Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurendean)
    For the question about the polar/sun bears and what the correlation was between their mass and their climate, what did people say??
    I put that the polar bear had a higher mass because of the fat/blubber needed to insulate itself in the cold climate but I don't think that's right.
    Haha, wrong subject :') but it's surface area to volume ratio. Smaller something is, the more surface area it had in comparison to its volume. More surface area = easier for heat to leave. It's why babies get cold easily and horses overheat a lot. So the sun bear loses heat to keep it cool, polar bear retains it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrSebWilkes)
    Why ISN'T it Galvanisation?
    Because you're not covering it in a layer, it's just a hunk of zinc stuck into the front of an iron boat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agrace_15)
    Yeah I got that
    I did initially but then had about 50 minutes to check - I noticed that I'd calculated it wrong as you have to devide by the smaller number of moles you get; I got 0.01xxxx and 0.05xxxx .. I realised 0.01 is smaller and not 0.05 - so I got Ti3 x 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benedict2314)
    Did anyone else get TiCl3 for empirical formula?
    Yep but loads of people got weird answers: some got Ti4Cl!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillsburno)
    What did people put for the physical property that shows water is pure? I said it boils at 100 degrees C but pretty sure that's not the correct answer...
    I said it wouldn't conduct electricity because pure water is a covalent compound

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYR)
    How would a test show it was all used?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was thinking it would tell you whether the substance was more acidic or alkaline as in all the hydrochloric was used up and thus it was acidic?

ReputationRep:
    will 'sacrificial method' be accepted- my mind just went blank

ReputationRep:
    OK I know everyone has stopped talking about chem, but does everyone use the AQA IGCSE textbooks? In the exam style qs, this may have seemed obvious but some of the questions are the exact same ones. I mean like full questions, not just a)ii) type thing. Six markers that can come up for any of the topics are and were in the topic section, and its the same for Bio. Even for the weird exam the Bio was, its the same thing. The exact questions are there. I'm currently looking through the physics textbook for 6 marker predictions... This may be stupid that I didn't realise because its literally called exam style Qs, but it was surprising that some of them are exactly the same. I really should have done more questions from the textbook...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.