Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    I included all the working out luckily, but I don't know where I could've gone wrong.

For the 10 marker, how many marks can you score if you discussed the idea that a stronger pound > export prices rise > exports less competitve > demand for exports falls > E-X component of AD falls > AD decreases > show leftwards shift of AD, fall in PL. But I didn't discuss the idea of cheaper imports, supply curve shifting etc.
    Did you refer to the data at all, I didn't, however I talked about both AS/AD, so I asked my Economics teacher and she said I'd be in the 8+ mark zone.

You said you wrote a decrease in PL, but did you specifically mention "Inflation" in there. If you defined inflation, it would have given you a better mark especially if you talked about it occurring due to a leftward shift in AD, rightward shift in AS.

I'd say 6 marks for what you wrote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    I included all the working out luckily, but I don't know where I could've gone wrong.

For the 10 marker, how many marks can you score if you discussed the idea that a stronger pound > export prices rise > exports less competitve > demand for exports falls > E-X component of AD falls > AD decreases > show leftwards shift of AD, fall in PL. But I didn't discuss the idea of cheaper imports, supply curve shifting etc.
    I think you will get a high mark, and if you included a diagram as well then that's even better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Accountantlolks)
    Okay thanks. But anyways do bar charts have to be spaced out ?
    There wasn't enough room for the bar chart to be spaced out. It left 21 gaps and their were 7 dates so worked perfectly with three gaps per space. So no didn't need to be spaced out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharmonraja)
    I think you will get a high mark, and if you included a diagram as well then that's even better
    The fact that he only mentioned exports drops him marks, and with no reference/definitions of inflation/appreciation etc you won't get high marks. If you talked about BOTH diagrams, AS/AD shifting then you're in the high mark region.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jibzy16)
    Did you refer to the data at all, I didn't, however I talked about both AS/AD, so I asked my Economics teacher and she said I'd be in the 8+ mark zone.

You said you wrote a decrease in PL, but did you specifically mention "Inflation" in there. If you defined inflation, it would have given you a better mark especially if you talked about it occurring due to a leftward shift in AD, rightward shift in AS.

I'd say 6 marks for what you wrote.
    I defined 'inflation' and referred to the extract twice, included a diagram and discussed about the pound appreciating?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxyfreeman)
    There wasn't enough room for the bar chart to be spaced out. It left 21 gaps and their were 7 dates so worked perfectly with three gaps per space. So no didn't need to be spaced out
    If each bar was two boxes wide, then you could've had a single box gap in between each bar

ReputationRep:
    Yes I included a diagram and defined 'inflation and referred to the extract.
    But I didn't discuss the supply-side impact?

ReputationRep:
    I was afraid I'd lose my marks because I didn't space out because it said bar chart, BUT it appears to me that it's fine to draw without no spacing.

I labelled X-Axis as time, and Y-Axis as Price Index, however my teacher told me labelling it as Value/Price for the Y-Axis would have been better.

ReputationRep:
    If each bar was two boxes wide, then you could've had a single box gap in between each bar
    Yeah obviously but you wouldn't really be able to fit in the date within two spaces

Probably would be fine either way I guess

ReputationRep:
    For the 10 marker it was simple- Define Inflation, I also defined exchange rate, Diagram showing fall in SRAS- explained it e.g cheap imports, also spoke about how a fall in exports would also lower demand as well as supply.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that he only mentioned exports drops him marks, and with no reference/definitions of inflation/appreciation etc you won't get high marks. If you talked about BOTH diagrams, AS/AD shifting then you're in the high mark region.
    I talked about imports, exports, appreciation, deflationary pressure, defined two terms and included a diagram with AD shifting to the left but I didn't talk about AS shifting to the right. How many marks do you think I would lose

ReputationRep:
    did anyone do context 2 pls guys im really worried

ReputationRep:
    For the MPC, on what conclusion could make if there is a current account surplus even though trade in goods and services is in defict?
    Some options included:
    - income/transfers etc positive
    - value of exports > value of imports

ReputationRep:
    Yeah obviously but you wouldn't really be able to fit in the date within two spaces

Probably would be fine either way I guess
    I did because I wrote it vertically down 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    Yes I included a diagram and defined 'inflation and referred to the extract.
    But I didn't discuss the supply-side impact?
    If you defined and referred to text but missed out AS diagram, you'd probably be on 7/8 marks! Reason you can't really get more than 7 or 8 is because 2/3 marks are generally given for the other side, i.e. diagram for imports.

2 diagrams were required to show that both an increase in value of the £ leads to a drop in PL, hence a decrease in inflation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    For the MPC, on what conclusion could make if there is a current account surplus even though trade in goods and services is in defict?
    Some options included:
    i did the value of exports > val of imports

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    Some options included:
    The option I chose was 'the combination of primary and secondary incomes (transfers) was positive'

ReputationRep:
    I talked about imports, exports, appreciation, deflationary pressure, defined two terms and included a diagram with AD shifting to the left but I didn't talk about AS shifting to the right. How many marks do you think I would lose
    8 marks maximum to be honest, you needed both sides to form a valid argument that both imports/exports would cause PL to drop.

ReputationRep:
    If you defined and referred to text but missed out AS diagram, you'd probably be on 7/8 marks! Reason you can't really get more than 7 or 8 is because 2/3 marks are generally given for the other side, i.e. diagram for imports.

2 diagrams were required to show that both an increase in value of the £ leads to a drop in PL, hence a decrease in inflation.
    no u dont need no diagrams for 10 markers lol u've failed

ReputationRep:
    For the MPC on the question regarding GDP and population, some of the options were
    -3% and 8%
    -Population was higher than GDP
    What did you guys select?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.