for stopping them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd still go with Team Iron Man

Let's be fair though, most people will pick a side based on which heros they like more.
    Yes haha! Needless to say, I am a proud owner of countable items of Captain America memorabilia.

ReputationRep:
    Yes haha! Needless to say, I am a proud owner of countable items of Captain America memorabilia.
    I have a cool iron man (hulk buster) vs hulk poster which somehow tears easily if that counts

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a cool iron man (hulk buster) vs hulk poster which somehow tears easily if that counts

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's awesome! Veronica was one of my favourite scenes from AOU.

ReputationRep:
    That's awesome! Veronica was one of my favourite scenes from AOU.
    Yeah same, tbh hulk going on a rampage could have been made into its own film earlier and could have shown formation of Veronica, would have been awesome and a good contributor to Sokovia accords

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd go along with that tbh. It and Dark World and the only ones I consider to be really good from phase 2 (yes, guardians was a good laugh, but the villain was weak af).
    Interesting... I hated Dark World. I'd put it in the bottom tier of Marvel movies, along with Ironman 2 and 3.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same, tbh hulk going on a rampage could have been made into its own film earlier and could have shown formation of Veronica, would have been awesome and a good contributor to Sokovia accords

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Absaloutely, I feel there were many unnecessary scenes in AOU which could have been replaced by features more relevant to the understanding of the plot. Could have lived without seeing vision kill the last of ultrons army, and I understand marvel for trying to set up Thor Ragnarok but didn't appreciate the cave nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like we all know the best marvel movie (out of any marvel comic film)
    Xmen origins: wolverine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Absaloutely, I feel there were many unnecessary scenes in AOU which could have been replaced by features more relevant to the understanding of the plot. Could have lived without seeing vision kill the last of ultrons army, and I understand marvel for trying to set up Thor Ragnarok but didn't appreciate the cave nonsense.
    That could have been done in a post credits scene

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That could have been done in a post credits scene

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know I waited in anticipation just to see a two second clip of thanos saying I'll do it myself. Really interesting marvel...

ReputationRep:
    I know I waited in anticipation just to see a two second clip of thanos saying I'll do it myself. Really interesting marvel...
    I'm sure that wasn't even necessary, at least they could have made thanos' scene a minute

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm unbiased with my support in the sense I had a poster of all the main 4 high along the wall of my uni room. Comic book covers make such awesome grouped art. Of course the hulk one was in the most prominent position, but shush

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thaladan)
    Interesting... I hated Dark World. I'd put it in the bottom tier of Marvel movies, along with Ironman 2 and 3.
    I agree that Iron Man 2 and 3 should be pretty low. For the sake of discussion from worst to best I think I'd go:

Ironman 3 (Just weird)
    Winter Soldier (just never really clicked with me)
    Ironman 2 (weak annoying villains and too brash and shouty. Nearly redeemed by black widow )
    Guardians (weak villain and too cheesy)
    Civil War (just way to samey and shallow for what it could have been. Large scale fights were just boring but redeemed at the end)
    Ant-man (again, just never really clicked but cool concept. Possibly best stand-alone movie)
    Thor (interesting twists and cool characters)
    Cp America, 1st Avenger (well rounded movie, probably about equal with Ironman tbh)
    Ironman (best origin story so far IMO, even if the villain again was a bit limp-wristed. Tbh this probably has a higher position than it deserves due to my love for the character)

I'd then struggle to choose between Dark World and the two avengers movies for top spot. First avengers was their first major outing as a group, second avengers had IMO one of the coolest villains and was a bit darker and more serious, and Dark world had jokes without overdoing it, was a bit more morbid, had cool twists and some of the best battle scenes.

Then again, I really liked Batman v Superman when I went to see it, so most people would probably immediately discount any opinion I have on comic book movies.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.