Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you look down on adults who can't drive? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't look down on them I just don't understand how they've managed to go through life without driving

ReputationRep:
    Driving is a life skill, same with cooking or swimming

ReputationRep:
    Im aged 21 turning 22. Im a car trader with my father for 8+ years. I have been taking lessons for just over a year. Ive had test cancellations and delays. I have had other personal problems that prevented me from taking my driving test early. Ive also been getting a bit depressed because it has taken so long to get on the road. I also feel embarrased when I see girls beating me. I have my next driving test in 4 weeks which Im happy about. Once I start driving, it'll be "travel, enjoy life, eat, work work work" Cant wait.
    Sometimes I do see guys/girls in their new cars laughing at me which pisses me off a little. Oh well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince_fancybum)
    I don't look down on them I just don't understand how they've managed to go through life without driving
    This.

Although I don't count someone as an adult until they are living outside their parents' home, post education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFBS)
    This.

Although I don't count someone as an adult until they are living outside their parents' home, post education.
    Sometimes I doubt I'll be able to get my own house after uni
    Dont have a driving licence yet - aged 21 turning 22 soon. Got a driving test in 4 weeks. I regret delaying my driving lessons, should have done them when I was 17/18. I was too religious back then, very confused about life and didn't think much about driving. I think about driving alot now.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
    No, but I do look down on people who sit in their cars in busy traffic on a beautiful hot summers day when their destination is five minutes down the road.
    I've never understood why people do this at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    But the heat is for lounging around getting a tan, not being physically active :lol: If I've got somewhere to be I'd sooner just stick the air con on and keep cool whilst having a private seated rave :rofl:
    :lol: No! But the sun and the heat is merely hypothetical. I used it purely to embellish the idea of a charmingly lovely day, where people should be out of their cars, frolicking and enjoying themselves and what not. As opposed to lounging about raving with a box blasting cold air into their face every now and again. It is just immoral!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
    :lol: No! But the sun and the heat is merely hypothetical. I used it purely to embellish the idea of a charmingly lovely day, where people should be out of their cars, frolicking and enjoying themselves and what not. As opposed to lounging about raving with a box blasting cold air into their face every now and again. It is just immoral!
    No no noooo My best mate's family are Spanish and they make such a valid point about us Brits being so odd in our response to hot weather, seems like the hotter it is the more we want to walk about, cut our grass and generally get right in the sun when our natural human instinct should be to seek shade :lol:
    All about that climate control in my car - shut the windows, set the temperature to low and within a couple of minutes you're practically sitting in a warmer version of a fridge Best of both worlds, you're out enjoying the nice views of the sun washing over everything but without the sweating and being sapped of energy :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care enough to judge,their choice really

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.