Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by escg)
    What do you guys the grade boundary is going to be for an A* considering last years was 75%?
    Roughly the same, they only fluctuate by a couple percent around 75%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conradliebers)
    Roughly the same, they only fluctuate by a couple percent around 75%.
    id say that ours was a harder paper, i reckon it will go down to 73-74% if we're lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by escg)
    id say that ours was a harder paper, i reckon it will go down to 73-74% if we're lucky
    You can hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

ReputationRep:
    Still more questions missed out I think.

ReputationRep:
    yes, im trying to think of some haha xD

ReputationRep:
    the question right after our graph. effect of the size of stomata on moving and still wind i think it was? it was 2 marks i think

ReputationRep:
    if i wrote exoplant instead of explant will i get the mark for the gap filling question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by escg)
    the question right after our graph. effect of the size of stomata on moving and still wind i think it was? it was 2 marks i think
    Thats already been added in the description of the graph.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabrieleluberti)
    if i wrote exoplant instead of explant will i get the mark for the gap filling question?
    Don't take my word for this, but I don't think you will - I did the same thing for another question where you have to state the name for the hard protective surface on the eye, and I wrote Conjunctival instead of Conjunctiva

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Aeoleus;64893775]Don't take my word for this, but I don't think you will - I did the same thing for another question where you have to state the name for the hard protective surface on the eye, and I wrote Conjunctival instead of Conjunctiva[/]

bloody hell... lets hope we both get it but its difficult.I got confused with exoplanet and forgot the word hahah

ReputationRep:
    This gave me hope as I put most of the answers, yay!!!

ReputationRep:
    Wait what the question about heart rate? Did it ask to explain or describe the change in heart rate?

ReputationRep:
    I also wrote white blood cell i think we'll get a point for that

ReputationRep:
    Grade Boundaries ?

ReputationRep:
    basically i took some questions asked my teacher and this is what he said...

1) Organelles
    cell wall
    cytoplasm

2)graph is lower

3)75%

9) when ur on your period you might have violent sex and therefore that is not reliable

ReputationRep:
    For the greenhouse gas question would I get a mark for a).Burning fossil fuels and for b). Carbon Dioxide? Aswell for the menstrual cycle graph, should M not be before the first peak? Also, did we need for 11d would oxygen availability and the type of exercise the children are doing be valid control variables? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niralishah)
    basically i took some questions asked my teacher and this is what he said...

1) Organelles
    cell wall
    cytoplasm

2)graph is lower

3)75%

9) when ur on your period you might have violent sex and therefore that is not reliable
    Ur teacher is **** then haha
    1 - an organelle is an organised structure within a cell, the answers are cell wall, vacuole and chloroplast
    2 - thats pretty vague, u need to go into way more detail and use figures
    3 - 13 x 6 = 78 million tonnes
    9 - wtf, that doesn't even have anything to do with it. Sperm can stay in the fallopian tube for a while living of nutrients, and also menstruation doesn't necessarily mean the egg is released, it happens over a couple of days. The day of menstruation can also vary by a couple of days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicoledaysie)
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! I put Antibody and Lymphocyte for that protein table (don't know if i'm right though) and I wrote Carbon Dioxide for 3(b) - Is that right or did it have to be one of the 3 you mentioned?
    I don't think you'll get a point for that as it said you had to give THREE OTHER gases, and carbon dioxide was already given in the question

ReputationRep:
    Guys listen yeah don't worry about the exam am like intuit man sometimes life gives us troubles but like mans we gotta oversome em in spirit and brotherhood. lets not loose all our oxygen worrying about the exam- cause we don't wanna be respiring anaerobically- producng lactic acid.

ReputationRep:
    Will add the Corrections.

Lots of you are asking for grade boundaries etc.

This was quite a hard paper in consideration of recent years as there wasn't much on the ',ain topics of biology that people tend to focus on.

Therefore the grade boundaries are likely to be slightly lower.

Recent 'Raw Mark Grades' which are the marks of ?/120 (P1) and ?/60 (P2) added together have been as low as 129/180 to as high as 138/180. [For ASTAR]
    These have averages around 133/180 but i should imagine that we would be looking at 130-133 out of 180 overall.

In turn 90+ is a great score for this paper leaving you to get 40+ on paper two which is easily doable with some question predictions and some hard studying.

I hope this helps and thanks to all of you for you responses and discussion.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.