Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiara006)
    16th: Edexcel RS unit 1
    17th: AS sociology AQA unit 1, Biology Unit 1 AQA, OCR French reading and listening (clash)
    18th: RS unit 8
    19th:Chemistry Unit 1 AQA
    AS Sociology? That's pretty cool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeenPolyglot)
    ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the first person I've met on here doing Pliny and Nisus and Euryalus (I'm presuming?)!
    Yep that's it!!! What do you think of the pieces? and which one do you prefer?!

ReputationRep:
    You have a fairly light week!
    Yeah thank goodness!! Next week I'm dreading having my Welsh literature and physics exam on the same day though😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamhill3)
    Probably education, but I’ve revised both
    I’m more worried for Section A because I overanalyse and overthink it WAY too much haha
    Well good luck whatever you decide....

Just remember to go for the direct facts for Section A, with a bit of theory on 4-6 markers.

Then again...I wrote all about the effect of feral children on families once...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfghjklgcses)
    Yeah thank goodness!! Next week I'm dreading having my Welsh literature and physics exam on the same day though😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Welsh literature?! So glad I'm not in your position anymore hahaha

One of my friends has 5 exams in one day...I have 4 on one day. Our school aren't even a competitive school, but I'm doing 31 exams...

ReputationRep:
    17th - French Reading and Listening, Biology Unit 1
    19th - Chemistry Unit 1
    Spoiler:
    Show
    After half term's my worst week.

ReputationRep:
    Well good luck whatever you decide....

Just remember to go for the direct facts for Section A, with a bit of theory on 4-6 markers.

Then again...I wrote all about the effect of feral children on families once...
    That’s what I’m going to try and do- I’ve done every past paper on the WJEC website and I’ve got my teacher to mark them and I’ve done well on them all, so I’m hoping that helps.

I’m quite worried (well, not worried, but anxious) about Biology 2, I’ve done every past paper possible (except 2016 Unit 2 HT which I can’t find ANYWHERE) and I’ve done well but still, nerves always get the better of me haha.

ReputationRep:
    16th RE - Perspectives and Ethics - OCR
    17th French - Unit 1 and Unit 2 - AQA
    18th RE - Christianity 1 and Christianity 2 - OCR

ReputationRep:
    16th - AQA Econ 1
    18th - Edexcel C1
    19th - Business Theme 1 (Marketing & People)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuzz13)
    Yep that's it!!! What do you think of the pieces? and which one do you prefer?!
    I personally quite like them- I just think there is way too much- they could've got rid of Arria and the last section of N and E...(367-445). It's just SO LONG!

But overall, I'm thinking they're fairly easy passages. I mean, the Pliny is just constant "scholarly nature" and "Pliny likes to work, but also show his duty", and Nisus and Euryalus are just Verse. I have just been told to just think everything I possibly can. Pleonasm everywhere haha

ReputationRep:
    Welsh literature?! So glad I'm not in your position anymore hahaha

One of my friends has 5 exams in one day...I have 4 on one day. Our school aren't even a competitive school, but I'm doing 31 exams...
    It's awful omg we have to learn 12 poems and learn quotes from a novel😭 omg !! Is that even allowed? I couldn't cope with that - I thought that 2 exams were bad enough😂 wow that's a lot of exams - I only have 14😂 but I did 7 in January and 6 last summer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    16th:RE unit 2
    17th: OCR 21st Century B1-B3
    19th: OCR 21st Century C1-C3
    20th: Spanish AQA reading and listening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamhill3)
    That’s what I’m going to try and do- I’ve done every past paper on the WJEC website and I’ve got my teacher to mark them and I’ve done well on them all, so I’m hoping that helps.

I’m quite worried (well, not worried, but anxious) about Biology 2, I’ve done every past paper possible (except 2016 Unit 2 HT which I can’t find ANYWHERE) and I’ve done well but still, nerves always get the better of me haha.
    I got 99/100 in my Unit 1 mock for Sociology, so I am hoping for a repeat of that!

Biology just wrecks me. Our "main" teacher does nothing but evolution and the teacher that we have once a fortnight does A-Level stuff which we don't need...

Our class literally know nothing apart from enzymes. We are the kings and queens of enzymes

ReputationRep:
    I personally quite like them- I just think there is way too much- they could've got rid of Arria and the last section of N and E...(367-445). It's just SO LONG!

