Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i think the exam went fairly well i didn't struggle majorly with anything except for the question on Rosenhans alternative research but overall it was decent hope all of us do well!...
    Py3/4 next hopefully we can stick together for those to!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charthec)
    Better than I thought! I cried a lot before the exam, but I found it okay? Managed Aims and Context, Procedures and the two methodology questions absolutely fine but I bombed on the Findings and Conclusions and didn't answer critically assess because I literally had nothing to write. The studies in Section C was really badly worded but I think I've done okay on that.

How about you guys?
    I'm glad you pulled through in the end :')
    I'm pretty sure you did pretty well then.

I think I just about managed haha. The only question I didn't answer was the Rahe findings and conclusion because I didn't cover it all, and I couldn't exactly bullsh*t my way through a question which is based on giving figures and statistics! But yeah, I thought it was ok apart from that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sexybadman)
    Hey guys i think the exam went fairly well i didn't struggle majorly with anything except for the question on Rosenhans alternative research but overall it was decent hope all of us do well!...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wicked. Bring on unit 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnd45)
    I'm glad you pulled through in the end :'
    I'm pretty sure you did pretty well then.

I think I just about managed haha. The only question I didn't answer was the Rahe findings and conclusion because I didn't cover it all, and I couldn't exactly bullsh*t my way through a question which is based on giving figures and statistics! But yeah, I thought it was ok apart from that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The only think I could remember for Rahe was a 0.118 correlation coefficient and something about deciles? I made an educated guess at the conclusion.

So yeah, very little for a 12 marker but eh.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the exam went okay - was happy with the cognitive debate! Was just wondering if your paper asked for a histogram of a bar chat? As there is much debate about this on Twitter and mine asked for a bar chart?

ReputationRep:
    The only think I could remember for Rahe was a 0.118 correlation coefficient and something about deciles? I made an educated guess at the conclusion.

So yeah, very little for a 12 marker but eh.
    That'll get you maybe 2 marks. Who knows... 2 marks could be the difference between an A or B grade haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wicked. Bring on unit 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeee bring it on ! Btw would you happen to no how long we should spend on each essay in py?3 is it 15 mins or 20mins? I find it takes me 15-16 mins for each essay but was just wondering

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeee bring it on ! Btw would you happen to no how long we should spend on each essay in py?3 is it 15 mins or 20mins? I find it takes me 15-16 mins for each essay but was just wondering

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think 20 minutes per essay seems reasonable because it then leaves you with 50 minutes on section A, and that's sufficient imo.
    I always feel like I'm in need of about 5 minutes more for these psychology exams :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ginagwynne)
    I thought the exam went okay - was happy with the cognitive debate! Was just wondering if your paper asked for a histogram of a bar chat? As there is much debate about this on Twitter and mine asked for a bar chart?
    It was a bar chart. What level of measurement and central tendency did you say it was?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry I didn't see your comment for some reason! Glad you found it okay and yes of course! It's always nice to have a little support group for these horrible exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiko291099)
    It was a bar chart. What level of measurement and central tendency did you say it was?
    I had bar chart as well. I guess the level of measurement and put nominal but I think that's wrong. A lot of people put ratio though. I said it was the mode but my teacher said the mode or median would do!

ReputationRep:
    I think 20 minutes per essay seems reasonable because it then leaves you with 50 minutes on section A, and that's sufficient imo.
    I always feel like I'm in need of about 5 minutes more for these psychology exams :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha so true! If we had like 5-10 more minutes it would be so much better
    And I agree i don't think section A/B should take more than 50minutes there usually straightforward anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who put it down as ordinal?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You could always attempt the essays first? I'm always quicker at Sections A+B but it depends on how you feel. This is where past papers come in handy!

At least PY3+4 are after half term - after tomorrow I'm halfway through my exams

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I didn't see your comment for some reason! Glad you found it okay and yes of course! It's always nice to have a little support group for these horrible exams
    Aha its alright and ye it wasn't to bad Hopefully we've all done well and get the grade we need!
    And ikr! i always thought with wjec psychology i wouldn't have much help on here, its awesome that you made this thread! Btw hows your py3 going atm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who put it down as ordinal?
    Some people in my class did. That was quite a hard question really because I didn't really know. I put nominal because there were no 'gaps' between the numbers e.g. 5-10.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't it the rating on a scale of 0-5?

ReputationRep:
    Aha its alright and ye it wasn't to bad Hopefully we've all done well and get the grade we need!
    And ikr! i always thought with wjec psychology i wouldn't have much help on here, its awesome that you made this thread! Btw hows your py3 going atm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have a sociology exam tomorrow so I'm currently revising for that, but I'll re-start on Thursday as I really need to give myself a break after today's huge meltdown over PY2.

I'm relatively strong on it and it's only really the essays that I need to go over in major detail. I'll make some flash cards to go over definitions of key terms in Sections A+B with my mum (aka my best revision buddy) and I'm sure I'll be fine

It's just PY4 I worry about!

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't it the rating on a scale of 0-5?
    I can't remember. I thought it was to do with the grades?

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for question 3?! The Milgram and Lab experiment question. That wasn't really clear to me. What did everyone put?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.