(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Can't really choose that I'm afraid...

Blame your parents...
    I do
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by enthalpy change)
    That's a very good question. If I'm completely honest, I would change almost everything in my life. Almost everything because the only thing I would remain the same would be the support I get from my friends because of what I would like to change, if that makes sense.

I hate my life and I don't think my mind set will change. Like you said, some of them are in our control and some of them unfortunately are not and most of things I'd like to change are not in my control. That's what I hate the most, but there's nothing we can do about that, right? We just have to make use of the life that we have and continue with a smile on our face. We can't change what has happened in the past and we just have to make sure that the mistakes that we committed to happen again in the future, and if its something we can't control, then we just have to find a way to overcome the pain it may be causing us.

Sorry for the rant hahahahaha.
    I like your spirit, I feel like it's more of an inspirational message than a rant

(Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    I haven't played properly in a while (I do play with friends and family though sometimes), in high school I had a period of injury which kept me out a while, my friends were more rugby types so after I recovered (fully) I played a few other games. I'm not from a family with any contacts in football and I was too young and stupid to ensure those myself.

My academics were very poor until I was about 16. Believe it or not English used to my worst subject.
    Ah, that's unlucky still good that you can play for fun though if you want to be better at Maths, Countdown always helps :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    I do

It's okay, at least we have you on TSR although I could do without some of your feminism hatred :shh:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that way because i find it rather silly.

The other night, after i'd had a bit to drink, i sat down with one of my good mates and told him i was glad id ****ed up the last 3 years of my life path just so that i could be friends with him + 2 other people that i've met in the past year.

I still stand by it. I wouldn't change anything as i'm happy where i am now.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by London Slickest)
    Same, I think most kids growing up playing wanted to be professional footballers.
    :shh: I still do. We can still play for Chelsea or Leyton Orient or somewhere in London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)

The other night, after i'd had a bit to drink, i sat down with one of my good mates and told him i was glad id ****ed up the last 3 years of my life path just so that i could be friends with him + 2 other people that i've met in the past year.

Actually tbh, if I hadn't messed up some things in my life I wouldn't have met a really amazing friend that I have met, so yes I absolutely agree with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I like your spirit, I feel like it's more of an inspirational message than a rant

Ah, that's unlucky still good that you can play for fun though if you want to be better at Maths, Countdown always helps :borat:
    Thank you! Gosh, Sean. I've received more praises from you today than I have received in my lifetime! Hahahahahha
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by enthalpy change)
    Thank you! Gosh, Sean. I've received more praises from you today than I have received in my lifetime! Hahahahahha
    :lol: if I can make someone happy then my job is done.

ReputationRep:

It's okay, at least we have you on TSR although I could do without some of your feminism hatred :shh:
    TSR is my adoptive family
    Spoiler:
    Show
    even tho i still have my acc family
    I'm afraid that's all apart of the package :hand:

ReputationRep:
    :shh: I still do. We can still play for Chelsea or Leyton Orient or somewhere in London
    I love your optimism.:lol:

ReputationRep:
    aw guys :grouphugs: at least we claim to be good at scrabble, right?

(trying to be positive )
    Who's claiming? I'd definitely beat you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Who's claiming? I'd definitely beat you.
    I thought you said "I'd definitely beat you up" and I was like

and then I read again. You're wrong. I would beat you

ReputationRep:
    I thought you said "I'd definitely beat you up" and I was like

and then I read again. You're wrong. I would beat you
    I only beat girls who like it

I bet you're the Joey of scrabble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)

Pretty much the same. I had an awful time a couple of years ago but this year has been amazing and I've met great people and travelled to some amazing places. So I don't regret the decisions I made at all. It just meant that I struggled for a while and reached rock bottom but that gave me the kick I needed to get to where I'm at now. If my life hadn't been effectively ruined I would have never packed a bag and jumped on a train to start this adventure which has change my life and outlook on everything.

I think we learn more from pain than we ever do from pleasure so no regrets over anything that you ever suffered through - it teaches you and helps you grow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :lol: if I can make someone happy then my job is done.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I'd have stuck in more at school

I'd have kept up with singing

Ditched some toxic people a lot sooner than I did

Take better care of myself mentally and physically

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mainly, I regret going out with my ex and regret how much of an ass I was to him at points. It's been eating up at me and this is 3 years later.

I also have other regrets that I could list but as people have said, regrets are things that have happened and can't change our actions but just learn from them.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I'd never quit piano lessons when I was younger. Also right now, I really wish I'd moved away and started somewhere new after graduating uni like most of my friends - two years later I'm still in the same place, in a job which I hate and just feeling a little trapped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz23)
    I wish I'd never quit piano lessons when I was younger. Also right now, I really wish I'd moved away and started somewhere new after graduating uni like most of my friends - two years later I'm still in the same place, in a job which I hate and just feeling a little trapped.
    Can you not move now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

While I do have regrets, I don't think I'd change anything. My experiences, even those I would have done differently, have made me who I am today and I'm wary as to how changing some of those things would change me.

Despite things I would have done differently, I've still ended up in a situation where I'm pretty content with my life now. The past is just that.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.