Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UsaamahFzl)
    I put air conditioners as well.I'm pretty sure that was right.
    Yes, I think so. There was also another one about engineering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamer_44)
    In the Higher Listening, there was a question about air conditioners, internet access or TV satellites. Anyone put air conditioners as I heard 'calor' which means hot.
    Yep, pretty sure it's correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannxhc)
    I got this!!
    I said they have gained weight, as they eat more than necessary as they cannot control themselves
    Ah ok that's reassuring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lelanor)
    Yep, pretty sure it's correct.
    Also, I feel as if I lost a mark or two on the letter to the restaurant. Which 4 options did you choose?

ReputationRep:
    In the Higher Listening, there was a question about air conditioners, internet access or TV satellites. Anyone put air conditioners as I heard 'calor' which means hot.
    Same here.

ReputationRep:
    my teachers never told me my coursework grades but all she said it was a "strong a" and im pretty sure its bordering on some a* some a pieces. she said if i did well in the exam theres a good chance of me getting an a* overall. i was aiming to get 100% ums on both papers but im not so sure about the listening. if i got like 100 on the reading and 90 on the listening would an a* still be possible? i know its all very rough but i just need to know because its eating me

ReputationRep:
    Also, I feel as if I lost a mark or two on the letter to the restaurant. Which 4 options did you choose?
    Would like to eat there again
    The chef was recommended
    Only locals eat there (which I think was wrong so was a guess because none of the others seemed right either. My friend said she put the food is authentic instead. It was about the food being prepared with local people in mind rather than foreigners or something like that)
    I can't remember the fourth one I put

I know it wasnt the half servings one or that they would recommended it, and i don't think it was that the food was good value for money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student2607)
    Have sent you a direct message with a link to the unofficial mark scheme as I am super confused as I recognise all the questions on that but can't see one I recognise as a bus
    Hi can you please send me the unofficial mark scheme as I haven't found it yet 😊

ReputationRep:
    I got 27/30 in both courseworks. How much would I need in listening and reading - as a bare minimum to get - an A*,A or B, overall.

ReputationRep:
    I can mostly only remember the words not the letters or order, but I said the busses were smaller, silent, good for accessing places that other vehicles can't. I think I got the same as you for the last two answers and probably some or all of the others.
    oh my God! i thought this was an AQA thread so reading your post i thought i was screwed because I thought i missed a page. a damn, i cant feel my heart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student2607)
    Have sent you a direct message with a link to the unofficial mark scheme as I am super confused as I recognise all the questions on that but can't see one I recognise as a bus
    Please send me the MS too

ReputationRep:
    Hi could I have it as well please

ReputationRep:
    Would like to eat there again
    The chef was recommended
    Only locals eat there (which I think was wrong so was a guess because none of the others seemed right either. My friend said she put the food is authentic instead. It was about the food being prepared with local people in mind rather than foreigners or something like that)
    I can't remember the fourth one I put

I know it wasnt the half servings one or that they would recommended it, and i don't think it was that the food was good value for money.
    I said that they would go back, recommend it to others, the food portion size was too big and the one about fresh fruit. I swear it said the half size portion was too generous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stormblazer999)
    You would need 21-23 out of 40 to get a C in Listening.
    You would need 22-24 out of 40 to get a C in Reading.

You would need 25-27 out of 40 to get an A in Listening.
    You would need 27-30 out of 40 to get an A in Reading.

But the grade boundaries this year for Spanish will likely to be lower than ever so your chances of getting a C/A are fairly high.

Let's assume you dropped 15 marks in Reading (8 marks because you forgot Q3 and 7 marks overall) you would be getting a very high B or a low A.

Do not panic. You will do just fine.
    Thank God!
    Hopefuly I scrape a C

I'm sort of dissapointed though because I spent this entire year retaking literally all of my courseworks which were at D's to A*'s and now im going do crap on the actual exam because I never got time to actually revise it (but on my defence though, I had cover teachers this year so we never got through any content at all)

On the bright side, I will get to start revising more on my other 'important' subjects.

