Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you registered to vote yet? watch

• View Poll Results: Are you registered to vote in the EU referendum?
    I'm registered
    50.58%
    I'm not registered yet
    19.04%
    I'm not going to register
    8.46%
    I'm not going to vote
    21.92%

ReputationRep:
    Vote Remain! Without a codified constitution the UK needs to remain in the EU to ensure our human rights are protected and cannot be manipulated by the government. Without the security of the EU, the government is granted so much more power and therefore is more prone to becoming an elective dictatorship. The EU means we can travel and work in other member countries, and joining the EU is one of the best decisions we made. Look at the politicians siding to vote leave, Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage for example, who has faith and trusts in them and their views? Not me!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be voting to stay...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebastian Bartlett)
    Then it's also your responsibility as a free person to go and do some research, don't expect everything to be spoon fed you. Exercise you right or lose it!
    Exactly, if you don't vote then IMO you forfeit your right to complain about anything related to the outcome that you don't agree with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebastian Bartlett)
    Then it's also your responsibility as a free person to go and do some research, don't expect everything to be spoon fed you. Exercise you right or lose it!
    Thank you Captain Obvious. I don't expect to have everything spoon fed to me other wise I'd vote based on the crap I read in the DM on my news feed every day. I have no intention of voting on biased information or because I feel the need to when I don't know all the facts

ReputationRep:
    If im registered to vote for the elections a few weeks ago then am i registered for the EU one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)
    Thank you Captain Obvious. I don't expect to have everything spoon fed to me other wise I'd vote based on the crap I read in the DM on my news feed every day. I have no intention of voting on biased information or because I feel the need to when I don't know all the facts
    Just going on your original comment which made it seem as if you expected spoon feeding, here comes the airplane..
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Leaving everything till the last minute as always :cool:

Name:  vote.PNG
Views: 37
Size:  9.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel 96)
    Disgusting how many people aren't going to vote. This is a vote for the people and the people aren't even voting. UKIP did well to win us this referendum. I'm voting out, but I'd still respect you more even if you were to vote the other way. At least you'd have an opinion.
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    I think a lot of them mean they aren't able to.
    That's the case for me, ivybridge. I'm an 18 year old EU national, lived here for 17 years, unable to vote. It's unfortunate, but a lot of people are in the same position where they have been barred from voting due to nationality. C'est la vie. I'm sure if we could vote, this poll's results would have shown that.

However I do agree with Joel 96 in regards to eligible voters, it is appalling that I am always meeting people who have the ability to vote and they choose not to. It frustrates me because they don't understand how lucky they are to be able to vote in this referendum.

ReputationRep:
    The deadline is midnight tonight (tues 7th June), and if you are not registered (at your current address) you will not be able to vote and affect the future of our country.

This is especially important for the under 30s because: a) we move around more frequently so are much more likely to not be registered, b) we are the demographic least likely to vote, c) we will have to live with the decision and its consequences for the longest.

Based on current polling trends, the outcome could well be decided by the over 60s as they have the highest turnout and are most likely to vote leave. But, the vote will actually affect them least, because much EU policy relates to employment and they are retired, and because they will have to live with its consequences for the least amount of time.

All UK citizens 18 and over are eligible, and registering is easy and only takes 5-10 minutes.

Register HERE

ReputationRep:
    I'm registered even though I'm not old enough to actually vote xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FeatherOfLead)

However I do agree with Joel 96 in regards to eligible voters, it is appalling that I am always meeting people who have the ability to vote and they choose not to. It frustrates me because they don't understand how lucky they are to be able to vote in this referendum.
    Indeed. It is an integral part of the new political generation that is sweeping the country and it's more than distressing.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.