Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Deputy Prime Minister's Questions - May 15, 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Petros is acting prime minister now? Or do you mean Toronto is?
    Apologies, should have said Acting Speaker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Firstly, funding obviously has to be there to do things, and it is something I and my party will continue to be vocal about. We plan to increase NHS funding on front-line services, continue with plans for 7 day GP access (but it will be a transition involving incentives for more doctors as they are overworked as is) and we want to introduce further mental health services but we're obviously still only just getting off the ground at the moment so I can't give a clear answer just yet.

I will do what I can though, and I'm happy to speak with you further about it over the coming weeks as each departments plans begin to properly take form.
    Mr (Acting) Speaker I thank the rt.hon gentleman for his reply and offer of talks, having worked with the liberals last term I know they supported the reforms and extra funding we started before the election, and hope they will continue this vision of a properly funded, fully staffed NHS which is there for anybody who needs it, free at the point of use.

To follow up to The Deputy Prime Minister's reply I simply ask, given some of the comment made by his coalition partners does the Deputy Prime Minister feel the Government he is second in charge of can look after transgender individuals who go to the NHS for help with gender dysphoria, in the form of help to transition, as well as transgender individuals who go to the NHS for help with mental illnesses such as anxiety and depression, which may be caused at least in part by their dysphoria?

I shall ask my second question later today or tomorrow morning Mr (Acting) Speaker

ReputationRep:
    Mr Deputy Speaker;

This question is for the Deputy PM, my boy Petros.

It's clear that you are a busy guy, charity work, talented musician, fashion model.
    Do you not believe it was a bit inconsiderate taking the role as Deputy PM?
    You barely have time to name your compositions:

How can we confirm your policies and ideas are well thought of and not just inadequately rushed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    To the shock of possibly many, I have to say Nick Clegg, as it was his performance in the TV debates in 2010 that first got me into Politics. Shout out to DLG of course though.
    Given the collapse of Liberal support when your predecessor and political idol last led your party into a coalition with the Conservatories, do you fear a similar thing happening again?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Mr (Acting) Speaker I thank the rt.hon gentleman for his reply and offer of talks, having worked with the liberals last term I know they supported the reforms and extra funding we started before the election, and hope they will continue this vision of a properly funded, fully staffed NHS which is there for anybody who needs it, free at the point of use.

To follow up to The Deputy Prime Minister's reply I simply ask, given some of the comment made by his coalition partners does the Deputy Prime Minister feel the Government he is second in charge of can look after transgender individuals who go to the NHS for help with gender dysphoria, in the form of help to transition, as well as transgender individuals who go to the NHS for help with mental illnesses such as anxiety and depression, which may be caused at least in part by their dysphoria?

I shall ask my second question later today or tomorrow morning Mr (Acting) Speaker
    Your follow up question is an extremely important one. As a whole, I believe that yes, this Government can look after all people, no matter their circumstances, and I will do whatever and all in my power to ensure people including transgender individuals get the help they need and deserve.

(Original post by Trapping)
    Mr Deputy Speaker;

This question is for the Deputy PM, my boy Petros.

It's clear that you are a busy guy, charity work, talented musician, fashion model.
    Do you not believe it was a bit inconsiderate taking the role as Deputy PM?
    You barely have time to name your compositions:
    https://soundcloud.com/petrosc/yet-t...vent-named-yet

How can we confirm your policies and ideas are well thought of and not just inadequately rushed?
    Firstly, 10/10 for effort. Not quite sure when I took up fashion though.

There's a strong team of us Liberals that debate and decide our policies internally.

(Original post by cBay)
    Given the collapse of Liberal support when your predecessor and political idol last led your party into a coalition with the Conservatories, do you fear a similar thing happening again?
    Hahaha xD

No, I think I'm good. Clegg's Lib Dems were outnumbered 1/4 or 1/5, but there's obviously a much smaller gap between the TSR Parties in terms of representation.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    Point of order, Mr Acting Speaker. I motion that the Prime Minister be named and expelled from the House for his use of unparliamentary language, when he said: "I think someone will be given [a term that consists of two words starting with the letter 'b']". This language is extremely inappropriate and sets a negative example to the youth of our country and I urge you, Mr Acting Speaker to ensure that our Prime Minister behaves in a parliamentary manner.
    *looks up from magazine*

*startled*

Umm, umm,...... the Prime Minister has already apologised for his language; I therefore consider the matter closed.

*goes back to looking at magazine - 'ooh 50% off holidays to Barbados, I'll cut that voucher out and keep it'*
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by toronto353)
    *looks up from magazine*

*startled*

Umm, umm,...... the Prime Minister has already apologised for his language; I therefore consider the matter closed.

*goes back to looking at magazine - 'ooh 50% off holidays to Barbados, I'll cut that voucher out and keep it'*
    Reading a magazine on the job - to VoNC-land with you!
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Reading a magazine on the job - to VoNC-land with you!
    Oh, how did that get in there? I was consulting Hansard and the magazine just happened to be there. *whistles innocently*

Spoiler:
    Show
    Probably best to quote me in the bar if you want to continue this back and forth so as not to disturb DPMQs
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    This concludes Questions to the Deputy Prime Minister

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.