Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    Who told your driving instructor? It would be a bit odd for the examiners to go around telling instructors this secret quota, wouldn't you think?

Might I suggest a more logical reason behind the "quota" myth being a mixture of instructors wanting to reassure their students after a bad test that (A) it wasn't their fault, and (B) that the teaching quality isn't to blame?
    Look, all I know is that we were driving home after I'd passed my test and she was telling me a story of one of her pupils who'd failed a few days before and she said "I thought that meant they must have hit the quota for the month but obviously not because you passed" and I said "what quota?" and she explained, so she must have truly believed it.

I passed my test over 3 years ago now so in all honesty I don't really care whether the quota thing is or is not real

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann.It)
    Appealing for what? You were being tested by someone who already HAS a license, and some experience on the road too. Whether you chose to appeal or not, the examiner's decisions wouldn't have changed, you still would have failed.

Like i said, the quota myth is only told to student that had failed to reassure that it wasn't their fault (just like another person has stated above).
    Not that I would have used it but there is an appeals procedure...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leanney)
    Look, all I know is that we were driving home after I'd passed my test and she was telling me a story of one of her pupils who'd failed a few days before and she said "I thought that meant they must have hit the quota for the month but obviously not because you passed" and I said "what quota?" and she explained, so she must have truly believed it.

I passed my test over 3 years ago now so in all honesty I don't really care whether the quota thing is or is not real
    Thanks for the story, but it doesn't really address the question. Your assumption is that a driving instructor must know what they're talking about on this topic. My challenge is the last people that would be included on a quota secret would be driving instructors!

It's a myth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richci)
    Title.

If anyone has questions or wants advice about it, I'll try my best!
    How long did it take you to study for your theory? And how long did it take you to pass your driving practical?

Congrats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mona-S)
    How long did it take you to study for your theory? And how long did it take you to pass your driving practical?

Congrats.
    I revised lazily using an app for about 2 weeks on and off? But then 2 days before realised the app was lacking most of the material. So just practiced a mock theory online for 3 hours a night for the 2 days before my test. It worked haha! Theory is fairly easy as long as your memory is decent.

I haven't done my practical yet though.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've got my driving theory this week and I was wondering how similar the questions from the mock tests are to the actual test?? I've been getting around 46/47 out of 50 on the mock ones. I've just been having a look at that top tests website you recommended as well and that's really helpful!! I'll definitely be using that over the next few days to get some last minute revision in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clorun)
    Hi, I've got my driving theory this week and I was wondering how similar the questions from the mock tests are to the actual test?? I've been getting around 46/47 out of 50 on the mock ones. I've just been having a look at that top tests website you recommended as well and that's really helpful!! I'll definitely be using that over the next few days to get some last minute revision in.
    They are literally the same questions. Because I'm good at remembering things, I found that I could answer them all just by recognising the questions and what the right answer looked like hahaha. But like in person if you asked me, I'd probably have no clue.

Top Tests mock is perfect, do that till you can pass it every time with near 100% and then also do the official DVSA mock. When I did the actual test it was nearly exactly the same as the DVSA mock on their site!

ReputationRep:
    Had my theory on wed and got 50/50And 64/75 well.pleased, lots of practice though
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by tobyjuggy)
    Had my theory on wed and got 50/50And 64/75 well.pleased, lots of practice though
    Congrats, but this thread is a year old! Please make your own thread in future.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.