Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junayd1998)
    Yeah you watch Hegarty as well!!!!! that guy is a legend
    I went through and watched all of his videos at Christmas. They were so helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierogers21)
    I'm feeling really good about this exam. Been through every question on all the past papers. How do you think it will compare to last year?

ahh that's so good!!

ReputationRep:
    I am aiming 100% hopefully it is possible

ReputationRep:
    I've done a lot of past papers and revision over the past few months and I'm feeling prepared tbh. I just need to go over the A/A* topics. (doing higher).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junayd1998)
    Umm dont think it will be to taxing but you never know this is the last year of this spec so they might go out with a bang!
    That's exactly how I feel as this is the last year they may use a really messed up question. Tbh I did the Hannah's sweets, it wasn't too bad. I feel edexcel may put in a really hard question! I am so stressed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LNDNWASPS)
    I am aiming 100% hopefully it is possible
    I am trying to as well!

ReputationRep:
    QUOTE=stressedoutt;65071517]That's exactly how I feel as this is the last year they may use a really messed up question. Tbh I did the Hannah's sweets, it wasn't too bad. I feel edexcel may put in a really hard question! I am so stressed[/QUOTE]

nah, I took the paper last year and going for an A this year. This year i think will be average as last year got lots of news coverage. We will see... How do i answer hannahs sweets haha

ReputationRep:
    Who has tips for an A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajive)
    Who has tips for an A*?
    Just look at videos on topics you are bad on and make sure you dont fall prey to the eaiser marks

ReputationRep:
    dreading it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by travis123)
    dreading it
    Im gonna end a couple careers, I want to do it tomorrow, cba with all this waiting around.

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions?

ReputationRep:
    MY PREDICTIONS, having sat the paper last summer- C, November B and going for an A/A* this summer (self taught) to allow me to go onto the A level maths courses at college as needed for economics degree, i have a fairly good idea...

PREDICTIONS for non calc-

Vectors- this is almost a give, they didn't place much emphasis on these last summer. Be prepared to prove why it is a straight line etc.
    Equations of lines- I would predict a question on perpendicular lines may come up as a lot of emphasis on parallel lines has happened in the past.
    HARD VOLUME QUESTIONS- very likely, june 2015 had a very hard one, learn the formulas which are not given and practice giving answer in terms or pi.
    PROOF- perhaps this year just proving why 2 numbers are multiples etc.
    Histograms
    Cumulative frequency- every year
    SIMILTANEOUS EQUATIONS- i predict a question with a quadratic equation being formed. Maths genie covers these well.
    Circle Theorems- 99% likely.
    Algebraic fractions- very likely
    Transformations of graphs- i reckon sin and cos graphs this year.

Of course all the other stuff may come up e.g questionnaire, loci, speed etc.
    i dont think we will get a Hannah's sweets one or drawing a circle.

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling really good about this exam. Been through every question on all the past papers. How do you think it will compare to last year?
    what tier are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    can anyone help with formulas and definitions we need to know

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if onmaths predictions are reliable

ReputationRep:
    I went through and watched all of his videos at Christmas. They were so helpful
    done all of the hegarty maths 'secure a c or b' are their any other maths resources which are useful?

ReputationRep:
    done all of the hegarty maths 'secure a c or b' are their any other maths resources which are useful?
    Achieve maths on youtube covers A/A* topics and goes though past papers. Maths Genie website has loads of practice questions and past papers with solutions and they have predicted papers.

ReputationRep:
    How do people revise? Because I've just been doing past papers in class (cause we're forced lol) but I can't seem to revise at home but that's probably because I don't know what to revise. It's probably too late now though cause the exams tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    examsolutions.net is useful for going over any topics you're unsure on.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.