Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    To what extent do you guys think summer S&T intern recruitment will be affected by Brexit this year, if at all? From what i've read any movement of staff out of London is speculative at the moment, but tempted to try a different route if there's a genuinely lower chance of success in S&T than elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robv96)
    To what extent do you guys think summer S&T intern recruitment will be affected by Brexit this year, if at all? From what i've read any movement of staff out of London is speculative at the moment, but tempted to try a different route if there's a genuinely lower chance of success in S&T than elsewhere.
    Any real results of the brexit vote on the industry would only take effect in 2 years time - we're still part of the EU for now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Any real results of the brexit vote on the industry would only take effect in 2 years time - we're still part of the EU for now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There was a good article about this released on Mergers & Inquisitions yesterday evening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katuok)
    Nice to see this year's thread was created already. Do you guys think M&A summer recruiting will be badly hit by Brexit?
    Competition will increase as many who were interested in S&T will decide to go for M&A instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.dar)
    How competitive is ER compared to IBD?
    Fewer spots so possibly more competitive or somewhat similar

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry Tibbs)
    Competition will increase as many who were interested in S&T will decide to go for M&A instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think Brexit will cause that. The macro S&T business might actually be hot due to volatility. An article on Efinancialcareers mentioned how IBD / M&A would take the biggest blow due to uncertainty causing a massive slow down in deal activity...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    I don't think Brexit will cause that. The macro S&T business might actually be hot due to volatility. An article on Efinancialcareers mentioned how IBD / M&A would take the biggest blow due to uncertainty causing a massive slow down in deal activity...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A lot of banks already have plans to move trading jobs out of London if we leave the single market. While deal activity might slow there's no reason for banks to move M&A jobs out of London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    There was a good article about this released on Mergers & Inquisitions yesterday evening.
    link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    link?
    http://www.mergersandinquisitions.co...cial-services/

ReputationRep:
    Are there any firms that will consider recent graduates?

ReputationRep:
    Spoke to my recruiter about this and its business as usual. she also explained the concept of junior pipeline so if you are applying for a summer 2017 analyst role, if they give you full time offer it will be for 2018 and even then for 12-18 months after you start your grad role the bank does not see you as a permanent/profitable/trained staff. which takes you to about early 2020.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so I have a summer internship at GS (Ops) and a placement at PwC consulting. What are my chance of getting an internship in IBD (corporate finance)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J Edgar)
    Hey, so I have a summer internship at GS (Ops) and a placement at PwC consulting. What are my chance of getting an internship in IBD (corporate finance)?
    Nobody knows, just apply mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the AC for SEO Summer Launch Pad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzygrant)
    I am but i don't know how they pick and choose their candidates

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late to apply to this now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iwouldliketoknow)
    I am but i don't know how they pick and choose their candidates
    (Original post by blue-city)
    Is it too late to apply to this now?
    just apply anyway, good luck

seo do a great job, one of the best organisations i've been a part of.

ReputationRep:
    Which division did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It looks like GS is already open. Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimbobJam)
    It looks like GS is already open. Anyone else?
    for summer or FT?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.