Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Kieran1996)
    In truth I'd happily live forever once I have a house. I am a very easily content person.

Damn just makes you realise 2016 years is nothing.

Only be around for about 12,000 years and humans already have nuclear power to destroy the planet.

Meanwhile dogs still chase their tails. awe
    It's crazy isn't it. I think the craziest thing is that we've wiped out half the species on earth in less than a century, or something like that. I never really understood how the whole year countdown and up was decided either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I would even work till my death, if I have the chance to become a university lecturer one day (and if I don't find a monastery to live the rest of my life out). Abroad would be the best!
    University lecturers are probably most likely to live long... they work so hard

(Original post by Captain Jack)
    It's crazy isn't it. I think the craziest thing is that we've wiped out half the species on earth in less that century, or something like that. I never really understood how the whole year countdown and up was decided either.
    Bloody idiots aren't we... We kill stuff for looking nice rather than appreciating them. I'm not sure either, in truth time doesn't really exist.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    University lecturers are probably most likely to live long... they work so hard

Bloody idiots aren't we... We kill stuff for looking nice rather than appreciating them. I'm not sure either, in truth time doesn't really exist.
    Just found the answer here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anno_Domini#History

ReputationRep:
    60-62.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Just found the answer here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anno_Domini#History
    Awesome

Seems like Jesus's main role in the world was being responsible for someone else "inventing" time
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Awesome

Seems like Jesus's main role in the world was being responsible for someone else "inventing" time
    Jesus also indirectly responsible for the invention of cornflakes and rice crispies :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Before my exam on Tursday
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    60-62.
    And I thought that my planned life span is short, but your one is shorter. Well, long life is overrestimated anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    And I thought that my planned life span is short, but your one is shorter. Well, long life is overrestimated anyway.
    Quality of life drops after that imo :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    b4 exams plz

ReputationRep:
    when Allah wants me to die. نسأل الله حسن الخاتمة
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Didn't know how to actually translate it lol

ReputationRep:
    When my life is over. I am not too fond of the world and its atrocities so, while I am NOT suicidal, I don't see the point in living forever. Until we live in a fair and just society (the kind that John Lennon would dream of) I will die when I die, whether my work is done or not.

ReputationRep:
    I want to live forever. Hopefully, immortality may become a possibility in the near future.

This makes me think of my mum's aunt, who always said she didn't want to live to 100. She died two weeks after her 99th birthday.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    When everything around me is corrupted and everyone I love, gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Jesus also indirectly responsible for the invention of cornflakes and rice crispies :yep:
    Converting to Christianity now

ReputationRep:
    in my 70's or 80's when i have made my wealth and have bought everything i wanted and got bored with it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    in my 70's or 80's when i have made my wealth and have bought everything i wanted and got bored with it
    Did you have think about the alternative to spend time with good friends that life can't never be got boring?

ReputationRep:
    I have changed my opinions...

I'd like to be the first to die out of my friends rather than the last

I can't imagine living when most of your family/friends are gone
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I have changed my opinions...

I'd like to be the first to die out of my friends rather than the last

I can't imagine living when most of your family/friends are gone
    You seem to be assuming that at a certain age you'll stop making new friends or gaining new family members

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.