Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Yes, I believe it should be legal. I don't think it's fair for people such as those who are terminally ill to remain in suffering until they die, which could potentially take quite a long time, they should have the choice to end their suffering early in a dignified way.
    I absolutely agree with you on this too, I find it absolutely abhorrent that people suffering from both mentally and physically degrading terminal illnesses are not given the choice to end their suffering early, if they so choose. The prohibition of Euthanasia is one of the greatest injustices of our society in my opinion.

(Original post by thebrahmabull)
    No, i am against it. If someone is in so much pain then they should be able to take a bit more pain and kill themselves, its their life...and if someone notices it then they shoukd stop them. The fact that people are consciously allowing and helping someone to take their life doesnot seem right to me.
    What about my nana who was bed bound and begging to be killed does she have to suffer because she can't do it herself?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I'm in favour. With adequate checks to ensure consent, then I think a dignified exit should be allowed.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lascelles101)
    yes this is due to them being traditionally more right wing
    Do you have a source to prove that disabled people are traditionally more right wing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Do you have a source to prove that disabled people are traditionally more right wing?
    The only disabled people who are more right wing are people who are brain damaged.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by LillyFaye)
    The only disabled people who are more right wing are people who are brain damaged.
    https://www.thefword.org.uk/2012/05/calling_out_dis/
    when you use “brain damanged” to mean ignorant, messed up, annoying, crappy and unlikeable, you’re essentially saying that brain damaged people are ignorant, messed up, annoying, crappy and unlikeable.

classy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    https://www.thefword.org.uk/2012/05/calling_out_dis/
    when you use “brain damanged” to mean ignorant, messed up, annoying, crappy and unlikeable, you’re essentially saying that brain damaged people are ignorant, messed up, annoying, crappy and unlikeable.

classy
    Name:  0MHmlOG.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  36.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lascelles101)
    i thought so... is their any exceptions??
    Not that i know of. I am not very relligious yet so i havent read the quran.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.