Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesj477)
    yeah it seemed easy but there were loads of questions to trip you up
    element found in air - argon, others were compounds
    substance found in unpolluted air - co2 or water vapour (h2o)
    what happens when you add 50cm2 of acid to calcium rather than 25cm2 - nothing, it was in excess already
    mass of water - 0.9 you had to times by 5
    on the graph it was maximum temperature RISE, not just max temp - 10 C
    small graph at end - steeper curve that ends at same level as there was same mass
    chromatography thing - first blob of solution was at the base line, not the first blob
    why you need to wait for gas to cool before measuring - hot gas occupies a larger area, nothing to do with make sure it all reacts.
    idk what the right answer for why you rinse the burette with water then solution y, I put
    water - to wash out any solution x left in
    solution y - to react with any water left in, ensuring a fair test (no idea for that one)
    Really useful, thanks a lot
    Just one thing though: wouldn't the temperature change be less because there is the same amount of heat but a larger volume of solution to heat?
    I dunno my friend said that I'm kinda screwed lol 😅

ReputationRep:
    Do u guys think that temperature remains balanced and pressure remains constant will get the dynamic equilibrium marks?

ReputationRep:
    Actually the temperature decreases because the heat is spread out more because there is more liquid aha it's meant to trick you twice sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty1024)
    Really useful, thanks a lot
    Just one thing though: wouldn't the temperature change be less because there is the same amount of heat but a larger volume of solution to heat?
    I dunno my friend said that I'm kinda screwed lol 😅
    Yeah I realised that I misread the question haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.