The Student Room Group

Wjec c2 may 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nickydakid
How did people do Q4-the one with the boy who runs around the track? Only information I picked up was a=6 and d=2. Were you meant to set up a simultaneous equation?

i think you put it into the sum of the series equation to get the value of n, i got 25 but im not sure if its right
@marchus noob
Original post by Marcuschho
Ah the joys of failing exams.
Totally aced setting up the simultaneous equations for the boy running around the track eh?
n = -30 yeah

But that logs question was a beast, base change formula and having to figure out that the infinite series telescopes to 4... Wtf were wjec doing?!

n=25 because you can't have a negative time. The solutions of the quadratic eqn. Were something like: (x-25)(x+30) hence, x=25 and x=-30. Although it would be impossible for it to be -30 surely? I know!!! The logs one was a nightmare, I got some answer though, d^x=4. But I can't remember if that was it, it was something I have never seen before anyway😂
what did you boosted animals get for the triangle question
Original post by Elliottmanwaring
n=25 because you can't have a negative time. The solutions of the quadratic eqn. Were something like: (x-25)(x+30) hence, x=25 and x=-30. Although it would be impossible for it to be -30 surely? I know!!! The logs one was a nightmare, I got some answer though, d^x=4. But I can't remember if that was it, it was something I have never seen before anyway😂

What did you get for the first arithmetic one? I knew what the 1 marker was but the second one confused me? Sum of first 24? It was only 2 marks, but still. :tongue:
Original post by SoundBass
What did you get for the first arithmetic one? I knew what the 1 marker was but the second one confused me? Sum of first 24? It was only 2 marks, but still. :tongue:

600 for the second part
Original post by MorganHill
@marchus noob

I know.. And I'm sorry for being such an idiot. I should kill myself. I always thought the community here wasn't toxic but i haven't felt so discouraged by a comment before, especially after a simple exam like C2. Sigh maybe I'm not born for this
I know.. And I'm sorry for being such an idiot. I should kill myself. I always thought the community here wasn't toxic but i haven't felt so discouraged by a comment before, especially after a simple exam like C2. Sigh maybe I'm not born for this

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I found it super tough.. Bye bye medicine..not even at St Georges.
I guess I'll work at MacDonald's when im older..

What does a common chord mean anyways?
And what was the t11 + t12?
Does anyone know the minimum distance from the origin?

Sigh I must be pretty stupid

t11 + t12 = 50

forgot the rest
thought it was ok, not sure whether may answers for the triangle questions were right; I had 40 something for the area and 4.2 for the length AD
WJEC really know how to mug people off, was a hard paper.

Anyone else get 6.6 recurring for the radius in the last question????

Y12? Have you been on TSR before? The community seems to look down on anyone not doing Medicine at Oxford with 4A*s at A level.

Don't be so hard on yourself.
Original post by dewibatista
thought it was ok, not sure whether may answers for the triangle questions were right; I had 40 something for the area and 4.2 for the length AD

Yeah, I got that too.
How the heck do you do the last question?
Original post by MorganHill
what did you boosted animals get for the triangle question

Area = 42cm and I can't remember what I got as the angle. Something like 36.9 degrees IIRC
Original post by ovo_zverit
Yeah, I got that too.

what was your method just outta curiosity?
Original post by kearnsey98
How the heck do you do the last question?

You had to look at the other sector. Pi radians = 180 degrees so the other angle was (pi - theta) radians

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PedanticStudent
You had to look at the other sector. Pi radians = 180 degrees so the other angle was (pi - theta) radians

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup thats what I did. Got 6.7 as the radius
Original post by PedanticStudent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesnt that mean that r^2 cancels?
Original post by dewibatista
what was your method just outta curiosity?

Used the Sin rule to find angle C, then re did it to find new angle A Then subbed it back in so AD/sin(C) = 7/SinA

Thats about the gist of it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending