Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    There's an unofficial mark scheme and chat here on TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamOllieB)
    I thought the exam was easy, next to no science knowledge needed. I'm very annoyed that a lot of the syllabus was not on the exam. Cloning, Fertilisation, Menstrual cycle. I could go on.
    There was just something about this years exam; It felt really dumbed down yet oddly worded.
    100% agree
    It's like AQA just wanted us to waste our time revising tbh
    And the 6 marker... on food!?
    Screw that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy12345heart)
    Also, what did you get for the independent company? I just wrote it was a company not linked to others to avoid bias and cheating.
    Correct

ReputationRep:
    Had I gone into that exam knowing the definition of an "independent company" rather than "homeostasis" or "metabolic rate", then I actually might have passed.

ReputationRep:
    Judging by unofficial mark scheme and my own knowledge, I'm looking at around 52-53/60. Any ideas what grade this would be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotte100200)
    100% agree
    It's like AQA just wanted us to waste our time revising tbh
    And the 6 marker... on food!?
    Screw that
    On all the possible 6 markers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabsdl;[url="tel:64883215")
    64883215[/url]]Had I gone into that exam knowing the definition of an "independent company" rather than "homeostasis" or "metabolic rate", then I actually might have passed.
    This comment made my day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idrathernotsay)
    you dont find out about grade boundaries until they release the result but then i think i think A* should be around 43/60. Thats me giving an educated guess though
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    Judging by unofficial mark scheme and my own knowledge, I'm looking at around 52-53/60. Any ideas what grade this would be?
    Definitely an A*. The highest grade boundary for an A* from the last 4 years is 47/60, and I bet it'll be a pretty low boundary this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muffindodge)
    well rip me, i just put about lichens and air pollution
    Same , it got to the point where I couldn't be bothered to read the question, oh well only two more to go.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.