But overall, I'm thinking they're fairly easy passages. I mean, the Pliny is just constant "scholarly nature" and "Pliny likes to work, but also show his duty", and Nisus and Euryalus are just Verse. I have just been told to just think everything I possibly can. Pleonasm everywhere haha
    Yeah I agree! Especially the Virgil, it's so long! But not that difficult once you've learnt it. Just hoping I don't run out of time in the exams!

ReputationRep:
    I have a light week, thankfully!
    16th- RE Unit 2 (Edexcel)
    17th- French Reading & Listening (AQA)
    18th- RE Unit 8 (Edexcel)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfghjklgcses)
    It's awful omg we have to learn 12 poems and learn quotes from a novel😭 omg !! Is that even allowed? I couldn't cope with that - I thought that 2 exams were bad enough😂 wow that's a lot of exams - I only have 14😂 but I did 7 in January and 6 last summer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The rules are that as long as the exams fit within a certain time window- I think it's between 9:00am and 4:00pm or something, then all is okay. But that sounds like a crazy subject! I mean, the language is scary enough, let alone study literature within it! I though Latin was hard enough, where you have to learn a bunch of different passages and then talk about the effects of language when there are none...

ReputationRep:
    I felt I should create a post about the upcoming GCSE exams as no one seems to have done this yet.

So what have you got, and let's aim to make this a place where we can all talk about our individual ones to perhaps put our minds at ease!

So I personally have:
    16th May: WJEC Sociology Unit 1
    17th May: Edexcel French Listening/Reading
    AQA Biology Unit 1
    18th May: OCR Latin Language 1
    19th May: AQA Chemistry Unit 1
    WJEC Sociology Unit 2
    20th May: AQA Use of Maths Shape and Space
    OCR Latin Language 2

So what about you people? What have you got this week? Spill it all!
    17th May

French Listening (AQA) - 9:10 - 9:55
    Dual Award Biology (Edexcel) 1:45 - 3:45

19th May

Dual Award Chemistry (Edexcel) 9:10 - 11:10

20th May

Spanish Listening (AQA) - 9:10 - 9:55

Not too bad I guess, two of them are language exams which are quite a breeze. Next week, on the other hand..

ReputationRep:
    I got 99/100 in my Unit 1 mock for Sociology, so I am hoping for a repeat of that!

Biology just wrecks me. Our "main" teacher does nothing but evolution and the teacher that we have once a fortnight does A-Level stuff which we don't need...

Our class literally know nothing apart from enzymes. We are the kings and queens of enzymes
    My marks have all 90+ which are all A*s (I thought 90/100 was the boundary, apparently its only 85, according to the website, which is good!), but I need to focus on Unit 2 just as much (I’m doing Politics and Participation on that)

And our biology teacher is so patronising and spends half of the lesson talking about something and then going ‘ah, well, i could explain why that happens but it’s A Level stuff so it doesn’t matter,’ and hasn’t even taught us Active Transport but I guess because she’s been so bad, I’ve revised loads.

The worst one for me overall will be physics because the teacher is TERRIBLE, I’ve not learnt anything at all with him! He is so terrible, it’s hard to even describe it.

And for English Literature, it would help if I read LotF in order to get an A* (my target) haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuzz13)
    Yeah I agree! Especially the Virgil, it's so long! But not that difficult once you've learnt it. Just hoping I don't run out of time in the exams!
    The exams look really long, but when you actually do them, you're just regurgitating words which are common sense mostly. My biggest worry in the literature is that I don't be specific enough- instead of writing "Letter from Rectina", I'll probably write "letter" and not get the mark. That's my personal worry.

ReputationRep:
    The rules are that as long as the exams fit within a certain time window- I think it's between 9:00am and 4:00pm or something, then all is okay. But that sounds like a crazy subject! I mean, the language is scary enough, let alone study literature within it! I though Latin was hard enough, where you have to learn a bunch of different passages and then talk about the effects of language when there are none...
    Woah imagine doing a whole 7 hours of exams! I'd just want to sleep for the rest of the day then😂 and I know! It's so hard! Can't wait to drop it :/ oh wow yeah Latin does sound hard, I can't imagine me doing to well in it - we never had the option to do it in our school!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.