Do you think its possibe to get an A* (based on UMS) if i scraped A's on Biology ISA & unit 1?
    (My teachers are [email protected] up everyones ISA's e.g. I first got 39/40 then they changed it to 48/50 and now 40/50.
    (I think they lowered everyones mark after they were marked already by selecting an unbiased sample of students (e.g. 10/150) and basing the judgment on whether everyone should lose marks on tht sample (so bassically they are trying to be moderators), but the thing is I revised my @ss off on that Biology ISA and I was 100% sure I had got a minimum of 45/50. e.g. I was sure I had gotten an A on my chemistry ISA and it turned out I actually got 48/50 and Physics 40/50... but i was never good at physics to begin with. but hopefully the moderators give extra marks for Biology...

The reason why I know a lot of teacher can't mark work in my school even if their life depended on it is because:
    1) the past 2 heads of english got sacked because they couldn't mark the courseworks for english lang properly, let alone teach (and when I mean "cant mark", I mean they gave all of set 1 C's on S&L and were like 15 makrs wrong on the coursework markings (which could explains why they got sacked a week after the markings were sent for moderation)

2) Half of the science teachers left from my school, strangley, all of them had some relation to the ISA markings (e.g. my last biology teacher left because she 'apparently' couldn't mark ISA's properly, and some chemistry teacher got sacked because he gave the answers to his classes just before the actual ISA - I really dont understand why they still managed to get C's even though they had all the answers spoon-fed to them :/ )

Sory for all of the paragraphs and being rude, I'm just really stressing and panisking that Im going to fail but thanks for the reply I really apreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shohaib712)
    Thank God!
    Hopefuly I scrape a C

I'm sort of dissapointed though because I spent this entire year retaking literally all of my courseworks which were at D's to A*'s and now im going do crap on the actual exam because I never got time to actually revise it (but on my defence though, I had cover teachers this year so we never got through any content at all)

On the bright side, I will get to start revising more on my other 'important' subjects.

Do you think its possibe to get an A* (based on UMS) if i scraped A's on Biology ISA & unit 1?
    (My teachers are [email protected] up everyones ISA's e.g. I first got 39/40 then they changed it to 48/50 and now 40/50.
    (I think they lowered everyones mark after they were marked already by selecting an unbiased sample of students (e.g. 10/150) and basing the judgment on whether everyone should lose marks on tht sample (so bassically they are trying to be moderators), but the thing is I revised my @ss off on that Biology ISA and I was 100% sure I had got a minimum of 45/50. e.g. I was sure I had gotten an A on my chemistry ISA and it turned out I actually got 48/50 and Physics 40/50... but i was never good at physics to begin with. but hopefully the moderators give extra marks for Biology...

The reason why I know a lot of teacher can't mark work in my school even if their life depended on it is because:
    1) the past 2 heads of english got sacked because they couldn't mark the courseworks for english lang properly, let alone teach (and when I mean "cant mark", I mean they gave all of set 1 C's on S&L and were like 15 makrs wrong on the coursework markings (which could explains why they got sacked a week after the markings were sent for moderation)

2) Half of the science teachers left from my school, strangley, all of them had some relation to the ISA markings (e.g. my last biology teacher left because she 'apparently' couldn't mark ISA's properly, and some chemistry teacher got sacked because he gave the answers to his classes just before the actual ISA - I really dont understand why they still managed to get C's even though they had all the answers spoon-fed to them :/ )

Sory for all of the paragraphs and being rude, I'm just really stressing and panisking that Im going to fail but thanks for the reply I really apreciate it!
    Unfortunately I do not do AQA Biology (I do OCR 21st Century) - I do not even know what ISA is. So I guess you're gonna have to find someone else that can help you with that. However, I could do some research for you and try and help you but overall I cannot help you at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has the unofficial MS can I have it too please?

ReputationRep:
    It said that they would recommend having small portions as the big ones were too generous - it tricked us unfortunately. The answers were, the food is authentic, the chef was highly recommended, the ingredients were fresh and they would eat there again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To get an A, you would need an A and a B in the exams, and to get a C, you would only need two C's😊

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has the unofficial mark scheme can I have it please? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaryK12)
    Hi can you please send me the unofficial mark scheme as I haven't found it yet 😊
    If you could pass it on to me to that would be great! thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.