Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Exams got me like a twisted firestarter. | Exam Chat | watch

• Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Tfw you end up watching vine after vine, they aren't so short then - are they?! :lol:
    Harlock is my absolute favourite: https://vine.co/u/961036573284151296
    :toofunny: yes, there are so many vine compilations to keep you busy though

I love 'em all to be honest. Allicattt, Derek and Kevin, Darius Benson, everyoneeee.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Oooh what spec are you on? I just wanna get a C and that's all.

Friday 20th May - English Lit
    Tuesday 23rd May - English Language
    Friday 26th May - English Lit
    8th June - English Language.

I do a third subject but that's Media and it's coursework based lol. What's politics like?
    AQA A; Love Through the Ages. I need an A*, preferably. Though I expect that I will get an A at most. I'm sure you'll get that grade, good luck, you can do it! :excited:

You do three coursework subjects, however did you cope!

Politics... hmm. Well it is interesting, it just is very hard. There is a lot of information to learn; the textbook is horrendously wordy and hardly any of the content is superfluous.
    We do ideologies, such as liberalism, conservatism, nationalism, multiculturalism, etcetera.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh gurl can I not just die rn plz :afraid: better now than results day X_X
    I know I'm gonna go to Hell but I acc prefer that to failing my A levels :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Why the **** is STEP a thing like what even is maths and further maths not enough for you Cambridge **** you

ReputationRep:
    So with University exams, how does it work? Is there like a spec for each uni and I'm guessing it's hard to find past papers? It sounds so hard. :cry:
    Well I guess so. Each modules have their own specification but it's more loosely defined, at least the version they present to you. It's basically like "if it's in the notes or it's in the lectures or we mention it on the module page etc. then it could be in the exam". So you're generally less sure of what's going on. With Warwick it's not too bad, you literally just search them on a library page and get them. The bad thing is that for each module there's a maximum of five put up there. And I've heard in later years there can be very few past papers.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    Maybe you're right. :getmecoat:

I know right! And it's annoying because I'm sure that even with revision songs that people have made, they're still not memorable enough for me to want to learn the lyrics as normal songs are..

Plus I'm out of puns when it comes to anything academic. :sad:
    Haha same here - I watched Eurovision yesterday and I remember the songs so well and the bits not in English but nothing for my exams, WHAT IS LIFE?! :mad: Exams are just so annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any good revision tips for memorising things in GCSE's. I'm aiming for mostly A*s so it would be really useful if someone had some tips. Esp for maths and computer science, thanks
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    :toofunny: yes, there are so many vine compilations to keep you busy though
    I love 'em all to be honest. Allicattt, Derek and Kevin, Darius Benson, everyoneeee.
    Prsom. :rofl: The panic vine is hilarious.
    https://vine.co/v/erUanZwOaAP this vine is my life. :moon:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I WANT TO CRY. :cry:The PRODIGY are my bae right now, this song is so motivating. how are you lovely people doing A Levels/GCSE's doing? Got my first exam on Friday - looking forward to it.

any chance of being withdrawn from my exam asap?
    Third exam tomorrow! :cry:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    AQA A; Love Through the Ages. I need an A*, preferably. Though I expect that I will get an A at most. I'm sure you'll get that grade, good luck, you can do it! :excited:

You do three coursework subjects, however did you cope!

Politics... hmm. Well it is interesting, it just is very hard. There is a lot of information to learn; the textbook is horrendously wordy and hardly any of the content is superfluous.
    We do ideologies, such as liberalism, conservatism, nationalism, multiculturalism, etcetera.
    Well atleast you're capable of a A in Lit, wish I could. and no I do one coursework subject lmao that's enough for me haha. Politics seems intense.

(Original post by z33)
    Ugh gurl can I not just die rn plz :afraid: better now than results day X_X
    I know I'm gonna go to Hell but I acc prefer that to failing my A levels :lol:
    Oh z33, I'm here for you! :hugs: What exams do you have?

(Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Well I guess so. Each modules have their own specification but it's more loosely defined, at least the version they present to you. It's basically like "if it's in the notes or it's in the lectures or we mention it on the module page etc. then it could be in the exam". So you're generally less sure of what's going on. With Warwick it's not too bad, you literally just search them on a library page and get them. The bad thing is that for each module there's a maximum of five put up there. And I've heard in later years there can be very few past papers.
    Oh wow it all seems so hard and confusing, I'm scared for university now. I hear so many things about university module pages and they aren't good. .

(Original post by Zacken)
    Why the **** is STEP a thing like what even is maths and further maths not enough for you Cambridge **** you
    Zacken, you're smart you can pull through this! How hard is STEP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noticemesenpai)
    What about university students with exams? :cry:
    crying

ReputationRep:
    Haha same here - I watched Eurovision yesterday and I remember the songs so well and the bits not in English but nothing for my exams, WHAT IS LIFE?! :mad: Exams are just so annoying.
    They are. :sadnod: Coursework isn't much better, though. :cry2:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Now my heart awakes to the sound of sileeence :mmm:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Well atleast you're capable of a A in Lit, wish I could. and no I do one coursework subject lmao that's enough for me haha. Politics seems intense.
    Trust me, if I'm capable, then you most certainly are. :yep: What are your lit revision methods?
    It is intense, I spend 8 hours a day moaning about it, I'm so whiny :rofl:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Prsom. :rofl: The panic vine is hilarious.
    https://vine.co/v/erUanZwOaAP this vine is my life. :moon:
    :toofunny: I won't like the netflix and spongebob one here but you get the picture.

Here is my life in a vine.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:

Oh wow it all seems so hard and confusing, I'm scared for university now. I hear so many things about university module pages and they aren't good. .

Zacken, you're smart you can pull through this! How hard is STEP?
    Warwick maths module pages are pretty decent...I wouldn't be scared, I guess you just need a different mindset to A level. After all, 70%+ is the pinnacle at university in that there's no difference between 70 and 100 in terms of what your degree is at the end..so there's more "room" so to speak which makes up for it being harder to be fully knowledgeable on something. And of course that applies to the other degree classes as well.

Though I am not Zacken, STEP is vicious..

ReputationRep:
    Mine aren't until June 7th BUT GIRL CHEMISTRY'S GONNA KILL ME
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    :toofunny: I won't like the netflix and spongebob one here but you get the picture.

Here is my life in a vine.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I wouldn't say that to Thomas Sanders, that guy has a heart of gold :rofl: :cry2: and you do too :yep:
    This would be me on the phone: https://vine.co/v/eBFxKvHUHdQ

But yes, there's a very grave mistake to be made when one watches a vine because 'it's short' :no:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I wouldn't say that to Thomas Sanders, that guy has a heart of gold :rofl: :cry2: and you do too :yep:
    This would be me on the phone: https://vine.co/v/eBFxKvHUHdQ

But yes, there's a very grave mistake to be made when one watches a vine because 'it's short' :no:
    You're too kind

:lol: oh, Harlock.

Indeed. I think I've just started at this one for about a minute because it's so catchy.

ReputationRep:
    tfw you are trying to know every little detail and you still think its not enough to get you marks
    trying my best to revise but nothing is sticking into my head :cry2:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You're too kind

:lol: oh, Harlock.

Indeed. I think I've just started at this one for about a minute because it's so catchy.

Did I really just watch the whole thing :facepalm:
    I wish I knew more viners like Harlock, I know there's the British guy who made that vine about the spiders but what's his name?! British vines are hilariously sarcastic :rofl:
    I dislike viners such as Nash Grier though :erm:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 18, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.