• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    ur welcome !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tenisha1999)
    Ahh I used to read a lot but don't as much anymore, want to get back in the habit though! Can you suggest any books??
    I just finished a fantastic book called The Library At Mount Char.

Blurb:

Carolyn's not so different from the other human beings around her. She's sure of it. She likes guacamole and cigarettes and steak. She knows how to use a phone. She even remembers what clothes are for.

After all, she was a normal American herself, once.

That was a long time ago, of course—before the time she calls “adoption day,” when she and a dozen other children found themselves being raised by a man they learned to call Father.

Father could do strange things. He could call light from darkness. Sometimes he raised the dead. And when he was disobeyed, the consequences were terrible.

In the years since Father took her in, Carolyn hasn't gotten out much. Instead, she and her adopted siblings have been raised according to Father's ancient Pelapi customs. They've studied the books in his library and learned some of the secrets behind his equally ancient power.

Sometimes, they've wondered if their cruel tutor might secretly be God.

Now, Father is missing. And if God truly is dead, the only thing that matters is who will inherit his library—and with it, power over all of creation.

As Carolyn gathers the tools she needs for the battle to come, fierce competitors for this prize align against her.

But Carolyn can win. She's sure of it. What she doesn't realize is that her victory may come at an unacceptable price—because in becoming a God, she's forgotten a great deal about being human.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by geolowiser;[url="tel:64784013")
    64784013[/url]]I just finished a fantastic book called The Library At Mount Char.

Blurb:

Carolyn's not so different from the other human beings around her. She's sure of it. She likes guacamole and cigarettes and steak. She knows how to use a phone. She even remembers what clothes are for.

That was a long time ago, of course—before the time she calls “adoption day,” when she and a dozen other children found themselves being raised by a man they learned to call Father.

Father could do strange things. He could call light from darkness. Sometimes he raised the dead. And when he was disobeyed, the consequences were terrible.

In the years since Father took her in, Carolyn hasn't gotten out much. Instead, she and her adopted siblings have been raised according to Father's ancient Pelapi customs. They've studied the books in his library and learned some of the secrets behind his equally ancient power.

Now, Father is missing. And if God truly is dead, the only thing that matters is who will inherit his library—and with it, power over all of creation.

As Carolyn gathers the tools she needs for the battle to come, fierce competitors for this prize align against her.

But Carolyn can win. She's sure of it. What she doesn't realize is that her victory may come at an unacceptable price—because in becoming a God, she's forgotten a great deal about being human.
    what genre is it action drama or romance

ReputationRep:
    choke the chicken
    Spoiler:
    Show
    please give me a rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geolowiser)
    I just finished a fantastic book called The Library At Mount Char.

Blurb:

Wow that sounds amazing!! I defo need to check it out. Sounds really interesting Would I be able to get it at WHSmith or like normal book-stores?? Thank-you!!!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Tenisha1999;[url="tel:64793277")
    64793277[/url]]Wow that sounds amazing!! I defo need to check it out. Sounds really interesting Would I be able to get it at WHSmith or like normal book-stores?? Thank-you!!!
    i know right it sounds really good !!!!

ReputationRep:
    Video games

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    I get bored really easily. So that got me thinking. What do you do when you're bored? Any interesting hobbies? Any recommendations?
    count sheeps lol jk

(Original post by Acsel)
    I get bored really easily. So that got me thinking. What do you do when you're bored? Any interesting hobbies? Any recommendations?
    I'm trying to get these gems.

TSR people will understand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like to watch you tube videos or go out for a drive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahida sulaiman)
    what genre is it action drama or romance
    A blend between fantasy, horror, sci-fi, action, drama, some hint of romance but only to develop character depth and justify courses of action, not a love story.

It's the guy's first book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tenisha1999)
    Wow that sounds amazing!! I defo need to check it out. Sounds really interesting Would I be able to get it at WHSmith or like normal book-stores?? Thank-you!!!
    I was in Chapters in Canada (visiting my gf) when I bought it, found a copy in Abu Dhabi last week so it's clearly well spread, I assume it'll be in the UK it's been very well received even though it's a little confusing at times
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I play Texas Holdem Poker when I'm bored

ReputationRep:
    I downloaded an emulator (OpenEmu) for my laptop and play N64, playstation 1, PSP etc games on it. Found my childhood faves like Medievil, Spyro, Goldeneye, Mario Kart, Super Mario, Perfect Dark etc. Great ways to alleviate any boredom inbetween things. I just plug in my PS4 controller to my laptop and voila!

ReputationRep:
    I've written a blog post on recommendations for the weekend which could be useful? I'm always bored too haha https://adventuringwithlove.wordpres...weekend-ideas/
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Play Skyrim or Dying Light, interact with my pets, go for a drive and listen to music

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.